Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary Food & Beverage for GS & 1K Members when Seated in Economy (Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
As others said, just order the items (1xfood, 1xdrink) and if you're asked to pay, just politely mention that you're 1K. They *should* be able to see it on their device, but if not they *may* ask to see your BP or card (only happened to me 1 or 2 times).
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just ask for what you want - either a hot sandwich or snack box, and your drink - it will be given to you and the FA should not be asking you for payment and should just move on to the next customer. If they do, just say "I am 1K" and that should be enough. Don't be bothered by or pay attention to other customers, what you are getting for free is none of their concern.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Does anyone know if UA offers complimentary snacks or alcoholic beverages for *G members (like AA do for oneworld Emerald) on domestic flights?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by headingwest
Does anyone know if UA offers complimentary snacks or alcoholic beverages for *G members (like AA do for oneworld Emerald) on domestic flights?
No, they do not. Only UA 1K/GS get this benefit.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by findark
No, they do not. Only UA 1K/GS get this benefit.
Thanks for the quick reply. ^
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
UVF-EWR last week; 5 hour flight. E+.

No food available as 1K. Reason? No food loaded at ORD from whence the plane came.

At least they came through cabin with a second handout of a small pretzel packet.
Pure gluttony!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:51 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by narvik

No food available as 1K. Reason? No food loaded at ORD from whence the plane came.

At least they came through cabin with a second handout of a small pretzel packet.
Pure gluttony!
Are you planning to write in about this service failure? If so, please post the results in the compensation thread.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
Are you planning to write in about this service failure? If so, please post the results in the compensation thread.
Aye. FA said to do so too, and was confident some "compensation" would be given.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Change of policy?

My 1K wife was in Y on an international flight last week and was told that she had to pay for her drinks (she consumed 2 total) on international flights. Now, it has been a long time since she has been in Y internationally, but I believe that this is incorrect, unless there has been a change of policy?
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by zombietooth
My 1K wife was in Y on an international flight last week and was told that she had to pay for her drinks (she consumed 2 total) on international flights. Now, it has been a long time since she has been in Y internationally, but I believe that this is incorrect, unless there has been a change of policy?
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...y-benefit.aspx

One way that we're enhancing the inflight experience for our most frequent flyers is by offering MileagePlus members with Premier® 1K® status free alcoholic beverages and snacks in United Economy®. If you’re a member with Premier 1K status, you'll receive one free alcoholic beverage and one free Choice Menu food item when traveling in United Economy on any United- or United Express®-operated flight system-wide, subject to availability on your flight.

[...] Before ordering, make sure your flight attendant knows that you’re a member with Premier 1K status, and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, available in the United app, or your Premier membership card or boarding pass.

If you've received a beverage voucher from United, you can use it on an additional beverage after your first free drink
(All emphasis mine) I thought when the benefit originally rolled out it was limited to domestic Y but either I was mistaken or the benefit has changed -- and the website is clear about it. First drink should have been free, 2nd drink requires payment or a chit... so if she was charged for both that's no bueno but if she was charged for the 2nd one that's a FA following policy [I don't typically drink alcohol on board but most frequently I see FAs comping multiple drinks to my fellow 1K in Y--but that's generosity, not policy]
Old Mar 31, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Wits end over lack of follow through on catering

Originally Posted by narvik

Pure gluttony!
NUMEROUS TIMES: BOB policy shows flights over 3 hours catered with Hot food and NOTHING BUT SNACK BOXES!
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Wow wow wow I was scolded for asking for a snack box today. The flight attendant was apparently not in good mood and went out her way to be hostile. I stayed hungry for the flight as a result. <Rant over>
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bdw1120
Wow wow wow I was scolded for asking for a snack box today. The flight attendant was apparently not in good mood and went out her way to be hostile. I stayed hungry for the flight as a result. <Rant over>
I guess you were sitting in First Class and did not like the choices. If you were in Economy, you should complain to United.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I guess you were sitting in First Class and did not like the choices. If you were in Economy, you should complain to United.
Nope, was in coach.

Well I was kind of fed up by her eye rolls and yells.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bdw1120
Nope, was in coach.

Well I was kind of fed up by her eye rolls and yells.
Then really you should write an official complaint to United. It takes minimal work for a FA to give a snack box and it does not come out of their salary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.