Two payment methods

Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1k
Two payment methods

Hi,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this, but I searched and didn't find anything. Does anyone know if there is a way to pay for a reservation using two payment methods (i.e. splitting it on two credit cards)? I don't see a way on the website but was wondering if a) I missed it or b) you can call and do it. TIA!
Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:00 pm

Programs: United 1K
When a company pays for my ticket, and I spend extra on my own dime: I go into My Account - Manage Gift Registry - Send Gift Registry Announcements Send e-mails to family and friends to let them know about your gift registry. I then enter my email address. When I get the email, I gift myself however much I want. It can take several hours or even a day(?) for the funds to be available in your travel bank.

This way you can use money from your travel bank and from a credit card. Just note that you cannot do this and also pay using paypal.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've never tried the gift registry/travelbank route, but I do use the gift certificate route on occasion to pay with two credit cards:

https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/pro...tificates.aspx

IME the gift certificate shows up in the recipient's email (or your email if you are "gifting" yourself) within a few minutes.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
i'm planning a bachelor party now, and travelbank has been awesome for collecting money. i've gotten everything instantly.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA (Plt)
I've purchased a gift certificate using one credit card, applied that gift certificate as the first method of payment, then paid the balance with the second credit card.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1k
Thanks for the ideas everyone! Very helpful!
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:54 pm
tyc

Programs: UA GS MM
I have tried this couple of years ago. They would take 2 credit cards towards the same ticket as long as the credit cards have the same billing address.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.