Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
SFO->IAD 777 domestic config, right after oracle open world
upgrade list was >200 people, IIRC 1 person got an upgrade
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
there is an 'F standby list' if you are confirmed in coach on a premium ticket, but no seat in F was available at purchase or during irops. Also known as PR1 list. This list is supposed to clear before any upgrades clear. Now, that doesn't always work and getting on this list is not exactly easy (based on my own experience).
It's the same list. PR-1 is just a priority code for those who are on the (single) gate standby list.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Wow! UA1742 ORD-SFO now up to 146 people on upgrade list!!! Being an SFO based flier, I have personally been #31 on the list as a 1K. That was my record. Typically I am #10 or so and never clear when I am not flying my much loved P fares.

http://imgur.com/a/TZ3SJ
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
This past Tuesday the list had 105 on it for ORD-LAS (CES week)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS, 1MM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
JPMorgan Healthcare Conference and assc smaller biopharma meeting.

Huge meeting of health CEOs, CFOs, bankers and etc.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:24 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K-MM + UC, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by blueman2
Wow! UA1742 ORD-SFO now up to 146 people on upgrade list!!! Being an SFO based flier, I have personally been #31 on the list as a 1K. That was my record. Typically I am #10 or so and never clear when I am not flying my much loved P fares.

Down to 145 now. I guess somebody couldn't take the heat!

And, to make it even better, all three flights to SFO this evening are delayed until ~9pm. So far. 1742 just got pushed back another 50 minutes. AND the C16 club next door is closed. I'm over at B6 popping popcorn (metaphorically) and refreshing the app in case they move it up again (sheeyahh, right...).
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cfischer
there is an 'F standby list' if you are confirmed in coach on a premium ticket, but no seat in F was available at purchase or during irops. Also known as PR1 list. This list is supposed to clear before any upgrades clear. Now, that doesn't always work and getting on this list is not exactly easy (based on my own experience).
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's the same list. PR-1 is just a priority code for those who are on the (single) gate standby list.
Right, and more importantly it is impossible to standby for F in the sense of "F is full, and I would like to clear onto this flight if and only if I can get an F seat. Otherwise I would like to fly as booked." The only way I know to do that is going to the gate and getting the GA to take care of you manually.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
First time (I think) I'm on a flight with 100+ on the upgrade standby list, today's 624 from SFO to ORD on a newly re-configured / high density / pack them in 777. With an SWU on a V fare, I'm well down on the list with all F seats filled.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
Originally Posted by FlytheTail
First time (I think) I'm on a flight with 100+ on the upgrade standby list, today's 624 from SFO to ORD on a newly re-configured / high density / pack them in 777. With an SWU on a V fare, I'm well down on the list with all F seats filled.
I, too, flew the 777 config ORD-SFO two weeks ago and had +/- 120 on the list.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: United 1K, Expedia Rewards Gold, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Gold Status, Presidential Plus
ORD-LAX last Wednesday 120 ppl, I was #14 as a platinum using an RPU.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: was UA 1K now Gold, cuz UA 1.3 MM; HA,DL,AS (no status in these), Marriott Gold
Approx 30 on F upgrade list for an A319 SFO-SEA. SFO-SEA to/from are almost/always a tough upgrade 'cuz most upgrades on that route seem to be part of a domestic/international connection.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Originally Posted by blueman2

I am so surprised -- and proud -- that I was the one upgrade! No idea why or how, but I am indeed DEA,T. Yes I'm GS and used a RPU, but seriously! JPM conf to SFO is always a tough one!

Bought a lottery ticket upon arrival, but to no avail.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A few years before the merger I was on a A320 IAD-SFO. There were so many people with status on the flight that we boarded by rows, not status.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:55 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Some of these numbers are INSANE!!! I'm feeling pretty lucky to be based out of YEG/YYC(95%+ success rate)
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:12 pm

777 Monday 8:00 AM DEN - SFO (277) is always up there...

104 as of now.

Boarding takes forever for this short, business timed, flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.