Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...y-benefit.aspx

One way that we're enhancing the inflight experience for our most frequent flyers is by offering MileagePlus members with Premier® 1K® status free alcoholic beverages and snacks in United Economy®. If you’re a member with Premier 1K status, you'll receive one free alcoholic beverage and one free Choice Menu food item when traveling in United Economy on any United- or United Express®-operated flight system-wide, subject to availability on your flight.
Before ordering, make sure your flight attendant knows that you’re a member with Premier 1K status, and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, available in the United app, or your Premier membership card or boarding pass.

Please note that customers can request any alcoholic beverage except half-bottles of premium wines (375 mL)

All Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Complimentary items are offered only to GS/1K members, regardless of other passengers who may share the same PNR.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2022, 11:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
I can’t find the BOB food menu online - anyone have a link? I only see the snacks/box page
Old May 9, 2022, 11:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I can’t find the BOB food menu online - anyone have a link? I only see the snacks/box page
https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng/bistro.html
Old May 9, 2022, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
I didn’t see it either. See if you can pull up the Hemispheres menu for this month. Will look in morning if you can’t find it.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
1k food options?

I remember reading this somewhere - and sorry if it has already been discussed - but I cant find it
1k members in ECON can get 1 drink and 1 snack box (I just posted about how I am getting tired of those) - but didnt someone mention that there are free food options, as a 1K perk, other than the snack boxes?

I think I recall getting other stuff off the menu - but it seams those are only on the longer flights?

-m

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 11, 2022 at 9:57 am Reason: moved to existing thread
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: UA Plat
Per United's website, "all Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included."

From the Choice Menu, flights scheduled over 1500 miles have the larger items you might be thinking of. So yes, anything off the menu is free.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by mfirst
I remember reading this somewhere - and sorry if it has already been discussed - but I cant find it
1k members in ECON can get 1 drink and 1 snack box (I just posted about how I am getting tired of those) - but didnt someone mention that there are free food options, as a 1K perk, other than the snack boxes?

I think I recall getting other stuff off the menu - but it seams those are only on the longer flights?

-m
Only on longer flights, there are hot food.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
No one is forcing you to choose a box. There are other options. Either way, it's free and more than others in the back get so it's hard to complain too much
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by mfirst

-m
You can choose anything off the cart that's available for sale including the cheesburger or hot sandwich, cheese tray, etc.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 7:38 pm

Programs: United 1K 2.7 MM
Pre pay for 1K?

Finally they are getting to pre-purchase food and drink for Hawaiian flights. I don't see how a 1K passenger is able to select options without paying by credit card?
Does one have to be logged in as 1K to get the fees waived?
I can't imagine the hassle of getting refunds...
Thanx
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mmack
Finally they are getting to pre-purchase food and drink for Hawaiian flights. I don't see how a 1K passenger is able to select options without paying by credit card?
Thanx
I had an ORD-DFW leg a couple weeks ago where it did the whole pre-order thing and notice the same thing -- I didn't want to see what would happen if I continued so I just abandoned ship (and as it turns out my PP-supported upgrade cleared after I boarded so I got to enjoy an amazingly terrible allegedly chicken flavored something in F instead

The way back my upgrade cleared weeks in advance so I was excited to try the pre-ordering dinner option only to find out it was the same abysmal options from the flight down and, not wanting to suffer through that gruel a 2nd time no way to pre-order a snackbox ("I'll eat dinner in the UC first" is an option but "Give me the recline/takeoff/tapas box" isn't? but I'll stop ranting
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Thanx
There is no charge to 1Ks doing a pre-order.

If you don't want to pre-order and are paranoid about UA charging you, don't order.

David
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
There is no charge to 1Ks doing a pre-order.

If you don't want to pre-order and are paranoid about UA charging you, don't order.

David
I went through the motions of pre ordering up to providing my CC number...I didn't see any way to indicate that I was 1K
and able to get a complimentary drink and food item
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I went through the motions of pre ordering up to providing my CC number...I didn't see any way to indicate that I was 1K
Were you logged in as a 1K? Just order - you shouldn't be charged, even if you give them your CC. UA just can't get it's IT Uafood together.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Congrats. UA and the FAs don't formally charge the registered credit card until the item(s) are delivered on the plane. And, since you're a 1K, they won't/shouldn't charge you for your complimentary food and beverage items.

David
IAH-OIL-TRASH and drewguy like this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Congrats. UA and the FAs don't formally charge the registered credit card until the item(s) are delivered on the plane. And, since you're a 1K, they won't/shouldn't charge you for your complimentary food and beverage items.

David
Thanks for the clarification!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.