Pillow Stealing in Business Class

Old Feb 14, 16, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K,HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Pillow Stealing in Business Class

I am was not sure that this required a new thread, but I could not figure out where to share it.

I flew CDG-ORD on UA. I was seated in 7A. I was lightly napping and was woken up by a tug on my hair as my pillow was being stolen. Apparently the guy in 8A, lost his pillow and just reached back and stole mine.

I was sort of sleepy, so I thought maybe I was dreaming, but my seatmate looked around to see if he could find it, and nope, it was with 8A. Maybe he not familiar with the eating habits of the UA seats.

I figured fellow FT's might find this amusing. I am still laughing.
Old Feb 14, 16, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Wait, he stole it while you were using it? SMH.
Old Feb 14, 16, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I've had my own, personal, pillow stolen out of my seat while I went to the toilet on a United flight. This was in F. Never did find the culprit, either.
Old Feb 14, 16, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Coskigirl View Post
Wait, he stole it while you were using it? SMH.
LOL...This brings it an all new level! It's one thing to steal it, but to do so while the person is using it!
Old Feb 14, 16, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
When he wakes up or you're waiting to deplane be sure to talk about your horrible rashes and skin problems.
Old Feb 14, 16, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by windycityf View Post
I am was not sure that this required a new thread, but I could not figure out where to share it.

I flew CDG-ORD on UA. I was seated in 7A. I was lightly napping and was woken up by a tug on my hair as my pillow was being stolen. Apparently the guy in 8A, lost his pillow and just reached back and stole mine.

I was sort of sleepy, so I thought maybe I was dreaming, but my seatmate looked around to see if he could find it, and nope, it was with 8A. Maybe he not familiar with the eating habits of the UA seats.

I figured fellow FT's might find this amusing. I am still laughing.
Bolding added -- if he was in 8A and you are in 7A, wouldn't he be reaching forward, not back?
Old Feb 14, 16, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
When he wakes up or you're waiting to deplane be sure to talk about your horrible rashes and skin problems.

Funny that I saw 2 instances of "returning the pillow" on my flight - one to a late boarding passenger and one to a blocked pilot seat when the pilot showed up. I thought were were talking about that. This is just too much
Old Feb 14, 16, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
I hope you didn't just accept it and move on - did you take it back or confront the idiot? While under the bridge now as an issue, if he continued to be obnoxious or refused to return the pillow, I would have consider his grabbing of the pillow from under my head a physical assault and had him met at the gate to teach him a lesson.

Some people are just too over-the-top and really need a smack-down.
Old Feb 14, 16, 5:49 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold, CM Presidential / *A Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson View Post
Bolding added -- if he was in 8A and you are in 7A, wouldn't he be reaching forward, not back?
Correct, he would not. Presumably it's the 763 with back to back business
Old Feb 14, 16, 5:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K&1.88MM, MR lifetime Gold, HZ PC,
I've seen pax boldly steal pillows while boarding, and I once found my pillow gone after a walk around the cabin, but this takes the cake.

If I try to be really generous, I can concoct a scenario in which 8A lost his pillow, assumed that OP was the culprit, and decided to take it back. Unfortunately, it's hard to keep a straight face while putting that together.

OP - glad you chose to laugh at it. Ridiculous, but life is too short to stress over these things. That said, I also hope you were able to procure (legitimately) another pillow.
Old Feb 14, 16, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by JVPhoto View Post
Nice! Head lice would be a good symptom too.
Old Feb 14, 16, 8:19 pm

I know this is different, but I was on a UA Flight seated in the first row of EconPlus (an a319), and the cheap blankets were pre-distributed (which is un-usual for UA). I actually like it better compared to walking around with blankets. Anyway, as my seat mate was walking in, he took the blanket from 2B, and used it for his perusal.

The man in 2B requested a new one I think, as there were two blankets in 2 A/B when I exited, but still....
Old Feb 14, 16, 10:21 pm

Pillow fight!!!

Should this be classified as stealing or robbing? Talking about unfriendly skies
Old Feb 14, 16, 11:25 pm

Programs: Northwest WorldPerks, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by NikoGoutakolis View Post
Anyway, as my seat mate was walking in, he took the blanket from 2B, and used it for his perusal.
He thought a blanket was reading material?
Old Feb 14, 16, 11:49 pm

OP, did you happen to ask the FA for a replacement?

Search this Thread