Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: physioprof
Originally Posted by Kmxu
If you want to use the old site, as mentioned upthread, you clear the cache and history on your browser and type in "ual.com". This should work.
As of Oct. 26, 2015 it no longer seems possible to access the old version of the website.

Related thread
Consolidated: Is united.com or parts of it down?

Workaround for Login & "We’re sorry, but united.com was unable to complete your request." Problems:

Close United tab, clear browser cache, and delete all United cookies. Instead of logging back in using the home page yellow tile, click on the "Reservations -> Change or view reservations" link, and then login using the "MileagePlus: Sign in or join" link on the upper right of the page.
Print Wikipost

Functionality issues/questions with "New" (Fall 2015) United.com

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:12 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by redwoman
Originally Posted by Bonehead
I have the classic site up right now...

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/Default.aspx
Well, at 3:52 PM Pacific time (now), clicking on the link you provided takes me to the new site. I had been able to access the legacy site on this PC as of 2 hours ago. I guess it's gone for good now.
Just got the classic. There does seem to be a cookie that once you get the new site, it is sticky -- otherwise it still seems random.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by redwoman
Well, at 3:52 PM Pacific time (now), clicking on the link you provided takes me to the new site. I had been able to access the legacy site on this PC as of 2 hours ago. I guess it's gone for good now.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Just got the classic. There does seem to be a cookie that once you get the new site, it is sticky -- otherwise it still seems random.
Yes, clearing cookies from the browser seems to work.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, Starwood Gold, Plat AE, CO PP MC, Marriott Rewards Plat, Virgin Elevate Gold
Possibly already covered, but here goes...

I am trying to book LAX-JAX. I dont care if the connection is via IAH, ORD, EWR, or whereever.

The system is displaying the cheapest fare as originating from SNA/Orange County. If i uncheck all the check boxes and ONLY LEAVE LAX checked, then search again, its still showing SNA as a potential departure city

UNITED - i ONLY WANT TO LEAVE FROM LAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by caseminole
UNITED - i ONLY WANT TO LEAVE FROM LAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Random dates left from last search gave me ALL LAX departures.

Perhaps like post above yours, clear cookies and try again, perhaps try a different browser or even computer @:-)
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
This... Is... AMAZING

Sorry you all hate it but I am a HUGE FAN OF THIS CHANGE! OMG! YES!

First, I freaking HATED TURBO PROP PLANES. Now I can get rid of them while searching!

Second, I HATED the random roulette of finding out if the plane has WiFi / Power Outlets / Direct TV. It takes SO LONG to figure it out because I used to have to search from multiple places for all the details and load so many pages. UGH.

Finally, I HATED having to guess what the heck the results would be with that ridiculous selection "Morning, Afternoon, Evening" which always gave me random results.

This is FANTASTIC. Very very very happy with the new flight search.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Although I did just get this... LOL. They really have opened up the 737, huh? (This was supposed to be an economy seat selection screen):
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by RdFltErr
Finally, I HATED having to guess what the heck the results would be with that ridiculous selection "Morning, Afternoon, Evening" which always gave me random results.
No, they weren't random, they just ignored request for time (if searching by price, don't know if it was different by something else).

It was sorted by price from top to bottom, and if price were the same, then length of journey (two connection short travel time would be above long single connection).

And if partner airlines were involved, they would show up under a bold line instead of the regular line.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Sites keep switching back and forth for me. Last night I had the new site, with no option to use old site. Today it's back to the old.

IMO there are still too many bugs to be forcing the new site on customers.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:20 pm

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by Kacee
Sites keep switching back and forth for me. Last night I had the new site, with no option to use old site. Today it's back to the old.

IMO there are still too many bugs to be forcing the new site on customers.
Way, way, way too many bugs! It's a total {mess} in my experience with the new site so far.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 31, 2015 at 10:22 pm Reason: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed. http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#offensive
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have not had the misfortune to see what you guys have been seeing, but, crikey, this is basic kiddy stuff that they don't seem to be able to get right. Is it out to tender to the cheapest country this week ?
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hertz Pres, Avis Pres, Marriott Platinum
This originally was a post stating it was hard to find how many miles a flight would be on the new site. Then I realized that it doesn't show the mileage when looking at award tickets. This is annoying as many times I might look at connecting flights to see what has saver availability before looking at pricing
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
slight changes noted today...

First, my future reservations counter is correct again after several weeks of reporting more future trips than I have (as noted by others earlier...and not corrected by deleting past itineraries).

Second, there is now a floating notice on award search pages describing the fact that it now displays economy saver and standard awards in the same column. I'm never searching for economy awards so the change is a wash with me. What I think is a nice idea is the floating notice explaining the change. As they continue to refine the site, explaining consequential changes this way could be useful.

BTW, the ability to save searches on the new site outweighs the shortcomings for me.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by DavidRS4
Then I realized that it doesn't show the mileage when looking at award tickets.
Really??

When I do an award search the number of points required is in the boxes on the right where the fares would be for a revenue ticket.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
When doing a multi-city search, if you go to Edit Search, it loses all the multi-city stuff and makes it a straight RT and you have to start over.

This is such a basic item, it's indicative of how poorly run United Continental IT is. That should have been part of their testing on the Edit Search feature -- change the whole search on an Edit? Ridiculous!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I have not had the misfortune to see what you guys have been seeing, but, crikey, this is basic kiddy stuff that they don't seem to be able to get right. Is it out to tender to the cheapest country this week ?
It's working well for me -- the biggest improvement is the ability to stitch together seamless itineraries including both Y and F cabins. I also enjoy the new, more modern UI.

Sure, it's fun to unleash venom on UA and claim that building a state-of-the-art global ecommerce site is "basic kiddy stuff." But you can rest assured that they have very specific usage and revenue goals for the new site. If they were to start missing them by wide margins, they'd roll back to the old site while they fix things. There's no way a public company is going to let its earnings be materially impacted by a website update.

Based on the fact that more customers are seeing the new UI, not fewer, we can infer that the team is meeting its goals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.