FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1740529-complimentary-food-beverage-global-services-1k-members-when-seated-economy.html)

uastarflyer May 9, 2022 11:02 pm

I can’t find the BOB food menu online - anyone have a link? I only see the snacks/box page

WineCountryUA May 9, 2022 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 34236594)
I can’t find the BOB food menu online - anyone have a link? I only see the snacks/box page

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly...ng/bistro.html

MatthewLAX May 9, 2022 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer (Post 34236594)

I didn’t see it either. See if you can pull up the Hemispheres menu for this month. Will look in morning if you can’t find it.

mfirst Aug 11, 2022 9:33 am

1k food options?

I remember reading this somewhere - and sorry if it has already been discussed - but I cant find it
1k members in ECON can get 1 drink and 1 snack box (I just posted about how I am getting tired of those) - but didnt someone mention that there are free food options, as a 1K perk, other than the snack boxes?

I think I recall getting other stuff off the menu - but it seams those are only on the longer flights?

-m

spamboymeister Aug 11, 2022 9:37 am

Per United's website, "all Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included."

From the Choice Menu, flights scheduled over 1500 miles have the larger items you might be thinking of. So yes, anything off the menu is free.

Repooc17 Aug 11, 2022 9:38 am

Originally Posted by mfirst (Post 34506192)
I remember reading this somewhere - and sorry if it has already been discussed - but I cant find it
1k members in ECON can get 1 drink and 1 snack box (I just posted about how I am getting tired of those) - but didnt someone mention that there are free food options, as a 1K perk, other than the snack boxes?

I think I recall getting other stuff off the menu - but it seams those are only on the longer flights?

-m

Only on longer flights, there are hot food.

eng3 Aug 11, 2022 9:41 am

No one is forcing you to choose a box. There are other options. Either way, it's free and more than others in the back get so it's hard to complain too much

bocastephen Aug 11, 2022 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by mfirst (Post 34506192)

-m

You can choose anything off the cart that's available for sale including the cheesburger or hot sandwich, cheese tray, etc.

mmack Aug 13, 2022 7:38 pm

Pre pay for 1K?

Finally they are getting to pre-purchase food and drink for Hawaiian flights. I don't see how a 1K passenger is able to select options without paying by credit card?
Does one have to be logged in as 1K to get the fees waived?
I can't imagine the hassle of getting refunds...
Thanx

lincolnjkc Aug 13, 2022 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by mmack (Post 34512878)
Finally they are getting to pre-purchase food and drink for Hawaiian flights. I don't see how a 1K passenger is able to select options without paying by credit card?
Thanx

I had an ORD-DFW leg a couple weeks ago where it did the whole pre-order thing and notice the same thing -- I didn't want to see what would happen if I continued so I just abandoned ship (and as it turns out my PP-supported upgrade cleared after I boarded so I got to enjoy an amazingly terrible allegedly chicken flavored something in F instead

The way back my upgrade cleared weeks in advance so I was excited to try the pre-ordering dinner option only to find out it was the same abysmal options from the flight down and, not wanting to suffer through that gruel a 2nd time no way to pre-order a snackbox ("I'll eat dinner in the UC first" is an option but "Give me the recline/takeoff/tapas box" isn't? but I'll stop ranting :)

DELee Aug 13, 2022 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by mmack (Post 34512878)
Thanx

There is no charge to 1Ks doing a pre-order.

If you don't want to pre-order and are paranoid about UA charging you, don't order.

David

mmack Aug 13, 2022 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34512965)
There is no charge to 1Ks doing a pre-order.

If you don't want to pre-order and are paranoid about UA charging you, don't order.

David

I went through the motions of pre ordering up to providing my CC number...I didn't see any way to indicate that I was 1K
and able to get a complimentary drink and food item

IAH-OIL-TRASH Aug 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by mmack (Post 34512990)
I went through the motions of pre ordering up to providing my CC number...I didn't see any way to indicate that I was 1K

Were you logged in as a 1K? Just order - you shouldn't be charged, even if you give them your CC. UA just can't get it's IT Uafood together.

DELee Aug 13, 2022 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by mmack (Post 34512990)

Congrats. UA and the FAs don't formally charge the registered credit card until the item(s) are delivered on the plane. And, since you're a 1K, they won't/shouldn't charge you for your complimentary food and beverage items.

David

mmack Aug 15, 2022 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by DELee (Post 34513010)
Congrats. UA and the FAs don't formally charge the registered credit card until the item(s) are delivered on the plane. And, since you're a 1K, they won't/shouldn't charge you for your complimentary food and beverage items.

David

Thanks for the clarification!