Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gäste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by e20
UA Gold flying SMART fare on EW, LH lounge access in DUS without problem :-)

No Swiss lounge access in GVA with the same card :-( (typing this in a noisy bar in GVA...)

The ladies were helpful and looked in their folders twice but lounge access is only for SMART/BEST airfare and LH Gold...

-éric
does not matter what they offer for M&M Sen aka LH *G ... this thread is re: UA *G where different rules apply. Also, Swiss lounge access was never part of the deal, only LH.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA gold, A3 gold
As an additional datapoint - was allowed into the SEN lounge while connecting from LH to Eurowings at STR a month ago on an award ticket. The scanner didn't like it but the agent looked confused and just let me in.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
LH Lounge Access on Eurowings

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum, but wanted to share my experience this AM flying from Cologne to Lisbon on Eurowings.

I tried to access the LH Senator Lounge with my UA *G Card, but was denied as I was flying on a basic fare. They emphasized that even Senators on a basic fare were no longer able to access the lounge and that it is part of a new policy.

I fly this route almost every week, and this is the first time I've had this issue. Has there actually been a policy change recently?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 12:48 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pnt1
I tried to access the LH Senator Lounge with my UA *G Card, but was denied as I was flying on a basic fare. They emphasized that even Senators on a basic fare were no longer able to access the lounge and that it is part of a new policy.
That is correct

https://www.eurowings.com/en/informa...ss-lounge.html

This was reported in March 2017 post in this thread
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, TAP Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This link doesn't include anything about United *G users, only for Senator and HON circle members.

Last week, I had no problems entering the lounge using basic fare and United 1k card, so what I'm asking is when (or if) they changed this policy also to impact United *G holders. Could this be a mistake on the lounge dragon side?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'm not aware of a requirement to be on a SMART fare to access lounges. The published policy is that *G holders of UA and NH have access to Senator and Business lounges when travelling on EW.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I believe you were improperly denied.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: UA
I also think you were improperly denied. I was on a BASIC fare in May from LHR and DUS and it was no problem. The scanner at DUS said denied but the agent knew it would happen and she scanned my UA card and was let in with no issues.

Seems that the LHR and DUS agents know the rules the best.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum, but wanted to share my experience this AM flying from Cologne to Lisbon on Eurowings.

I fly this route almost every week, and this is the first time I've had this issue. Has there actually been a policy change recently?
write to LH and ask for compensation. You were denied access. Some dragons in CGN need re-training. No change to UA access to LH lounges when flying EW.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:30 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
This link doesn't include anything about United *G users, only for Senator and HON circle members.

Last week, I had no problems entering the lounge using basic fare and United 1k card, so what I'm asking is when (or if) they changed this policy also to impact United *G holders. Could this be a mistake on the lounge dragon side?
The first link confirmed the LH Senator limitation

The second link provide earlier denials for UA *G. Note there are additional denials up-thread. Have not seen anything formal on this.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The first link confirmed the LH Senator limitation

The second link provide earlier denials for UA *G. Note there are additional denials up-thread. Have not seen anything formal on this.
I was able to access a couple of weeks ago. Was on A J ticket, but able to access the SEN lounge so UA SAG must have counted.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by cfischer
I was able to access a couple of weeks ago. Was on A J ticket, but able to access the SEN lounge so UA SAG must have counted.
No. Booking class J is for BEST fares on EW/4U, so also pax with no status and a J fare get in.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiss_global
No. Booking class J is for BEST fares on EW/4U, so also pax with no status and a J fare get in.
No status BEST would get into the Business lounge not the Senator lounge, no? The other poster got to use the SEN lounge because of their UA *G status.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 2:08 am

Programs: UA million miler
Am in Lounge now

Am a UA*G and just got access to LH senator lounge in DUS flying on cheapest eurowings fare. Not all star alliance gold members get access, but UA does.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Silke Pflueger
Am a UA*G and just got access to LH senator lounge in DUS flying on cheapest eurowings fare. Not all star alliance gold members get access, but UA does.
To make this clear for everyone:
until Oct 28th, any LH*G, NH*G or UA*G can access any LH/LX/OS *G-Lounge (= J Class and SEN Lounges) in all revenue and award (D, J, I, C, H, Q, V, W, S, G, K, L, T, X, Y, B, M, N, E, F, O, R) Basic, Smart or Best Fares.

Starting October 29th, only Smart and Best Fares qualify for Lounge access, whilst Basic Fares will be excluded (even for HON Circle Members).

Any fare booked through an GDS (for example via United.com or Lufthansa.com) is an Smart or Best fare. Basic fares are only sold on the Eurowings website, as tour operator fares and selected third party agencies (such as Tuifly.com).
pnt1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.