FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA882 - 13.Feb.2016 - Empty C Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1746063-ua882-13-feb-2016-empty-c-class.html)

Live4Upgrade Feb 13, 2016 2:52 am

UA882 - 13.Feb.2016 - Empty C Class

1 Attachment(s)
UA has to be losing money on UA882 today (Feb 13th).

F had only 2 seats booked before filling-up with non-revs
C left with more than ½ the seats empty.
E+ had tons and tons of empty seats

Enjoying Upper Deck that is ½ full. Nice and quiet with window AND direct aisle access. ^

Bowgie Feb 13, 2016 3:02 am

I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route. Still, it doesn't look good. Too bad there is no metric for "Why book UA in a premium class when there are better alternatives?"

Live4Upgrade Feb 13, 2016 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 26177582)
I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route.

Route: NRT -> ORD

Kacee Feb 13, 2016 9:53 am

And three weeks ago every UA flight US-Asia was packed 100% full. This is just a very slow weekend for travel.

transportprof Feb 13, 2016 10:03 am

Valentine's Day must not involve travel to romantic getaways like Chicago from Japan?

uanj Feb 13, 2016 10:14 am

On the 12th, the day before your flight, 835 ORD-PVG was packed. Business had no empty seats and I could no see an empty one in Y+ either. But Monday of this week TPE-SFO had empty seats in business and I was told only one GS. January and February are usually light for business travel and holidays also dramatically change the pattern.

sardonic Feb 13, 2016 10:20 am

It was the Lunar New Year during the week as well, which likely strongly contributes to lower international travel ex-Asia as well.

travelinmanS Feb 13, 2016 10:44 am

Originally Posted by uanj (Post 26178937)
On the 12th, the day before your flight, 835 ORD-PVG was packed. Business had no empty seats and I could no see an empty one in Y+ either. But Monday of this week TPE-SFO had empty seats in business and I was told only one GS. January and February are usually light for business travel and holidays also dramatically change the pattern.

China has been on a week long holiday which ends the 14th. Makes perfect sense that the ORD-PVG flight is packed.

travelinmanS Feb 13, 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 26179093)
Quote:

Originally Posted by uanj

China has been on a week long holiday which ends the 14th. Makes perfect sense that the ORD-PVG flight is packed. Monday would have been a holiday for lunar new year in Taiwan as well, not much business travel it's like flying on Christmas.

zrs70 Feb 13, 2016 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie (Post 26177582)
I guess I'm too lazy to look up UA 882's route.

I'm going to echo this with a shout out - I wish people would always provide the route in addition to the flight number!