Wiki Posts
Search

1K skipped for CPU

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

1K skipped for CPU

Sent to 1K voice:

I flew UA1948 today IAH-PHX. I was #2 on the upgrade list with 7 seats open in First according to the United App just before boarding. When the gate agent processed the upgrade list, upgrading 7 people to First, they skipped over my name on the upgrade list including the gentleman who was #1, a 1K on a Y fare, who was livid.

One of the gentleman who was upgraded told me he was Silver. I asked the lead gate agent [name redacted] and he stated the fact I didn't get upgraded was due to an IT glitch but he was apologetic about it and said there was nothing he could do.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UA1948 is currently enroute and the status page indicates 9 people were upgraded.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
UA1948 is currently enroute and the status page indicates 9 people were upgraded.
Correct, I'm on the flight now. 2 were upgraded in advance, 7 at the gate.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by maxt775
I asked the lead gate agent [name redacted] and he stated the fact I didn't get upgraded was due to an IT glitch but he was apologetic about it and said there was nothing he could do.
That does not sound correct. Perhaps fastair can comment, but I believe they can process manually at the gate.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Kacee
That does not sound correct. Perhaps fastair can comment, but I believe they can process manually at the gate.
+1 - sounds like a lazy / embarrassed / clueless agent...
Old Mar 25, 2016, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
They absolutely *can* correct this. They downgrade the last two who incorrectly got upgraded and they fix the situation.

Now whether the two who got downgraded are due downgrade compensation is a separate issue. But you were due the upgrade and you should have some miles thrown your way for your troubles.

Sorry you didn't get the upgrade.

-RM
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
They absolutely *can* correct this. They downgrade the last two who incorrectly got upgraded and they fix the situation.

Now whether the two who got downgraded are due downgrade compensation is a separate issue. But you were due the upgrade and you should have some miles thrown your way for your troubles.

Sorry you didn't get the upgrade.

-RM
Sounds like the agent was knew and/or was limited to the AERO interface. If the GA was restricted from SHARES (seems like more and more agents are being restricted from it), then it is possible that the agent couldn't do anything.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Heard from someone about 1Ks being skipped for CPU at the gate today.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edcho
Sounds like the agent was knew and/or was limited to the AERO interface. If the GA was restricted from SHARES (seems like more and more agents are being restricted from it), then it is possible that the agent couldn't do anything.
I took a look at the GA's screen and they were using a GUI, not the regular SHARES, which I assume is AERO.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by maxt775
I took a look at the GA's screen and they were using a GUI
Wonder how many even know what that means these days ...

Graphical User Interface from back in the DOS days .....

Hm, hope that helps, though not so sure
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by edcho
Technology is NOT an excuse, sorry. The agent has manual ways to correct this if they are handicapped by the technology the pathetic IT department at United has given them. Namely:

1. Call up the last two upgrades and apologize and tell them what happened;
2. Write on the BPs of the two downgrades their new seat assignments. Surely the computer could at least tell the agent what seats were available in E+ or E-.
3. Call up the two 1Ks who got skipped over and manually write on their BP what the new seat assignment up front is for each of them. Or, at a bare minimum, tell them two seats are open up front and to grab one of the two remaining seats.

-RM
Old Mar 25, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I hope the OP will be calling this one into 1KVoice asap with all pertinent details including the un-redacted agent's name.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Did the agent say "there was nothing he could do?" The OP should reply with "where is flyer friendly?"
I doubt that 1KVoice will care much about the complaint about the missed upgrade. OP should complain about the professionalism of the agent, instead.
Good luck.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:55 am

I say we start a class action lawsuit for a published benefit and not receiving it
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
OP's post began with the heading "sent to 1K voice"

They may give some compensation. I got miles when I complained about GAs not processing upgrades from J to F at ORD (I died at #1 on the waitlist).

Originally Posted by mduell
Heard from someone about 1Ks being skipped for CPU at the gate today.
system wide?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.