Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Old Oct 27, 16, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by bmoy210 View Post
A320, SFO-ORD... boarded by rows because 120 people on board were elites.

For reference, the plane has 150 seats.

Barratt
I flew EWR-FRA a few weeks ago, BG 3 was the smallest of the boarding groups. Group 2 was the biggest, followed by 1, followed by 3.
Old Oct 27, 16, 11:18 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JBord View Post
The most I've ever been aware of was around 15...solely based on the number I've seen board when GS was called. ....
GS are not called, they are Annunciated. I believe I have found an illustration of the very first GS boarding here:

You can see all the lesser orders of elites on the upgrade list at the bottom of this image.
Old Oct 27, 16, 11:52 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cargojon View Post
I flew EWR-FRA a few weeks ago, BG 3 was the smallest of the boarding groups. Group 2 was the biggest, followed by 1, followed by 3.
Just my personal observation, but Group 2 is usually the longest, and flying out of ORD, the order you've noted looks pretty typical to me.
Old Oct 27, 16, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by JBord View Post
Just my personal observation, but Group 2 is usually the longest, and flying out of ORD, the order you've noted looks pretty typical to me.
Very very common.

But the Group 1 line for NRT-SFO on the 744 is insane . . . typically well over 100 pax.
Old Oct 27, 16, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum
DEN-SAN 10/24 - 58 on the list; two cleared at the gate; I was mid-teens the whole time
Old Oct 27, 16, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Mileage Plus Silver Elite, United Club, HyattGold, Enterprise Silver
Boarding group 2 has turned into a joke. Seems like 90% of the plane is group 2.
Old Oct 27, 16, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
BOS not a hub, but might as well be in terms of elite traffic.
This. Can see crazy BG 1+2 lines
Old Oct 27, 16, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1P (1k ain't what it used to be)
I was 74th as a 1k on a Thursday afternoon, LGA-DEN once.... Longest G1 line I've ever seen.
Old Jan 8, 17, 3:10 pm
QBK

Programs: UA 1K + UC + 0.97MM, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Having found this thread, I gotta resurrect it. O​​RD-SFO this evening currently has 133 on the list. Not quite a record on this thread, but there's still a few hours until check in closes.

More impressively, I'm #23. As a 1K on an E fare with an RPU applied. So everybody ahead of me is GS or Y/B/M. Apparently there's a pharma conference in SF...
Old Jan 8, 17, 3:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by QBK View Post
Having found this thread, I gotta resurrect it. O​​RD-SFO this evening currently has 133 on the list. Not quite a record on this thread, but there's still a few hours until check in closes.

More impressively, I'm #23. As a 1K on an E fare with an RPU applied. So everybody ahead of me is GS or Y/B/M. Apparently there's a pharma conference in SF...
You also have IRROPS at SFO today so likely some displaced pax on that list.
Old Jan 8, 17, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And January is the most elite heavy month of the year. With late qualifiers and those that did not re-qualify haven't dropped off yet.
Old Jan 8, 17, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC S100K, Accor Gold, Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by QBK View Post

Or paid F in IRROPS. When IRROPS are in play, don't assume everyone on the list is trying to get an "upgrade". It's quite possible they're just trying to get what they paid for.
Old Jan 8, 17, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Or paid F in IRROPS. When IRROPS are in play, don't assume everyone on the list is trying to get an "upgrade". It's quite possible they're just trying to get what they paid for.
But would those people be on the upgrade list or on the F standby list?
Old Jan 8, 17, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Baze View Post
But would those people be on the upgrade list or on the F standby list?
There is no "F standby list" and you cannot standby for F. You can only standby for a seat on the flight, as well as standing by for the "upgrade".

Tonight's UA1742 is now up to 27 paid, 1 lucky soul cleared, and 143 on the list.
Old Jan 8, 17, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark View Post
There is no "F standby list" and you cannot standby for F. You can only standby for a seat on the flight, as well as standing by for the "upgrade".

Tonight's UA1742 is now up to 27 paid, 1 lucky soul cleared, and 143 on the list.
there is an 'F standby list' if you are confirmed in coach on a premium ticket, but no seat in F was available at purchase or during irops. Also known as PR1 list. This list is supposed to clear before any upgrades clear. Now, that doesn't always work and getting on this list is not exactly easy (based on my own experience).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: