FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   How many don't get UA emails? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1767033-how-many-dont-get-ua-emails.html)

1k-all-the-way May 19, 2016 9:04 pm

How many don't get UA emails?

Reading the latest thread about the letter from Oscar, and occasional comments in posts here, made me wonder how many MP members don't get emails from UA? I never do. I am subscribed to all lists, have asked 1kvoice and MP and web support for help from time to time, and still no resolution to the problem.

Seems like I am one of the few based upon others here always reporting out on various messages, promotions, or not?

If anyone has had similar, and solved the problem, very interested to hear how.

Thank you!

kenziid3 May 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Have you checked your junk mail?

1k-all-the-way May 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Yes, done all the obvious...so clueless about why it's happening... So is UA when they try to assist.

mduell May 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Mostly I'd guess they don't send them to you.

I didn't get it either.

ShotgunKid May 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way (Post 26653535)
Yes, done all the obvious...so clueless about why it's happening... So is UA when they try to assist.

I have similar, but not exactly the same problem. I don't get all the confirmation emails that are sent out whether it is a reservation or cancellation which obviously can cause lots of problems. I contacted support and they said it was obviously on my end. In other words, they were no help. I changed my email address and it seemed to help for some reason.

vdostoi1 May 19, 2016 10:41 pm

In the same boat. Subscribed to everything. Check junk mail every day. Never get any emails. Just for kicks, subscribed my mother-in-law for monthly MP statements and I get it for her on a monthly basis (but no other emails whatsoever). On the contrary, my wife gets emails from UA all the time (including a letter from Oscar) and forwards them to me. So I learn about promotions that way. Never asked UA for help but it seems like it would be useless anyway.

Baze May 19, 2016 11:17 pm

I get lots of emails from UA. Advertising, promis, etc. did not get email from Oscar

Chukiechz May 20, 2016 12:06 am

I only get my confirmations, cancellations, "upcoming flight info" and surveys. Never get any mileage plus emails or letters from the boss man.

lhrsfo May 20, 2016 1:10 am

I get confirmations, surveys and MP statements but nothing else, whether from Oscar or anyone else.

texasex95 May 20, 2016 1:33 am

I don't get the e-mails either and have always wondered why. I guess I'll have to continue to wonder why. lol.

#10 May 20, 2016 1:37 am

I received the email from Oscar. Given all that is going on, I did not get it.

JBord May 20, 2016 7:30 am

A couple years ago, I was getting almost nothing. Now its better but inconsistent. I would estimate that I probably get 80-90% of emails that are specific to me (like reservation confirms) and those that go to the general membership. UA had to make some change on their side, because I didn't change anything in the last few years.

I still don't get any promotional emails except for the buy miles and get some bonus miles. :)

Mary2e May 20, 2016 8:09 am

Are you using an AOL address to get the mail? I stopped receiving emails from Hertz last August. I called them and even tried calling AOL (useless) until I finally changed my email address to gmail and they started coming again.

Seems the sender needs to notify AOL of some setting - trying to explain that to Hertz is nearly impossible.

I would change my email address and see if they start up again.

emcampbe May 20, 2016 8:52 am

I get all emails properly for the most part. Except anything from the app. Never get the first confirmation email if booking through the app (but ereceipt sends normal a few minutes later), and every time I request an ereceipt from within the app I get the email sent stuff, but it is never actually sent.

LIH May 20, 2016 9:15 am

I get all of their marketing; didn't get Oscar's letter.