Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United.com charging elites for E+??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by PBAudit
I do not understand why my Mileage Plus # wasn't on the 4th reservations. The 4 reservations were made consecutively. The United reservation system was able to pick up the mileage plus # on the first 3 reservation, but missed it on the 4th?
UA IT fail, followed by classic "blame the customer" for UA screw-up.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, JB TrueBlue, HH Gld, Marr PLAT, IHG Gold, SPG Plat
Angry United 1K

I am a UA 1K, have been for a few years. I wast just booking a one way from SJO to STL for the same day and UA is charging me for economy plus and premier access boarding. When did this happen? Of course I did not buy ticket, went ahead and booked on AA, less money and all the perks of Exec Plat.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:05 am

Sounds like you weren't logged into your account.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, JB TrueBlue, HH Gld, Marr PLAT, IHG Gold, SPG Plat
That's exactly what I thought, but no, I was. Did it again and it came up just the same.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:08 am

IT shenanigans maybe because those are definitely 1K perks.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by fab221
That's exactly what I thought, but no, I was. Did it again and it came up just the same.
Sounds like you were "half logged in." The Website remembers your name, but you are NOT logged in. Close your browser, and start over, ensuring you enter your password. You're not alone experiencing this -- it happens a lot and talked about here on FT frequently.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:05 pm

I thought so too, so I logged out, and logged back in, not a problem, my account was showing, still trying to charge me for E+ seating and Premier Access......so I bought the tkt on AA. I did call the 1K desk and reported the issue, they said they where going to look into it.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I thought so too, so I logged out, and logged back in, not a problem, my account was showing, still trying to charge me for E+ seating and Premier Access......so I bought the tkt on AA. I did call the 1K desk and reported the issue, they said they where going to look into it.
There was a period about a year ago when this was happening with frequency. Sounds like the bug has not been completely eradicated.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium
does AA have free economy plus?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:08 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bruin1K
does AA have free economy plus?
AA MCE is free for AA Plats (equivalent to UA Gold) and above.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
Happened to me. I wrote to MP and they refunded the E+ charges for myself and Mrs. Mikel51. A bit of a hassle, but not really that big a deal. I didn't notice the charge until after purchasing the ticket, but it never occurred to me that they would refuse to refund the mistaken charge.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by mikel51
Happened to me. I wrote to MP and they refunded the E+ charges for myself and Mrs. Mikel51. A bit of a hassle, but not really that big a deal. I didn't notice the charge until after purchasing the ticket, but it never occurred to me that they would refuse to refund the mistaken charge.
It happened to me before also. I cancelled my ticket immediately. I then purchased a new ticket and purposely did not select a seat. Called UA, CSR selected an E+ seat for me without any issue for free. Pain in the ***, but faster than a refund request.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
I just changed my Friday award itinerary which reroutes me to SFO-SEA (XN fare by UA) and SEA-TPE (Business by BR), when I tried to change better E+ seat from default standard economy seat, United.com requested me to pay $59, I thought it should be free for 1K right?
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by tomwhom
I just changed my Friday award itinerary which reroutes me to SFO-SEA (XN fare by UA) and SEA-TPE (Business by BR), when I tried to change better E+ seat from default standard economy seat, United.com requested me to pay $59, I thought it should be free for 1K right?
Yes, it should be free if the traveler is a 1K. Call if the website does not work.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 3:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tomwhom
Log out, close all browser windows, and see if the problem clears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.