Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Old Aug 14, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link
Seamless travel, defined. Depart effortlessly. Arrive stylishly.

United Signature ServiceSM, provided by Global Airport Concierge, offers you an elevated level of assistance during your time at the airport. This option is currently available for United customers traveling to, from or through Amsterdam, Chicago O'Hare, Frankfurt, Houston, London Heathrow, Los Angeles, Munich, New York/Newark, Paris Charles de Gaulle or San Francisco.

A United Signature Service concierge will be there to help throughout your time at the airport. Your concierge will monitor your flight, guide you to or from your gate, assist with check-in and arrange any travel changes or airport accommodations that you might need. If you want to relax before your flight, you will have access to one of our United ClubSM locations. We can also arrange for special services such as language assistance, if requested in advance.

Our concierges manage all of your travel details at the airport, so you can focus on enjoying your trip.
More info

VIP Meet & Assist

Departure service

Your United Signature Service concierge will:
  • Meet you curbside or at a designated point of arrival
  • Monitor your flight
  • Assist with priority check-in
  • Expedite security screening through the Premier Access® lane (where available).
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled
  • Provide language assistance (if requested at the time of booking)
Connection service
  • Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist with terminal transfers
  • Arrange United Club access (United Club access is not available outside of USA)
  • Guide you to your departure gate
  • Coordinate special requests
  • Help you rebook or reschedule travel if your flight is delayed or canceled

Arrival service

• Monitor your flight
  • Meet you at the jet bridge (or at another designated point)
  • Assist you with baggage claim
  • Coordinate with prearranged transportation (optional)
  • Guide you to your preferred mode of transportation

related: Private Suite @ LAX for UA
    Print Wikipost

Introducing United Exclusive Assistance "United Signature Service" [Q&A-Experiences]

Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
    Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
    The last time she flew here she had an irrational fear her gate would change and she'd be left behind. Neither my spouse nor myself could get down to her hometown to fly up with her, so we did what we could, and we were lucky: all went well. But this service might have proven a cost-effective method of eliminating that risk and stress entirely.
    Just used a similar service for my mother. Flying through her connecting city in the middle east for the first time en route to India. 90 minute connection. She was nervous about getting confused or lost in the airport and finding the lounge or missing her connection. Was well worth it to have her met at the gate, walked to a lounge, settled in, registered for a shower room, picked up in the lounge, walked to gate and even onto the plane to her seat.

Would she have made it alone? Almost certainly yes, but it was worth the money to have her travel be stress free and zero risk. (Especially if she had missed the connection, the person would then have made sure she got to the right place to get rebooked etc.) I'll do it for her again in a heartbeat. If nothing else she (and I) was stress free and she felt super special.

But, I'll do almost anything to avoid valet parking charges while others pay them without thinking. :-) Everyone values different things and in different amounts.
    RandomBaritone likes this.
    Old Aug 15, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, spg, World of Hyatt
    I get correspondence from United on a regular basis regarding this - I agree that it'd be nice to have for the United Club access alone.
    Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:24 pm

United Signature Services? - - - a la carte GS benefits for a fee?

Got an email today regarding my short trip to Seattle in a few weeks... Sounds like an a la carte service for meet and greet... Check in and connection assistance.. Club access and priority check in and security... Guess there's really no need to maintain status these days..

http://united.globalairportconcierge.com/index.php/services

Last edited by SFnFlaGuy; Oct 17, 2017 at 3:49 pm Reason: Title change
    Old Oct 17, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
    Originally Posted by SFnFlaGuy
    Got an email today regarding my short trip to Seattle in a few weeks... Sounds like an a la carte service for meet and greet... Check in and connection assistance.. Club access and priority check in and security... Guess there's really no need to maintain status these days..

http://united.globalairportconcierge...x.php/services
    Seems like they are selling a mix of one day access to GS benefits, clubs and some ground services . Within a radius of certain airports these benefits are free (come with the ticket) on EK, Virgin Atlantic, and others traveling in J
    Without filling in the application not sure of the cost I would think it would increase the lower the ticket class
    Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
    Anyone use UA Signature Service?

Wondering if anyone actually uses this? Isn't most of the services available to Global Services already?

Curious what were the circumstances that you felt you needed this and where it added value to your trip?

United - Home
    Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
    I'd say this is mostly for those who aren't as well versed in the airport lifestyle as GS members are (and probably most premier members).

My parents, for one, would be ideal candidates for this. While they navigate airports ok right now, I can see a time where this kind of service could provide me a piece of mind when they travel. I've already tried to make myself available whenever they're flying to walk them through check-in, security, to the club/gate, ensure they get on the flight, as well as be 'inside the same airport as them' in case of IRROPs so that I can speak 'airline lingo' to the agent.

If I can't be there, it would provide immense piece of mind to book a service to ensure someone else is.
    Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:53 am

I can imagine this being extremely helpful if you have never (or rarely) flown before and don't speak English, for example.
    Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:35 pm

I have had a family member and a friend use it and both enjoyed it. It's especially helpful if you have a young child or older person in the group (or anyone else who needs a little more attention. It's not cheap but if you have the money and someone who can benefit from the service, it's worth it.
    Old Jan 10, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
    My wife used it at EWR when she was flying solo with my newborn from TLV. It was very helpful getting help through customs, help with all the equipment, etc...she thought it was well worth the $$. The direct transfer to the car too was great. Made a hard situation a little more tolerable.
    Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Club, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz President, Avis President
    Also used for wife

Originally Posted by schley
    Wondering if anyone actually uses this? Isn't most of the services available to Global Services already?

Curious what were the circumstances that you felt you needed this and where it added value to your trip?

United - Home
    I have also used this for my wife. EWR or any airport where there is a terminal change is one case I have booked it. To be honest, I have trouble finding where the bus is to terminal A and I’m sure more then one person has gotten off at the wrong terminal. Also, wife doesn’t have United Club since spouses are now full $500 so Club access is an added bonus. Never used it for myself or if we are traveling together.
    Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by joelliot

I have also used this for my wife. EWR or any airport where there is a terminal change is one case I have booked it. To be honest, I have trouble finding where the bus is to terminal A and I’m sure more then one person has gotten off at the wrong terminal. Also, wife doesn’t have United Club since spouses are now full $500 so Club access is an added bonus. Never used it for myself or if we are traveling together.
    How does the security benefit work at EWR? Do they just guide you to the premier access or precheck lane...in which case not a benefit or do they do like GS and walk you to the front?
    Old Mar 5, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, HH-Gold, MR - Gold, HY-Explorist
    I just got an email today advertising this service. Out of curiousity, has anyone ever taken the helicopter transfer from Manhattan? What would the cost of something like that be? Considering how long it takes it to get over to EWR at the end of the day, I could see that being tempting for the right price.
    Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
    Originally Posted by asquare
    I just got an email today advertising this service. Out of curiousity, has anyone ever taken the helicopter transfer from Manhattan? What would the cost of something like that be? Considering how long it takes it to get over to EWR at the end of the day, I could see that being tempting for the right price.
    get the blade app you can see prices right there. Depending on your flight time and a demand from other passengers it can be priced just right sometimes!
    Old Mar 6, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
    I just got the solicitation from United. Mentions the helicopter option.
    Anyone know the price?
    I used a similar service regularly about 30 years ago ... was very cool.
    I see Blade does scheduled flights for $195 and up ... and charter for $695+
    New York Helicopter seems significantly higher.
    Gotham Air seems out of business.
    Old Mar 13, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
    Does Signature Service check you in through the GS area? Or the Premier Access (1K, Polaris, Plat, Gold, Silver) area? I ask because AA Five Star has Flagship First Check-In (where available). It would definitely be an added perk if UA does it through the GS area.
    silverforumsurf likes this.

Last edited by crfgon; Mar 13, 2018 at 1:54 am Reason: Wanted to add more context.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.