Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

New Future Flight Status Tool (presently non-operative)

Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
This is my site. All my tool does is form the correct URL based on the information in the form and redirects you to United's website. All the data is United's. It's the same as method that United's flight status checker on their website uses. This just allows you to input any date. I'm kinda surprised its still working after all the designs.

You can verify this yourself by looking at the website address toolbar as shown in red circles below:

jsloan, mmayer, onthesam and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Thanks, FL390. The tool has helped me immensely. This case shows that the United flight status Amenities tab is from one database and Upgrade tab another. The conflict might explain why the seatmap is not available for display.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tstauck
Hi Everyone - quick question on the cablepick.net seatmap vs United reservations seatmap and which is more accurate?
This is not a cablepick issue, cablepick is redirecting you to UA's Flight Status page ( it is not scraping any data).

So this is an issue between UA's Flight Status page vs UA Reservation page. cablepick.net is an innocent bystander.

You can get to the same page with cablepickis you know how to modify the URL coding (that's all cablepick is doing but it saves the tedious process ^ . Other can do the same by changing the date on there smartphone and then use the UA app.
jsloan, Flying Machine and WWfly like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
I've noticed a number of cases where UA flight status defaults to a B738, probably since they have a lot of them and aircraft types similar to them (B737-B739, A319/A320) and are using legacy CO systems. Your flight is certainly express on an RJ.

Also, as a matter of internet literacy, cablepick isn't saying anything, United.com flight status is saying B738.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FL390
This is my site. All my tool does is form the correct URL based on the information in the form and redirects you to United's website. All the data is United's. It's the same as method that United's flight status checker on their website uses. This just allows you to input any date. I'm kinda surprised its still working after all the designs.

You can verify this yourself by looking at the website address toolbar as shown in red circles below:

Thanks FL390 for the site and I use it all the time! And thanks to everyone who responded, I certainly do think it will be a CRJ flight. At least not the 200
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Looks like the United site has a new flight status page. I kind of like the layout and information, BUT it does not appear to be working with the cablepick site
I hope FL390 can tweak it again. Looking farther than a few days out for a flight status is an invaluable tool...
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by FlyngSvyr
Looks like the United site has a new flight status page. I kind of like the layout and information, BUT it does not appear to be working with the cablepick site
I hope FL390 can tweak it again. Looking farther than a few days out for a flight status is an invaluable tool...
oh that's the issue! I tried it today and I couldn't get the seat map to work and I thought it was something else. Thanks for advising and hopefully FL390 Will be able to write the update! I love the tool..
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Literally just in the past few hours. Worked this morning.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Literally just in the past few hours. Worked this morning.
It doesn't look like it's going to be easy to repair, either. The new URL format includes the date, so it was easy enough to change... but UA is now bounds-checking the parameter, so I get redirected to the main flight status input form if I set it too far into the future.

works --> https://www.united.com/en/us/flights...-25/AUS/SFO/UA
redirects --> https://www.united.com/en/us/flights...-26/AUS/SFO/UA

Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jsloan
It doesn't look like it's going to be easy to repair, either. The new URL format includes the date, so it was easy enough to change... but UA is now bounds-checking the parameter, so I get redirected to the main flight status input form if I set it too far into the future.

works --> https://www.united.com/en/us/flights...-25/AUS/SFO/UA
redirects --> https://www.united.com/en/us/flights...-26/AUS/SFO/UA

Website's redirect relies on user's date but doesn't give any information if 'out of bounds'.

I think United has 'fixed' us.

Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Experiencing the same - if I manually alter the URL to future dates beyond ~2 days out, it reverts back to the search page.

Grr - how am I going to watch Polaris loads on an upcoming SIN-SFO now?!
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by rch4u
Experiencing the same - if I manually alter the URL to future dates beyond ~2 days out, it reverts back to the search page.

Grr - how am I going to watch Polaris loads on an upcoming SIN-SFO now?!
there is a trick on the United app where if you set your phones clock to a date in the future, the app will let you query the status for a flight on or around that date. If you then subscribe to push notifications for that flight, it will stay there in flight status even when you set your clock back to the correct date.

i use this all the time to monitor seat maps and upgrades for future flights.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by villox

there is a trick on the United app where if you set your phones clock to a date in the future, the app will let you query the status for a flight on or around that date. If you then subscribe to push notifications for that flight, it will stay there in flight status even when you set your clock back to the correct date.

Thanks for the tip. It works great....but...be careful - if you sent a date in the future I noticed it will clear any previously saved flights you may have listed. If you have multiple flights to add start with the latest one and work back to the closest.

Works great though:
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: UA 1K MM

This is fantastic and works like a charm. Thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

there is a trick on the United app where if you set your phones clock to a date in the future, the app will let you query the status for a flight on or around that date.
If an enterprising person could set up a proxy (or packet sniffer) to capture the flight status URL and post it, it may be possible to build a web front-end for that data, or, at least to let people make the call themselves and scrape the data out.
canadiancow likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.