Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

AC award ticket hung up in ticketing, why?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1K (3MM); AA-Gold (1MM); Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Hi there,

Has anyone run into the situation where I class is available on UA's website for a Star carrier (AC) and the reservation does not ticket?

I have a reservation where I booked and paid on UA's website however not issued. The website shows I class. A call to UA and I am informed that that no I class available. However UA's website now has allocated seats on the flight they say has no I class despite the website now showing I4 (was showing I5 before I purchased). I called AC and they confirm that I class exists, AC PNR exists and seats have been already been selected by UA.

Any suggestions on how to get my PNR ticketed?

Many thanks and safe travels
Cheers
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: 1K
If it was on UA.bmb, the space usually existed at some point. Hang up and call again - if AC shows the availability, there shouldn't be any issues.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
HUCA. How long are you waiting for this to ticket?
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

I have been waiting since Wednesday.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sing-along
I have been waiting since Wednesday.
cancel and book again if it is still I4. Usually AC tickets quickly
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

UA res agent says that until AC sends the inventory we can't ticket. I have conveyed that AC has the inventory and have the details from UA and has also created PNR and assigned seats.

I have called three times. Each time, UA indicates AC has to send the inventory. "They must be having a schedule change" and therefore restricting the sale of the ticket.

Total time spent to date ... 2.5 hours ... and counting.

I'll get home at midnight tonight. With some luck I'll get the HNL res centre.

In Apollo, I believe UA could issue a ticket using "BK1" instead of "HK1" however I am getting out of my league at this point.

Originally Posted by cfischer
cancel and book again if it is still I4. Usually AC tickets quickly
I will do so one I get home. Just about to board my flight for YVR (PDX DL SEA DL YVR).

I've just cancelled and the miles credited back to the account.

I will keep everyone informed.

Cheers

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 15, 2016 at 10:56 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote
Old Jan 16, 2016, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

I've spent another 65 minutes today to try to get my reward travel booking issued.

UA acknowledged there is a "system glitch". UA has confirmed I class exists on AC. UA has confirmed that AC has the space and that I do have seat selections on the AC flight. UA has also confirmed that AC has created a PNR.

Apparently UA has two platforms. The website is one and I (assume) SHARES is the other.

EasyR (sp?) is the system that issues the ticket and is where the accounting transaction occurs. (I assume EasyR is an overlay over SHARES). EasyR does not see the flight for which I have purchased the ticket for.

UA has made some requests internally to have EasyR sync up with their other system. I am to call back on Monday afternoon to find out if the ticket has been issued.

I will call Monday evening as I can't block out two hours to deal with UA on weekday afternoon.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
If the inventory still exists, book it again and trash the first one.

Seriously, getting anyone at United to deviate from what the computer does is next to impossible. If you can redo it, redo it and put this to bed.

Last edited by goalie; Jan 16, 2016 at 5:32 pm Reason: The holding company is not the name of the airline
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by channa
If the inventory still exists, book it again and trash the first one.

Seriously, getting anyone at United to deviate from what the computer does is next to impossible. If you can redo it, redo it and put this to bed.
Hi Channa,

I agree and I took cfischer's advice and cancelled and rebooked. I cancelled the booking I made on 13JUL and rebooked early this (16JUL) morning at 01h00 PST after arriving home.

Twelve hours later ... the ticket still had not been issued and that's when I called UA.

It is very frustrating. I just can't help but think of Bloomberg's cover this week and the pictorial representation of the "tech meltdown"
Old Jan 16, 2016, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sing-along
Hi Channa,

I agree and I took cfischer's advice and cancelled and rebooked. I cancelled the booking I made on 13JUL and rebooked early this (16JUL) morning at 01h00 PST after arriving home.

Twelve hours later ... the ticket still had not been issued and that's when I called UA.

It is very frustrating. I just can't help but think of Bloomberg's cover this week and the pictorial representation of the "tech meltdown"
I have bought plenty of AC tickets and have seen issue before, but they usually clear up over night and are mostly schedule change related. Never seen anything like this. Maybe IM UA Insider, this is a strange one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.