Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Will UA let you use an empty seat for a lap child?

Will UA let you use an empty seat for a lap child?

Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Any thoughts on cancelling the request for the bassinet?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Sorry to keep asking but the flight is a week away. Think I should just cancel the bassinet seat request considering my baby probably wont fit in it (she is 9 months old, ~28 in and ~20lbs) and my seat configuration with my family gives us a decent chance at getting an empty seat? Or just try and get the bassinet anyway? Looks like we are on a 777-200.

As a reminder, we set our seats up like the below in hopes we get an empty seat between one of us and can bring the car seat on. If we move to bassinet seats we might not have that option. Would you rather have a bassinet or a car seat in a dedicated seat?

Right now the seats are occupied but there are 48 unassigned E+ seats, 14 Biz and 2 F. Showing this now too: F2 FN2 A2 ON0 O0 J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 P9 PN5 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H9 HN9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 G0 N0 XN9 X9

000-X0X-000
000-X0X-000
000-X0X-000

Any and all opinions welcome! Thanks.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by drdavidge
Sorry to keep asking but the flight is a week away. Think I should just cancel the bassinet seat request considering my baby probably wont fit in it (she is 9 months old, ~28 in and ~20lbs) and my seat configuration with my family gives us a decent chance at getting an empty seat? Or just try and get the bassinet anyway? Looks like we are on a 777-200.

As a reminder, we set our seats up like the below in hopes we get an empty seat between one of us and can bring the car seat on. If we move to bassinet seats we might not have that option. Would you rather have a bassinet or a car seat in a dedicated seat?

Right now the seats are occupied but there are 48 unassigned E+ seats, 14 Biz and 2 F. Showing this now too: F2 FN2 A2 ON0 O0 J9 JN9 C9 D9 Z9 ZN9 P9 PN5 R0 RN0 IN0 I0 Y9 YN9 B9 M9 E9 U9 H9 HN9 Q9 V9 W9 S9 T9 L9 K9 G0 N0 XN9 X9

000-X0X-000
000-X0X-000
000-X0X-000

Any and all opinions welcome! Thanks.
What did you end up doing, and how did it go?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:59 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by dkfawme
What did you end up doing, and how did it go?
good luck getting an answer - OP flew 1 yr 7 mths ago!
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

I'm here! I kept that configuration, talked to gate agent pre-boarding. They said no problem to bring the car seat since the flight wasn't full, went to move the person in between us, but then did one even better moved us up to E+ and let us bring the car seat on for the middle seat. Got lucky with a partially empty plane and had a nice gate agent. I also was nice and didn't act entitled, and let her know that it was totally fine if they couldn't do anything to help and we were happy to hold our daughter and gate check the seat.

Last edited by drdavidge; Jan 7, 2018 at 4:07 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by drdavidge
I'm here! I kept that configuration, talked to gate agent pre-boarding. They said no problem to bring the car seat since the flight wasn't full, went to move the person in between us, but then did one even better moved us up to E+ and let us bring the car seat on for the middle seat. Got lucky with a partially empty plane and had a nice gate agent. I also was nice and didn't act entitled, and let her know that it was totally fine if they couldn't do anything to help and we were happy to hold our daughter and gate check the seat.
Awesome, thanks! I think we may try something like this ourselves.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.