Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

What's the longest first class upgrade standby list / waitlist that you've ever seen?

Old Nov 19, 2018, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
My recent SFO-ORD had 76 people on the upgrade list with F booked Full. I was #25 as 1K on a Q fare. Nobody cleared.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by expressboy
My recent SFO-ORD had 76 people on the upgrade list with F booked Full. I was #25 as 1K on a Q fare. Nobody cleared.
thats not really true. Ive been cleared on an upgrade on several flights amd my name doesnt show up. It seems like only day of travel upgrades show these days. But yes SFO-ORD is over 100 sometimes. 76 is a good day.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:07 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LASUA1K

thats not really true. Ive been cleared on an upgrade on several flights amd my name doesnt show up. It seems like only day of travel upgrades show these days. But yes SFO-ORD is over 100 sometimes. 76 is a good day.
+1. I have burned 8 RPUs supporting my Mom on this route ORD <> SFO on her way to and from Hawaii this year. She has actually cleared that leg 5/8 with the RPU -- always before the 24 hour window, never after that window.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
Originally Posted by LASUA1K

Interesting. I thought for CPU eligible flights the upgrades show even if cleared before T-24.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by expressboy
Interesting. I thought for CPU eligible flights the upgrades show even if cleared before T-24.
That was removed within the past few months. More recently, nothing is showing, at least not with any consistency. UA broke the functionality when they changed the upgrade fare class from R to PZ.
expressboy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee
That was removed within the past few months. More recently, nothing is showing, at least not with any consistency. UA broke the functionality when they changed the upgrade fare class from R to PZ.
Huh. I showed with a checkmark when clearing at the gate yesterday.. didn't know that some checked-in upgrades weren't.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Huh. I showed with a checkmark when clearing at the gate yesterday.. didn't know that some checked-in upgrades weren't.
yes, if you clear after you check-in then you show as cleared with a checkmark. In any other case ... you don't. Same as it used to be for non-CPU flights for quite some time.
expressboy likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
yes, if you clear after you check-in then you show as cleared with a checkmark. In any other case ... you don't. Same as it used to be for non-CPU flights for quite some time.
There are quite a few reports of elites clearing after checking in, but not showing on the list.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Kacee
There are quite a few reports of elites clearing after checking in, but not showing on the list.
Especially for intl flights
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Monday 6 AM ORD-RDU E70 had 30 on the list this week. That means nearly half of Y was an elite on the list and if you count F over half the plane. As a Platinum on a Q Fare I was #8 .
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jimmc66
I was on the early morning ORD/SFO flight this past Monday. First Class was occupied by almost all Google employees at what is rumored to be "discounted" F-fares.

As a 1K I was 35th on the list of 102 names placed on the "upgrade queue".

Hub-to-hub I would expect a higher level of F-qualified upgraders. I've never seen a list quite this long however.

Makes me feel REALLY special. . . .

That beat my recent Monday ORD-SFO which only had 91 people on the upgrade list. I was #18 as a 1K using an RPU. At least 25 people boarded when GS was called and then I lost count in the crowd. It was nuts.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
I've flown on UA563 PHL-ORD on Thursday evenings nearly every week for the past 16 months and that's routinely 75+ on a 739. Before July, the only flight back to ORD after 12PM was 563 and the list was frequently over 100. Max I saw was 126 back in May. They finally added an RJ flight around 7:20PM that's cut into the list slightly.
Dublin_rfk likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by rolltribe
I've flown on UA563 PHL-ORD on Thursday evenings nearly every week for the past 16 months and that's routinely 75+ on a 739. Before July, the only flight back to ORD after 12PM was 563 and the list was frequently over 100. Max I saw was 126 back in May. They finally added an RJ flight around 7:20PM that's cut into the list slightly.
Just another reason to slide north and fight the EWR madness. :-(
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
LAS-EWR Tomorrow LOL

The upgrade list is 142 deep later today, that's a record for me to see.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 2:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM & 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by theboss7593
The upgrade list is 142 deep later today, that's a record for me to see.
Due to CES ending I'd guess.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.