Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global services experiences 2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA GS
The ORD GS team is for sure nice. Was welcomed at door when arriving from FRA and when using the GS lobby as security shortcut, they were all cheery and welcoming. The GF club is slowly going downhill to SFO level generally
Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.45MM, Marriott+SPG Plat, Clear, Nexus, Global Entry and MEX Viajero Confiable
Was impressed by the IAD team.. BOS-IAD delayed 40m+ due to weather but on arrival multiple agents/CSR at plane door and gate area with pax names on boards to help them get to their next flight or helped with re-booking. This was both for GS and 1K as I saw 1K next to quite a few of the pax names. ^

Sadly, I am neither and had to fend for myself
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:22 pm

I had a great experience with a phone agent a few days ago.

Traveling back from Brazil, I missed a domestic flight to GRU on GOL which was part of my full itinerary back to IAD. The GOL agents said there was nothing they could do and sent me to the TAM airways desk to try and buy a same-day ticket. The line was HUGE and was not moving. Called up the GS line and the agent got me a ticket on the last flight to GRU on TAM airways (I would have missed it if I waited in that line), and she fixed my original ticket so that the GRU-IAD flight wouldn't have issues since I missed the first leg.

I thought I was in a world of trouble missing that first leg, but GS pulled through and got me home. I really love the GS program, it has been so nice for situations like this.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 7:05 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Amazing experience this morning. Arrived SCL from IAH with my SO. After deplaning, there was a United rep with a Global Services sign. I knew I was only GS on flight since the GA in Houston called me by name to board. Anyway, he was there to get me through immigration and baggage claim. I explained we were connecting to a LAN flight to MDZ. I assumed we would need to go through these processes, and check-in with LAN with our bags. He said he could get our bags and recheck them to our next flight. We could then skip immigration, get our boarding passes from the LAN desk, and go through the connecting area. Piece of cake - took 10 minutes in total. Outstanding customer service! My SO admonished me to NEVER lose my GS status.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:23 am

Boarding IAD-DEN yesterday, GA said with a smirk as I pre-boarded, "you look to young to be GS".

I'll take that as a complement, thank you!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Despite having almost 90 mins between flights, I was picked up at EWR A and driven to EWR C. Same entrances/exits and route as the shuttle bus but in a Mercedes SUV. Nice surprise!
Old May 12, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Me again.

I did have a slightly tight connection the other day going from TermD to TermA at IAD and was happy to see an iPad with my name on it when I disembarked. On the drive over to A, the agent told me they have about 360 GS members transfer at IAD each day. He also told me they will pick up 1Ks who are going to disconnect if they can, in an effort to show them the benefits of global. Really nice guys, nice chat, and nice ride, even if it was over to the ghetto terminal.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:28 am

Had my first Mercedes transfer at LAX a few days ago. I was on an 18 minute connection coming in from EWR going onward to SBP. I would not have made it without the transfer.

I'm continually floored by the service I've received as a GS member this year. I look forward to sticking with the program for years to come.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
Despite having almost 90 mins between flights, I was picked up at EWR A and driven to EWR C. Same entrances/exits and route as the shuttle bus but in a Mercedes SUV. Nice surprise!
Just arrived at SFO from ORD, on my way to HKG.

I took a much earlier flight so there would be no issue of sweating out this connection. I arrived three hours before my HKG flight. Arrived at Gate 85 and the GFL is near 98.

When I walked off the plane, there was this wonderful agent with a sign with my name on it and she asked if I wanted to be driven to the GFL. Of course!

The total drive time (if you know the airport layout) was a whopping 30 seconds.

Wasn't expecting this at all but what a nice surprise and great customer service! ^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Just arrived at SFO from ORD, on my way to HKG.

I took a much earlier flight so there would be no issue of sweating out this connection. I arrived three hours before my HKG flight. Arrived at Gate 85 and the GFL is near 98.

When I walked off the plane, there was this wonderful agent with a sign with my name on it and she asked if I wanted to be driven to the GFL. Of course!

The total drive time (if you know the airport layout) was a whopping 30 seconds.

Wasn't expecting this at all but what a nice surprise and great customer service! ^
This morning, a GS colleague got a D->A Mercedes drive at IAD, with a one-hour connection. He was told the Mercedes had 48 miles on it -- just delivered yesterday!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by wxguy
This morning, a GS colleague got a D->A Mercedes drive at IAD, with a one-hour connection. He was told the Mercedes had 48 miles on it -- just delivered yesterday!
I'm waiting for the day when the IAD GS team is able to help avoid the dreaded Moonbuggy Ride on international arrivals. A ride to the customs area in the Mercedes would be amazing.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, MM, AA (EXP), SPG Platinum, Priority Club, Ambassador Platinum, Global Entry
SFO GS Agents very proactive and polite

Recent connection from domestic to international flight at SFO was tight. Met by GS Mercedes and advanced to gate. Appreciated the proactive GS service and agent^
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bennettb
Recent connection from domestic to international flight at SFO was tight. Met by GS Mercedes and advanced to gate. Appreciated the proactive GS service and agent^
Was it tight due to UA being late - or just from booking? I've had so many connections at SFO that were late due to inbound aircraft and never been afforded this service...
Old Aug 25, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, *A Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Plat+Amb, AA
Travelling with my wife (GS) through IAH with a short-ish connection (twice) from E to B but no particular difference from my Gold status.

And when she got them to add us to the standby list at the gate, she's was 16! and I was 3...

Have not seen anything good apart from one nice invite to the GF lounge in LHR for both of us. And the dragons in the G UC barely looked up or down at her

Last edited by duck_77; Aug 25, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FlyHighInTheSky
I'm waiting for the day when the IAD GS team is able to help avoid the dreaded Moonbuggy Ride on international arrivals. A ride to the customs area in the Mercedes would be amazing.
You'll need to fly LH F for that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.