Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2017, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated LHR connection time/logistics

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: Platinum
Anyone use the Fast Track on arriving?
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:49 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by frankmu
Anyone use the Fast Track on arriving?
I did on Friday.

Same express pass that United handed out for Terminal 1 (so you can use the ones that you have squirreled away).

Quick and efficient (but then again, there is only United in T2 at the moment).
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:09 pm

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Does the Heathrow Express stop at T2, or does one exit at T1 and then walk or transfer to T2?
Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:28 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Does the Heathrow Express stop at T2, or does one exit at T1 and then walk or transfer to T2?
No, there is only one stop serving T1,2,3. You don't have to go to T1 but you will have to go via the underground station for T1,2,3.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, JPM Palladium
Just saw that United posted a new video on YouTube.

Star Alliance Flythrough London Heathrow Terminal 2: http://youtu.be/o-6_OU5P_M4
Old Jun 11, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: '19 Global Services, 1.9m+ lifetime CO miles
Traveled into and out of T2 at LHR this past weekend - first few days of operation. Walking and transit time to/from gate was as long as any other airport i've ever been to. Also the transit to/from Heathrow Express was equally as long - about 20 minutes. could not try shops in T2 as almost missed flight on the way out. The new lounge was great tho, although again could only stay a few minutes due to the long time to get to gates.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:29 pm

I went through T2 earlier this week, outbound flying on UA in C. My observations:

1. Beautiful facility in every regard, and set-up to handle a large amount of traffic. Since UA is the only airlines there at present, you have the place to yourself, though it is fully staffed.

2. Tales of long walks of 20, 30 minutes or more seem a tad overdone. We weren't moving very fast but walking time from check-in to lounge was about 15 minutes, plus security time. Security was empty and like another poster upthread, one of my carry-ons that never sets off the alarm did so here.

4. Tough call when you get to the circle of retail shops-buy food here or go to lounge. We bet on the lounge and it turned out to be a good call.

5. Arrived at lounge around 10 am and buffet offered full English breakfast-scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, the whole works. Coffee machine made individual servings from fresh grounds. At 11 am, they put out lunch, which included good curry chicken and rice.

Of concern is that the lounge was pinched for seats at the peak of our visit around 11 am. Not as much a game of musical chairs as Red Carpet Clubs as others like Dulles, but I wondered what this would be like in a year or two when ops hit cruise levels. How tough is it to measure needs at this point?

I would rate this lounge in the same league as BA lounges at LHR. Fewer offerings on items like soup and dessert, but more upscale and quieter. Wifi really flies.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:57 am

T2B to T1 walkway

I will be arriving T2B (UA) in a couple weeks, transferring to T1 (LH). Will the link/walkway between T2B and T1 still be open then, or has it already closed?
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: UA3MMbis 1K, AA3½MMbis Plat, AF1MMbis, BonvoyLTT
Originally Posted by fmliu
I will be arriving T2B (UA) in a couple weeks, transferring to T1 (LH). Will the link/walkway between T2B and T1 still be open then, or has it already closed?
The link will be open. Other *A airlines move from T1 to T2 throughout the year. Just follow signs for Flight Connection and T1.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
Just want to add a few more data points here.

The walk from the tube station to T2 is fairly short. It took me 5 minutes to go from the tube station to inside the terminal. (I am a fairly speedy walker).

We did browse the shops for a little bit. After we are done with that, it took us 12 minutes to walk from T2 to the UC in T2B.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors Gold
Any experience with the Arrivals Lounge? Bueller? Bueller??
Old Jun 19, 2014, 10:06 am

I agree that the walk from HEX to Terminal 2 is longer than to the other terminals but it is manageable as long as you aren't late in the first place. A suggestion is to take the elevator up to Departures level as the escalators are slow.

As for the location of the United Club lounge, it is convenient to the gates but you will not want to return to the main terminal once you go there. All the moving walkways go out to the gates/lounge so the walk back to the main terminal would be a very long trek.

The lounge is certainly better than the ones in the US, which aren't difficult to beat. I am glad the other carriers will have their own lounges as I am looking forward to trying the other Star Alliance Gold lounges when they open. Lufthansa's will be located in the main terminal.

On arrival, the baggage claim system holds bags until there is room on the belt. Given the unfortunate fact that bags tagged "Priority" are frequently not the first out of the system, this can result in the Priority bags not being able to reach the belt until the economy bags are removed. The options are to wait for the economy passengers to show up or start removing their bags from the belt to expedite delivery. Hard to believe they had years to think up this system. Would be better if the Priority bags where actually given priority handling but my experience has been about 50/50.

Last edited by canred; Jun 19, 2014 at 10:12 am
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott-Gold
Landed at T2 last week from SFO. Had a long day of IRROPS (as usual) and was really looking forward to a shower at arrivals lounge. Only to discover the Lounge closes at 2pm!!!!! My flight arrived at 2pm!! I was really pissed off....
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Of concern is that the lounge was pinched for seats at the peak of our visit around 11 am. Not as much a game of musical chairs as Red Carpet Clubs as others like Dulles, but I wondered what this would be like in a year or two when ops hit cruise levels. How tough is it to measure needs at this point?
That does not bode well for the LHR UC... we'll have to see how the other *A lounges turn out.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
T2 Baggage System Broken

Arrived into EWR on 941 this evening and only about 20 bags came out. Agent standing near belt was handing out Delayed Baggage Report forms. Called number on form and agent I spoke with said that they were receiving many calls, not sure how long this has been going on for. So if you are planning to to possibly check a bag, you may want to reconsider....

UA Club was, as others have posted, simply amazing.

Adam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.