Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Starting nonstop flight SFO-SIN - June 2016

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BThumme
Yikes, I guess with that asking price, 30k and 600 isn't THAT bad.
Between the date of purchase and the date of departure, United.com normally shows you a buy-up price based upon the lowest available business class fare. At T-24, if there are still seats available, UA will frequently show a lower price. I haven't seen one on this route, but I'd be surprised if it were under $900, and $1600 wouldn't shock me -- especially if the cabin is nearly full.

That price can change multiple times between check in and departure.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:30 pm

Just for my own education.

Will the buy-up price be shown even somebody is waitlisted for a miles + copay upgrade?

Originally Posted by jsloan
Between the date of purchase and the date of departure, United.com normally shows you a buy-up price based upon the lowest available business class fare. At T-24, if there are still seats available, UA will frequently show a lower price. I haven't seen one on this route, but I'd be surprised if it were under $900, and $1600 wouldn't shock me -- especially if the cabin is nearly full.

That price can change multiple times between check in and departure.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by malgudi
Just for my own education.

Will the buy-up price be shown even somebody is waitlisted for a miles + copay upgrade?
I'm not speaking from personal experience, but I've seen several reports on the board that say it may be displayed.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 4:21 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
two questions:

1) arriving off ua1 next week. got meetings near changi. does the flight kick one out towards the transit/post-security area or does it send you straight to immigration with no chance of re-entrance? looking to use the transit hotel to gym+pool+eat.

2) when do the ua checkin desks open on a monday? looking to do a sdc (i find airport agents way more helpful but there are some helpful premier desk agents too) but first leg is on nh. on another token, does nh upgrade star golds to their premium economy? i know they do that for their elites and i don't remember if i heard whether or not they do it for star golds if space available.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cur
two questions:

1) arriving off ua1 next week. got meetings near changi. does the flight kick one out towards the transit/post-security area or does it send you straight to immigration with no chance of re-entrance? looking to use the transit hotel to gym+pool+eat.

2) when do the ua checkin desks open on a monday? looking to do a sdc (i find airport agents way more helpful but there are some helpful premier desk agents too) but first leg is on nh. on another token, does nh upgrade star golds to their premium economy? i know they do that for their elites and i don't remember if i heard whether or not they do it for star golds if space available.
UA1 arrives in the low E gates of Terminal 2 at Changi and is a 5-10 min walk to the central terminal and immigration area. All flights arriving at SIN deplane directly into the terminal so you are free to stay airside for as long as you desire. However, once you go thru immigration, you will need a same-day, departure boarding pass for re-entry. This requires you to go to the check-in desks which are only open at certain times throughout the day. Security is performed at each gate just prior to departure. Baggage claim is past immigration.

UA agents in SIN are all contract so your experience may vary (though they are generally very good). Check in desks open 2 1/2 hours prior to first departure so that's usually around 3:30am for the 6am HKG flight (which will be discontinued after Oct 28). SFO leaves at 8:45am and LAX will be leaving later around 11am. They are not manned all day - only a couple hours before departing flight times. You say your first leg is on NH (assume you are connecting in NRT). NH only has 2 daily SIN-NRT flights - 6am and 12:35am so I expect their desk will only be open around these times as well.

NH does not offer complimentary upgrade for *Golds.

Last edited by mrswirl; Sep 27, 2017 at 6:05 pm
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by cur
on another token, does nh upgrade star golds to their premium economy? i know they do that for their elites and i don't remember if i heard whether or not they do it for star golds if space available.
I'm batting around 75% asking super politely at the gate as a *G. I usually offer to pay for the buy-up to PE, and I usually have success getting it comped. Generally the more full the flight is, the better your odds.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by mrswirl
You say your first leg is on NH (assume you are connecting in NRT). NH only has 2 daily SIN-NRT flights - 6am and 12:35am so I expect their desk will only be open around these times as well.
Don't forget NH also has 2x SIN-HND departures (1100 and 2200).

Originally Posted by mrswirl
NH does not offer complimentary upgrade for *Golds.
Eh not really... I'm 100% for op-ups on NH TPACs (all booked on 016 stock FWIW) as a non-NH *G (in fact the only op-ups I've missed are NRT-SIN).

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
I'm batting around 75% asking super politely at the gate as a *G. I usually offer to pay for the buy-up to PE, and I usually have success getting it comped. Generally the more full the flight is, the better your odds.
Sometimes you don't even have to ask — I've been offered op-ups to PY at the check-in counter at JFK and NRT (one time on a UA K fare even).
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
Nice I'm going to try that out of NRT next month (last month in full Y out of SIN the lead agent sent me to row 34 ) I was super nice too.. Thanks for the tip
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
DIcusion of SIN-SFO flights has moved to UA Ending LAX-SIN, going 2x daily SFO-SIN, 27 OCT 2018, will close this thread and let the discussion continue in the newer thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.