Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA CEO Oscar Munoz to tell how UA will improve the customer experience - 2 June 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA CEO Oscar Munoz to tell how UA will improve the customer experience - 2 June 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2016, 7:03 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist

Oscar, the stage is yours. In yet another — and perhaps the flashiest — sign yet that United Airlines is changing, CEO Oscar Munoz will take center stage in what is being billed as a major media event on June 2 at the historic Gotham Hall in New York City. Multiple sources said this will be Munoz's biggest public event since he returned in late March from an extended medical leave after a heart attack and heart transplant. The New York City event also comes after United agreed to bring in new board of directors members proposed by two activist shareholder groups.
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...a.html?ana=twt

Should be interesting! We know at minimum it should be the new Biz seat, but what else?
Old May 21, 2016, 7:12 am

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
wow I hope good things come of this.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:18 am

Perhaps they're going to rename business first "Connoisseur" class.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by worldtrav
A throwback and better than a stupid name like BF.

Seems like an awfully big event just for a new Biz seat and PE. Maybe some rebranding too? We could only be so lucky.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Well, if there's one thing I've learned about CEOs over the years, it's that they love to revive old ideas and claim them as their own.

Honestly, this article worries me. I expect a mix of good news and bad news (perhaps disguised as good news). Business class seats, no frills fares, and who knows what. I would imagine something high-tech, maybe IFE or something (and a price?), and some kind of new partnership, maybe for food or beverages.

Some we'll like and some we won't. Just guessing but it will be interesting to see.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: United 1K
Wish List
- Re-Branding incorporating the U for United.
- Better upgrades GPU/RPU/CPUs for 1Ks
- FA contracts signed.
- Seat-back entertainment for all seats/planes

- [I’m missing a number of things]

Never Gonna Happen Wish List:
- Enhanced Global First that will not be going away.
- Buying 25 747-8s, with an option of 25 more...might as well just make it 50.
- Announcement that United will be suing Smisek for his massive pump-n-dump scheme. (Companies should be able to do this, and if they can, why aren’t they?)

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old May 21, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by mkrecek
Wish List
- FA contracts signed.
Very unlikely done by June 2nd although they are making progress.

The JNC has completed a week of negotiations in Reston, Virginia.

The week was spent trying to resolve the outstanding core issues in the area of Scheduling. The Company and AFA passed concepts to each other through the two mediators who are working with us now.

Negotiations will resume in Reston on June 1st.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Maybe he will announce Illy coffee again. At this point, I expect an entire year of coffee teasing before I get my first cup!
Old May 21, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Really hope rebranding is part of it. Really really hope it's rebranding that involves the tulip.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Maybe he will announce Illy coffee again. At this point, I expect an entire year of coffee teasing before I get my first cup!
I had the Illy coffee in the SFO UC. Definitely did not live up to all the hype spouted in the coffee thread. Yes, better than what was served before, but not a great cup of coffee, in my opinion.
Old May 21, 2016, 10:46 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Moderator Note

Originally Posted by nevansm
http://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/n...a.html?ana=twt

Should be interesting! We know at minimum it should be the new Biz seat, but what else?
The event and potential new seat announcement is already under discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ss-layout.html

Let use this thread for the "what else"

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old May 21, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps UA could build and move into new headquarters space?

Yesterday, AA imploded its original DFW HDQ space to make room for construction of yet another new HQ (which will be its third since moving from NYC to DFW in 1978). No, I'm not suggesting that UA implode the Sears Tower. But it's an airline, not a law firm, group of architects or accountants. There's no need for HDQ to be in downtown high-rise space that far away from the airport. Perhaps downtown Rosemont instead.

I hope that Mr Munoz announces some visionary changes that will spur competition between UA, DL and AA to improve passenger experience, and, from UA's perspective, scrub the remnants of the failed previous management from the airline.
Old May 21, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Get ready to hear about Mr Munoz's version of changes you will like
Old May 21, 2016, 11:55 am

Programs: NEXUS, UA Club
Hopefully addressing international catering so it's not the same entrees as 1995 (yes I exaggerate, but just barely!!)
Old May 21, 2016, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by mkrecek
Wish List
- Re-Branding incorporating the U for United.
- Better upgrades GPU/RPU/CPUs for 1Ks
- FA contracts signed.
- Seat-back entertainment for all seats/planes

- [I’m missing a number of things]

Never Gonna Happen Wish List:
- Enhanced Global First that will not be going away.
- Buying 25 747-8s, with an option of 25 more...might as well just make it 50.
- Announcement that United will be suing Smisek for his massive pump-n-dump scheme. (Companies should be able to do this, and if they can, why aren’t they?)
In reference to your last point, companies not only can, but are REQUIRED to claw back pay from any executive who benefited from performing non-SEC compliant or otherwise illegal actions. So if Jeff is found guilty, there is definitely an avenue for claw-back. But a lot more facts need to come out before that topic is worth even discussing.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 21, 2016 at 12:30 pm Reason: Quote updated to reflect Moderator edit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.