Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UC @ DFW is open, between E6 & E7, UA using E4-E9 gates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC

Are the United gates moving to the Terminal E satellite? Just got an email about the Club moving:

The United ClubSM in Dallas (DFW) will be closed for construction beginning May 14, 2016, with a reopening estimated for spring 2017. In the meantime, we invite you to relax in our temporary club space near Gates E22-30 on the Mezzanine level beginning May 15, 2016.
This would make sense as part of the Terminal E refurbishment that has moved from the high gates to the low gates.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Are the United gates moving to the Terminal E satellite? Just got an email about the Club moving:

This would make sense as part of the Terminal E refurbishment that has moved from the high gates to the low gates.
I'd like that. First to get on and off the rental car shuttle that way. Versus the extra 10 minutes to get off the shuttle, and sometimes having the shuttle pass us by (due to being full).
Old Apr 20, 2016, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
This is the last part of the Terminal E modernization, which was carried out in phases. US/NK, then Delta moved to the satellite while their respective gate areas were renovated.

UA will probably occupy the old temporary SkyClub space, photos here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...a-mileage-run/

Last edited by EWR764; Apr 20, 2016 at 1:45 pm Reason: clunky word choice
Old Apr 20, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by EWR764
This is part of the last phase of the Terminal E modernization, which was carried out in phases. US/NK, then Delta moved to the satellite while their respective gate areas were renovated.

UA will probably occupy the old temporary SkyClub space, photos here: http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...a-mileage-run/
This is what the UA agents @ DFW told me last week, that they would be swapping into the current skyclub and moving to the remote terminal when DL's gates are done with refurb.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
No email for me. IIRC the current DL club has no windows which is kind of a bummer. Not that there are any exciting planes at that part of DFW.

The old DL club was rather nice, wonder if they are moving back to it.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Was the E satellite part of the (much bigger) DL operation at DFW in the mid-90s? I overheard some DL FAs referring to it as Gilligan's Island back them.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
Former SkyClub seems likely- Just saw a sign in the DFW UC today announcing a "remodel of the UC." Sign said "temporary relocation of the UC to E23" begins in mid-May.

No details as to if the remodel means it will be moving back to where it currently is (E7) after the temporary move, though.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:14 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by EWR764
This is the last part of the Terminal E modernization, which was carried out in phases. US/NK, then Delta moved to the satellite while their respective gate areas were renovated.

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
[UA will be]moving to the remote terminal when DL's gates are done with refurb.
This is all correct, although I don't remember if US ever used those gates. The new UC will be in approximately the same location, but will be larger.

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Was the E satellite part of the (much bigger) DL operation at DFW in the mid-90s? I overheard some DL FAs referring to it as Gilligan's Island back them.
Yes, the E satellite was built to serve DL's then-growing DFW hub and (fortunately) contained an old Delta Crown Room. The satellite was later mothballed and demolition was discussed. It was reopened for staging gates while the airport embarked on its multi-year renovation of Terminals A, B, C, and E. It has allowed the airport to remarkably take a third of a terminal out of service at a time during renovation and still continue normal operations.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by dayone
This is all correct, although I don't remember if US ever used those gates. The new UC will be in approximately the same location, but will be larger.
Might it have only been NK that went over to the satellite?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
I remember using US in the satellite from ~2012-2014, though I vaguely recall not all flights were there. I'd suspect B6 might also move to the satellite.

One of the huge advantages of flying UA from DFW is the ease of getting in/out of the terminal. The satellite always felt like an extra 5 minute schlep from the entrance/exit. Parking at that end of E is significantly worse than the current end, occasionally even at capacity on the weekends.

At least there will be a Precheck line, though it seemed to be a flawed implementation when they (frequently/always) allow non-Precheck to merge into the same scanner lines.

The photos of the Delta club looks nice, though. Dare I say, nicer than the current United Club. It's hard to tell from the photos - is it roughly the same size ?
Old Apr 20, 2016, 9:53 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by dayone
This is all correct, although I don't remember if US ever used those gates.
US used those gates well after the merger. I was on an oversold UA flight, and almost missed US flight they rebooked me to because I didn't realize you have to walk through a tunnel

Lucky for me I ignored GAs advice and RAN. I was the last one to board, in fact not a soul was in jetway (when have you ever seen that unless you board very first).

Can't recall if my AS flight was from satellite or not, but it was my very first (and almost only) bird with split scimitars ^

UA flight have credited more miles to my AA account than the ones I purchased from AA.com

The photos of the Delta club looks nice, though. Dare I say, nicer than the current United Club. It's hard to tell from the photos - is it roughly the same size ?
Not sure how I did it, but because AS connected to a flight to Canada (YYJ) they let me in the DL club. Yes, even with today's upgrades to UC, still not nearly as good as DL Back when I flew maily CO for work out of IAH I'd always head over to DL and not bother with President's Club
Old Apr 21, 2016, 11:48 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by EmailKid
No email for me. IIRC the current DL club has no windows which is kind of a bummer. Not that there are any exciting planes at that part of DFW.

The old DL club was rather nice, wonder if they are moving back to it.
disagree

if you look at what

atl lhr did with its remodel
and how beloved the clubs in quiet out-stations like dca are

i think dfw will be a gem

glad to see re-investment

but i understand loyal ua customer's pessimism (i only joined mp in 2014)

don't knock it til you try it
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:46 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I remember using US in the satellite from ~2012-2014, though I vaguely recall not all flights were there. I'd suspect B6 might also move to the satellite.
I remember flying US 737 , the final US Airways 737-400 from the E satellite pier. My inbound US PHX-DFW landed there too.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hope they go with higher capacity restrooms than some other recent clubs
Old Apr 21, 2016, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cur
look at what atl lhr did with its remodel
And SEA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.