Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 25, 2016, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
promo link
Terms and Conditions

* For this promotion, only dollars spent on the "fare" on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones. Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with "016") will not qualify for this offer. The "fare" is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate. Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone.

** For this promotion, bonus award miles will be awarded for each spending milestone that has been met, subject to the terms and conditions. Milestone bonuses may be earned only once. Partial bonuses will not be awarded for members who don't reach a certain milestone. All calculations made in connection with this offer will be made by United MileagePlus® in its discretion and considered final.

Only original recipients of this email invitation can register and participate in this promotion.
Registration is required by November 15, 2016. Only tickets purchased and ticketed after registration and within the ticketing dates will qualify.
Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016.
Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016. Bonus will be calculated using the originally ticketed fares and/or fare classes, as applicable, and subsequent changes to any fares and/or fare classes as a result of itinerary changes, complimentary or paid upgrades, purchase of travel products (including but not limited to United ClubSM, Premier Access®, Award Accelerator®, Premier AcceleratorSM), irregular operations or otherwise will not be considered.

<redacted e-ticket verbiage>

If you received complimentary Premier status:

Your complimentary status is one level higher than the MileagePlus membership status reflected in your MileagePlus account on May 7, 2016. Your status will be not be increased to any other level in connection with this offer. If flights taken prior to May 7, 2016, are credited to your account after May 7, 2016, and result in you meeting the qualification requirements for a higher Premier status, your status will not be complimentarily upgraded again. Qualifying for a higher status level than the complimentary status awarded in connection with this offer requires meeting the published qualification thresholds for Premier status.
The complimentary status is valid through January 31, 2017.
A Premier membership card and kit will be not issued for the complimentary status period. Your new benefits will be reflected in your Mileage Plus account once you log in and you may enjoy Premier benefits on United- or United Express-operated flights by providing your account number when making reservations or at check-in.
During the complimentary status period, you may not have access to all reciprocal Premier benefits with United's partner airlines, including access to Star Alliance lounges.
Members will not receive Regional Premier Upgrades as part of this offer unless the published qualification thresholds for Premier Platinum status have been earned in the current year.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

If you received an Economy Plus subscription:

The Economy Plus® subscription can be used only on flights operated by United and United Express in the 48 contiguous U.S. states (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
The Economy Plus subscription is complimentary, and will not result in the subscriber earning Premier qualifying dollars. The subscription is neither changeable nor transferable.
The Economy Plus subscription is valid through January 31, 2017, and can be used to request an Economy Plus seat at no cost on flights between May 10, 2016, and January 31, 2017. Any flights taken after January 31, 2017, will not qualify under the Economy Plus subscription.
Economy Plus seats on qualifying flights can be selected on united.com at booking, after booking before check-in, during check-in or at a check-in kiosk in the airport. Economy Plus seat assignments are not guaranteed.
The subscriber's MileagePlus number must be included in the reservation in order to receive the subscription benefits.
Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.

<UA MP rules redacted>
Print Wikipost

PROMOTION [targeted] - Extra RDMs for additional spend [May 25-Nov 30, 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2016, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
This is what I have.

My final flight of the year is tomorrow, and I will end up at ... (drumroll) ... $2496.

Given the flight is already sold-out in Y, I suppose a GG BUYUP will be extremely expensive.

Any other way to eek out an extra $4 without flying?
My flights posted, and I checked the website...

Congratulations on reaching your final milestone
You've earned
bonus
award miles

All's well that ends well.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
My milestones were $40k, $45k and $50k to earn 50k/75k/125k bonus RDM's.

I am going to hit the $40k in a week or so and then a Thanksgiving ski trip in Europe will pull me over the $45k mark, so I should get 125k extra miles. Got lucky as my flight home from Switzerland is on November 29th.

I have barely been using GPU and CPU this year, and together with my husband who will hit 1K I think we have 15 GPU's for us 2. Only time I ever use them is when I am on a D class fare or higher and can sneak into the shrinking Global First cabins. Great perk as the privacy in GF seats is a nice way to travel, although I guess Polaris will still retain a bit of that privacy if not such a large space.

I really only bought one $2k ticket to go see a play my sister is putting on to make sure i get past the $45K spend - don't really need extra miles!
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Does E+ purchase count toward PQD for this promotion purpose?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Minor tweak -- any segment with a scheduled departure time prior to the deadline will be counted.
So if I have a trip that leaves on 11/30 and gets back in December, I would only get the credit for that segment, not the whole trip (i.e. any flights leaving on 12/1 or later on the same itinerary)?

Also, does anyone know if accelerator miles count as spend for this promotion?
Old Nov 2, 2016, 8:13 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mgkumar
So if I have a trip that leaves on 11/30 and gets back in December, I would only get the credit for that segment, not the whole trip (i.e. any flights leaving on 12/1 or later on the same itinerary)?
Only for flights which are scheduled to depart by 11/30. Flights scheduled to depart on 12/1, even if continuing as a connection from an 11/30 flight, will not count.

Originally Posted by mgkumar
Also, does anyone know if accelerator miles count as spend for this promotion?
No, they will not AFAIK.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Question Do tickets from my corporate travel site count?

Hi-

I tried to do a bunch of keyword searches to see if this has been addressed and didn't find anything, but am unable to read all 53 pages of this thread!

Would a United ticket purchased through my company's travel site count? Is there a way to know from the ticket number? I had just bought a ticket IAD-LAX through the corporate site an hour ago (was just told last night to stop using my personal United Visa) when I remembered this promotion and checked my status and saw that I'm pretty close to my third threshold.

If that corporate site-purchased ticket doesn't count, I can still cancel it without penalty since it's only been an hour, and just purchase one last work ticket on my personal card. But if it does count, all good and I can sit tight.

Thank you!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
I hit milestone 2 after arriving in PVG a few days ago and the bonus (27,000 miles) posted ~36 hours later. My P ticket home from PVG put me over milestone 3 and the promo site now shows that I've reached my final milestone Now to wait for my remaining 26,000 miles to post ^
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
My wife hit her first 2 milestones - they posted within a few days of being achieved. Pretty quick!
Old Nov 4, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by formergr
Hi-

I tried to do a bunch of keyword searches to see if this has been addressed and didn't find anything, but am unable to read all 53 pages of this thread!

Would a United ticket purchased through my company's travel site count? Is there a way to know from the ticket number? I had just bought a ticket IAD-LAX through the corporate site an hour ago (was just told last night to stop using my personal United Visa) when I remembered this promotion and checked my status and saw that I'm pretty close to my third threshold.

If that corporate site-purchased ticket doesn't count, I can still cancel it without penalty since it's only been an hour, and just purchase one last work ticket on my personal card. But if it does count, all good and I can sit tight.

Thank you!
Yes. If ticket accrues PQD, is UA metal, and you're the one flying, it counts.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
PQD Not Posting Correctly

My PQD have all posted correctly to my account, but the, "Check your milestone progress page", shows an incorrect amount for my qualifying total. The first two milestones have been reached and I only need around 800 PQD by 11/30 to get the last one. But, if they don't correct the PQDs, I am not going to make it.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
I'm assuming the answer is no, but is there any way to manufacture spend for this promo?

I'm $170 short of a 50k miles bonus with no travel before Nov 30.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:37 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
I'm assuming the answer is no, but is there any way to manufacture spend for this promo?

I'm $170 short of a 50k miles bonus with no travel before Nov 30.
Maybe E+? Otherwise, upfare to the next Economy fare bucket up?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
3rd milestone posted, thanks united
Old Nov 5, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by joseeantonior
Maybe E+? Otherwise, upfare to the next Economy fare bucket up?
50K RDM's is worth 3-4X the $170 you need to achieve it. Book a cheap ticket somewhere.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:32 pm

Hi. Sorry to make my first post a question rather than information, but here goes. I will try to make up for that going forward. I looked for this above, but could not find an answer:

After expected travel, I will be about $400 short of my 2nd milestone. ($11K milestone, for 70K miles). I am holding a $300 United e-certificate - for compensation from an earlier flight - that will expire soon.

If I buy, say, a $500 pqd ticket, using my $300 e-certificate as partial payment, will this count as $500 for this promotion, or only as $200? That is, will only the cash payment count for the promotion, or will the e-certificate payment count as well?

The United customer service agent told me only the cash will count, but it was not clear she really understood my question. Anyone with any experience/observations on this? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.