Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy

Old Jan 22, 2016, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...y-benefit.aspx

One way that we're enhancing the inflight experience for our most frequent flyers is by offering MileagePlus members with Premier® 1K® status free alcoholic beverages and snacks in United Economy®. If you’re a member with Premier 1K status, you'll receive one free alcoholic beverage and one free Choice Menu food item when traveling in United Economy on any United- or United Express®-operated flight system-wide, subject to availability on your flight.
Before ordering, make sure your flight attendant knows that you’re a member with Premier 1K status, and show your digital MileagePlus membership card, available in the United app, or your Premier membership card or boarding pass.

Please note that customers can request any alcoholic beverage except half-bottles of premium wines (375 mL)

All Choice Menu options, both Snack Shop and Bistro on Board items, are included

Originally Posted by UA Insider
Complimentary items are offered only to GS/1K members, regardless of other passengers who may share the same PNR.

-UA Insider
Print Wikipost

Complimentary Food & Beverage for Global Services & 1K Members when Seated in Economy

Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
That sounds like a (security) concern to me. FA app not updating?
Definitely crossed my mind during my exchange with the FA. I asked him to refresh his app, and of course showed him my BP in the app

He said his app is updated. He informed me at the end this happens from time to time, but not exactly in a reassuring manner.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 5:29 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Switched seats (in the app) around 2-3 hours prior to departure. On board, asked for food. FA asked for my name and his app showed a different pax at the seat. A lot of back and forth, for about 5 mins.

I finally told him I was 1K...really didn't want to pull that card, he took my word without checking...
Had a similar experience yesterday. But mine was apparently due to clearing the upgrade after boarding--the FA showed my seat as empty. She greeted my wife (on a separate res) and thanked her for being a 1K, as did the next FA... I got, "I don't have you on this flight. There's no one sitting here according to what I see. What's your name again?" Lots of back and forth, like you saw.

Even once resolved, not a single, "Thank you for being a 1K." It was very off-putting overall.
SPN Lifer, Repooc17 and leftysauce like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by st530
Anyone seen this? I assume just a glitch and that I’ll still be able to get a drink on board.

I just got this Non-alcoholic drink option for a trip later this week, when I got alcohol options on the outbound leg last week????
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:40 am

Had a flight last week (ATL-DEN) where I was charged for both my drink and snack box. Sat in the bulkhead, FA forgot about my snack box order and moved on before giving it to me but did give me the drink. Finished drink, hit the head and asked for the snack box again while I was back there.....never acknowledged 1K so maybe I need to clarify from now on (hate pulling the status card, I just want my measly benefits). Got an email after I got home with my "receipts" that was completely blank, just had the subject of the flight but no other details. Now those charges are posted to the CC and I've reached out to customer care. This January has been a cluster.... of disappointment with United with all my other changes, cancelations etc. (some related to Max 9, others not) which just hasn't been the case for me the last couple years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.