Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA882 - 13.Feb.2016 - Empty C Class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2016, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
UA882 - 13.Feb.2016 - Empty C Class

UA has to be losing money on UA882 today (Feb 13th).

F had only 2 seats booked before filling-up with non-revs
C left with more than ½ the seats empty.
E+ had tons and tons of empty seats

Enjoying Upper Deck that is ½ full. Nice and quiet with window AND direct aisle access. ^
Attached Images  
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:02 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route. Still, it doesn't look good. Too bad there is no metric for "Why book UA in a premium class when there are better alternatives?"
Old Feb 13, 2016, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route.
Route: NRT -> ORD
Old Feb 13, 2016, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
And three weeks ago every UA flight US-Asia was packed 100% full. This is just a very slow weekend for travel.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Valentine's Day must not involve travel to romantic getaways like Chicago from Japan?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
On the 12th, the day before your flight, 835 ORD-PVG was packed. Business had no empty seats and I could no see an empty one in Y+ either. But Monday of this week TPE-SFO had empty seats in business and I was told only one GS. January and February are usually light for business travel and holidays also dramatically change the pattern.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: UA Platinum
It was the Lunar New Year during the week as well, which likely strongly contributes to lower international travel ex-Asia as well.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uanj
On the 12th, the day before your flight, 835 ORD-PVG was packed. Business had no empty seats and I could no see an empty one in Y+ either. But Monday of this week TPE-SFO had empty seats in business and I was told only one GS. January and February are usually light for business travel and holidays also dramatically change the pattern.
China has been on a week long holiday which ends the 14th. Makes perfect sense that the ORD-PVG flight is packed.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Quote:

Originally Posted by uanj

China has been on a week long holiday which ends the 14th. Makes perfect sense that the ORD-PVG flight is packed. Monday would have been a holiday for lunar new year in Taiwan as well, not much business travel it's like flying on Christmas.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route.
I'm going to echo this with a shout out - I wish people would always provide the route in addition to the flight number!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.