Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Blue Plastic Cups? Smaller? {test show same volume}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Blue Plastic Cups? Smaller? {test show same volume}

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Normally there is a number on the bottom of the cup that relates to the ounce capacity. Perhaps compare the both, sometimes I thought the same on other cups and the smaller looking one actually had more capacity.. Not flying the next 2 weeks so I can't do the same.. Safe Travels
Old May 16, 2016, 8:58 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Baze
Are they really smaller? I am in the UC here at SFO and they have them. They do seem narrower at the top but they seem taller. Without seeing them side by side and doing a volume check it is hard to tell.
That was my take as well, I had them for PDB last Friday for the first time and I couldn't really tell a difference in volume relative to the old ones. Absolutely smaller than DL/AA but that was the case with the old cups as well.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA
In the SFO UC right now and they have both. The blue one is narrower but taller, however they hold the same volume.

I'll post pictures tonight. I poured some water out of a blue cup into a clear one and it came up to the same
distance from the top.

I had both blue and clear onboard during this trip.
Old May 19, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
In the SFO UC right now and they have both. The blue one is narrower but taller, however they hold the same volume.
Part of what I love about our community is that we have entertaining conversations about the most mundane details.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Part of what I love about our community is that we have entertaining conversations about the most mundane details.
To me what is fascinating is how many people don't think those details are mundane at all.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:30 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Great to hear that it's the same volume! I wonder if the blue cups actually cost more or less. I'd prefer the clear cups to see my drink inside!

Last edited by jayzala; May 19, 2016 at 9:38 pm
Old May 20, 2016, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by jayzala
Great to hear that it's the same volume! I wonder if the blue cups actually cost more or less. I'd prefer the clear cups to see my drink inside!
I'd prefer cups that are less likely t tip or be knocked over...
Old May 20, 2016, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
And don't resemble specimen cups.
Old May 20, 2016, 1:39 am

I was going to test them tonight (yes I took them home, don't judge me) but I didn't have time. However glancing back at the photos I took at the club I'm going to have to say the blue one is just slightly smaller. It probably holds ~10mL less than the clears.

I took a picture of the bottom of the clear cup and there is no indication of capacity. The model # for the blue is CC200D while clear is CC100D.

This is with approximately 150mL in both.
Name:  WP_20160519_15_56_49_Pro_zpso0wb6rdq.jpg
Views: 1387
Size:  175.1 KB

Clear model #:
Name:  WP_20160519_15_43_16_Pro_zpswoh9evjd.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  162.9 KB

I will have more data (dimensions, capacities, etc) in a few days.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
At least in ORD, IAH and SFO UA Clubs, the bar has glass PINT-size glasses now...if you ask. Finally respectable size for Diet Coke. Sadly, the self-serve glasses are much smaller.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
CC100D and CC200D are both 9 oz. capacity

According to Import Data, The Wessco International CC100D and CC200D Cup for UAL are 9 oz. capacity..

UAL P N CC100D DESCRIPTION 9OZ DISPOSABLE COCKTAIL BEVERAGE COLD CUPS CASE PACK 1,200EACH( 60 SLVS 20) CASE WEIGHT 6.6KG CASE DIMENSION 46 36 36CM CA

UAL P N CC200D DESCRIPTION 9OZ DISPOSABLE COCKTAIL BEVERAGE COLD CUPS CASE PACK 1, 200EACH( 60 SLVS 20) CASE WEIGHT 6. 7KG CASE DIMENSION 43 35 36CM CASE OF 1295 SUPPLIER WESSCO 40607 40347 PRODUCTION DATE LOT NO MADE IN CH INA \nUAL P N CC200D DESCRIPTION 9OZ DISPOSABLE

Last edited by Flying Machine; May 20, 2016 at 8:08 am
Old May 20, 2016, 9:51 am
Company Representative, United Airlines

Hi all,

We noticed a bit of discussion on this topic and we are confirming that the two variations of plastic cups hold the same amount of liquid. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Thank you,
-UA Insider
Old May 20, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Hooray! I actually like the blue ones (even with the illusion of smaller).
Old May 20, 2016, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Hi all,

We noticed a bit of discussion on this topic and we are confirming that the two variations of plastic cups hold the same amount of liquid. Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Thank you,
-UA Insider
I'm glad we blew this so out of proportion that we got a response from United.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
I'm glad we blew this so out of proportion that we got a response from United.
This has to be one of the funniest things I've seen in awhile. I can hardly stop laughing over this. So hilarious and then to get a response from UA Insider just made it even better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.