Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Any Mileage Plus Members made to the Star Alliance Top 1000 Group?

Any Mileage Plus Members made to the Star Alliance Top 1000 Group?

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 23, 18, 4:00 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sannmann
Wiki Link
Based on the invitation letter received and also posters who have shared so far:
  1. Need to fly a minimum of 6 *A carriers to qualify
  2. Some posters have flown the 6 *A carriers but without invite. This may indicate certain flight activities threshold needs to be met.
  3. Some posters have flown a high number of flight activities on United and also meet the 6 *A carriers requirement, but still have not received an invitation. This may indicate a certain split of flight activities between the primary *A carriers and other *A carriers need to be met.
  4. It is unclear if class of service or revenue (to *A) impact the selection.
  5. It is unclear how *A keeps track of all the flight activities if one credits flights into multiple (or single) FFPs.
  6. It is unclear whether award tickets are included in the airline count.

Those who have made to the list, please share your flying pattern in this thread so we can update as needed.
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 2, 17, 6:45 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, IHG Plat , BA Gold, TK Gold
Originally Posted by unitedhandcuffs View Post
Piotrzdebik, congrats. May I ask if you are gold status in at least two *A Airlines?
I'm gold with TK, O6 and CM, but I credit everything to TK.
Old Mar 2, 17, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Originally Posted by piotrzdebik View Post
I'm gold with TK, O6 and CM, but I credit everything to TK.
I am interest to learn how you are able to achieve gold status on O6 and CM when you credit all the activities to TK.
Old Mar 2, 17, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG; Marriott Plat Premier; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
I am interest to learn how you are able to achieve gold status on O6 and CM when you credit all the activities to TK.
CM and 06 were renowned for overly generous status matches.
Old Mar 3, 17, 9:36 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix
Programs: UA LT GS/4.6MM, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire Elite, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Does anyone know if you have to both have and use the respective FF account numbers on each of the 6 (or more) *A carriers to qualify. I use my UA FF# on all my *A flights so I'm not sure how they track who has flown on what carriers.
Old Mar 4, 17, 2:24 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat., UA 1K; Marriott Gold; Hilton Gold.
Originally Posted by John Aldeborgh View Post
Does anyone know if you have to both have and use the respective FF account numbers on each of the 6 (or more) *A carriers to qualify. I use my UA FF# on all my *A flights so I'm not sure how they track who has flown on what carriers.
I can't believe they track people across different FF programmes, so I would be pretty sure membership is based on miles and #carriers credited to any *one* FF programme. But I wouldn't get too hung up about membership ;-). Apart from the mini leather wallet and that feeling of superiority ;-) there are no tangible benefits so far, just us providing free market info to *A.

Last edited by Leedsflyer; Mar 4, 17 at 2:25 am Reason: typo corrected.
Old Mar 27, 17, 4:17 am

Programs: OneW(Gold) Virgin(Gold) StarA(Hons) Hilton(Diam) ICG(Plat) Marriott(Gold) Amex Cent
Forgot to mention: members are not rolled over, you have to requalify each year. I received a letter some time ago saying something along the lines that "you have made the Top1000 again".
Not sure what the achievement or congratulations are worth, as there is absolutely no benefit or status from this, we receive no insight as to what the results are from this initiative, and so on. Really a waste of time for the "lucky" qualifiers...
Old Apr 9, 17, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I just arrived home after been away from US for two weeks and received the following:

It is a passport holder, and the front pocket is perfect for my APAC Travel card and Global Entry Card.

The letter, signed by Oscar and CEO *A, confirms the annual re-qualification

My package was mailed from Mileage Plus Chicago office.

For the record, I credit all *A flying into my M+ account. I credit all SQ $ spending to Krisflyer to qualify for PPS each year, but all SQ flown miles are credited to M+.

2016 *A activities:
UA 421.450
SQ 56,739
LH 24,412
OS 22,906
NH 17,392
CA 16,273
Other *A 4,949

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Apr 9, 17 at 6:02 am
Old Apr 9, 17, 7:25 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; DL Plat; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Marriott Plat; Global Entry
I got my qualification in the mail today, as well. I credited 127,000 PQMs with MileagePlus last year. Flew at least nine *A carriers: UA, LH, LX, OS, OU, ET, SA, TK, and SK. Qualification came with a leather passport holder embossed with the Star Alliance logo. The back of the passport holder commemorates the twentieth anniversary of the alliance.
Old Jun 8, 17, 10:44 am

Not sure if people are still curious. Saw this thread so I signed up to contribute. I was invited and I agree there should be greater recognition for those involved.

Here is my flight pattern to give you guys an idea of what got me invited.

https://my.flightradar24.com/Sadokist
Old Apr 9, 18, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; DL Plat; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Marriott Plat; Global Entry
Any one know if there’s another Star Alliance Top 1000 this year? Had gotten my qualification gift at this time last year. I flew more in 2017 than I had in 2016, so if the qualification criteria were the same, I should have qualified.
Old Apr 9, 18, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sannmann View Post
Any one know if there’s another Star Alliance Top 1000 this year? Had gotten my qualification gift at this time last year. I flew more in 2017 than I had in 2016, so if the qualification criteria were the same, I should have qualified.
I have not received any notification yet. It appears the survey questions have stopped coming to my inbox in the past a few months. Not sure if it is still continuing.

For the record, I have flown over 100K BIS on 9 non-UA *A airlines in 2017. Mostly in J and SQ is my most flown airlines other than UA.
Old Apr 10, 18, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Avis First; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sannmann View Post
Just got mine in the mail today along with a leather key ring!

Old Apr 15, 18, 4:54 am

Programs: ExecutiveClub GGL/CCR MileagePlus 1K FLyingBlue GOld
I got mine today, The thing is that I don't fly that much in Business , I fly mostly in Economy bu I do fly a lot.
Old Apr 15, 18, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always fly more than 6 in a year, but credit them to two different programs, so probably never six in one program, hence I do not get 1000, because they are not getting infor from all programs.
Old Apr 18, 18, 6:27 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
Just came back from a trip and found this in the post. Haven't heard about this before and, searching for info, came across this thread. Not sure if there is any new info on how these top 1000 (if they are really 1000...) are identified but for reference i've had about 150K BIS, 80 segments, 12 *A carriers in 2017.

Search this Thread