Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

coach one flight and connecting in first next flight, check in?

coach one flight and connecting in first next flight, check in?

Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Post coach one flight and connecting in first next flight, check in?

I have question if your flight is coach one flight and then on the connceting flight is first class. Can use still have access to premier acceess if the first flight is in coach and then connceting is first class
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:30 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
I believe you would, yes.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:38 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
If the IT stuff works out correctly (and that's a big IF for UA), both BPs should reflect the premier access status granted by the F segment, IIRC.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Even check extra bags for free,,,feeder flights do not always have FC,
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:11 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
You will have Premier Access for check-in and security line, along with F baggage allowance. Not so sure about Premier Access for the boarding group on the coach flight. Had a similar situation as Premier Gold, and I was boarding in Group 2 for the coach flight, and Group 1 for the F flight.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
IME, the system used to apply the Group 1 boarding to all flights, even those not in F. However, I beleive it has since changed, and boarding group is based on the class of service for each flight. Not sure which was correct.

All other F benefits (bag allowance, premier access, etc.) should apply for the whole trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.