Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:22 pm

Programs: HiltonHonors, IHG Hotels, DL Skymiles
Originally Posted by findark
Almost everyone on the plane is a non-rev and so is listed for both J and F upgrades. The J only upgrades are probably actual revenue Premier pax in Y.
-------
..and they all got on - still a fair amount of empty seats left.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Almost everyone on the plane is a non-rev and so is listed for both J and F upgrades. The J only upgrades are probably actual revenue Premier pax in Y.
Of the 374 total possible passengers, there appeared to be a bit less then 80 seats unassigned. And 133 cleared economy (at the gate). As First and Business were sold out, that would suggest about 160+ paying customers.

Originally Posted by FlyingNone
-------
..and they all got on - still a fair amount of empty seats left.
Yes, but appears a few bailed when they realize they were going to only get economy. My guess the NRSA list was in the mid -140's

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jul 28, 2017 at 8:53 pm Reason: NRSA guess
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Of the 374 total possible passengers, there appeared to be a bit less then 80 seats unassigned. And 133 cleared economy (at the gate). As First and Business were sold out, that would suggest about 160+ paying customers.

Yes, but appears a few bailed when they realize they were going to only get economy. My guess the NRSA list was in the mid -140's

The list made for some interesting reading because I saw lots of families (I presume) with three members, then a few with four and even one with five - which I think is great because those kids got to travel on the most significant aeroplane of twentieth century.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by schley
Can someone please explain why some in 1st and some just biz? Is this based on 1k's going from Y to F on domestic three class planes or?
Because NRSA have the choice to list for whatever cabin they'd like. They can list for F, list for C, or list for just Y. Prices vary according to what type of pass travel it is.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 8:34 am
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
OK, I have a dark horse contender for "most surprisingly long upgrade list".

Thursday 7/27/17: BWI-IAH on an A319. 49 people on the upgrade list, zero cleared, and I was #14 as a 1K (granted, on a T fare).

Now, this isn't impressive by ORD-SFO 777 standards...

...but this is an A319, so 49/120 in economy were on the upgrade list. And, unlike most of the flights mentioned in this thread, this isn't a hub-hub route. BWI isn't even a particularly high-revenue destination (although I assume this flight had a lot of Beltway Bandits types on it).
Old Jul 29, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by QBK

Thursday 7/27/17: BWI-IAH on an A319. 49 people on the upgrade list, zero cleared, and I was #14 as a 1K (granted, on a T fare).

...but this is an A319, so 49/120 in economy were on the upgrade list. And, unlike most of the flights mentioned in this thread, this isn't a hub-hub route. BWI isn't even a particularly high-revenue destination (although I assume this flight had a lot of Beltway Bandits types on it).
This is nothing, I regularly see A319s on SJC-DEN with 75+ on the upgrade list.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:48 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by N104UA
Okay, I stand corrected! That's brutal...
Old Jul 31, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by QBK

Well, I'm impressed.
Old Aug 24, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
102 stuck on the list for Y-J on today's ORD-EWR hop on sUA 772. 21 cleared into J. I'm in F...not the worst use for an RPU
Old Aug 25, 2017, 11:24 pm

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by N104UA
I was on a regional jet flight from SFO to Sun Valley last winter and 62 people were on the upgrade list. I think there were only 64 or so Y seats on the plane, so close to 100%

That's the worst percentage I've every seen.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by bpratt
I was on a regional jet flight from SFO to Sun Valley last winter and 62 people were on the upgrade list. I think there were only 64 or so Y seats on the plane, so close to 100%

That's the worst percentage I've every seen.
How many of them were non-revs though? Non-revs should not count in the percentage unless they have already cleared into a coach seat.

-RM
Old Aug 26, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: United Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
How many of them were non-revs though? Non-revs should not count in the percentage unless they have already cleared into a coach seat.

-RM
i don't know, but I doubt it was very many, I don't recall the Y standby list having anyone to speak of on it, and I've never felt like the ski season nonstop to Sun Valley from SFO is very popular with non-revs.

Bob
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:18 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The 7:30 AM 737-900 flying ORD-SFO today had 86 on the upgrade list.

My A-319 to RDU at the gate next door had a pathetic 33 by comparison.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:36 pm

Leaving CES LAS-EWR
100+ people on upgrade list
Pretty sure it was a 737-9
147 Y/Y+ Seats
20 F seats

I was # 96 (as a plat at the time) and there were many after me.

Also the Group 1 line was insane. Pretty sure the entire plane was in Group 1.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titan., Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres
Just saw an SFO-HKG flight with 30+ on the upgrade list that did not clear and only two names appearing on both standby and upgrade. Are 30 ppl really using some combination of GPUs and MPUs and not clearing? Is something else going on?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.