Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD View Post
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 31, 16, 8:37 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by djohannw View Post
Swiss indeed does not accept UA*G on EW flights (unless, I was told, the flight is booked under LX-code). Referenced reason was that the lounge-access agreement is between UA and LH, not LH-Group.
Thanks Dirk, that kind of makes sense. It's a little annoying how hard it got to book intra-Europe flights given the large amount of different Economy fare classes and subsidiaries that are not part of *A.

Originally Posted by cfischer
you will get access in HAM
Correct, I got in with my +1 without problems.

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 17, 11:44 am
e20

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
LX 4402 (so a LX ticket) but actually EW boarding pass for DUS-ZRH-DUS.

Easy access with UA Platinium in DUS (small lounge BTW) but I had to show my MP card.

A little more complex at ZRH as I had to show indeed the LX ticket information (but mainly so that the lady could enter the LX flight).

Fast lane access at DUS & ZRH were granted.
Old Mar 25, 17, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
There seems to be bad news.

UA*G and NH*G may not be entitled to access a Lufthansa Lounge, when departing on Germanwings/Eurowings on a BASIC fare.
The rule is not quite clear. However, SEN/HON cardholders are banned from Lufthansa Lounges on a BASIC fare starting from March 26.

Eurowings: upgrade booking class BASIC->SMART?

http://www.austrianaviation.net/deta...-statuskunden/
Old Mar 25, 17, 6:38 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
There seems to be bad news.

UA*G and NH*G may not be entitled to access a Lufthansa Lounge, when departing on Germanwings/Eurowings on a BASIC fare.
The rule is not quite clear. However, SEN/HON cardholders are banned from Lufthansa Lounges on a BASIC fare starting from March 26.

Eurowings: upgrade booking class BASIC->SMART?

http://www.austrianaviation.net/deta...-statuskunden/
Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges.
Old Mar 27, 17, 3:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Thank you for quoting the rule from the Lufthansa website.
However, it is safe to assume that if SEN/HON are banned from LH Lounges on Basic fares, then the same fate is true for UA*G and NH*G.
Old Mar 27, 17, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
Thank you for quoting the rule from the Lufthansa website.
However, it is safe to assume that if SEN/HON are banned from LH Lounges on Basic fares, then the same fate is true for UA*G and NH*G.
nope. LH decided to stop paying. UA is a different story ...
Old Apr 23, 17, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K; QR P; HH D; MR G; IHG SpAmb
any UA*G with a recent (ie. since they changed lounge access for LH Sens) experience on getting into an LH lounge on a 4U ticket?
Old Apr 23, 17, 9:43 pm

On 4/7 I was allowed to use the LH Senator Lounge at LHR with my UA *G card and a Germanwings/Eurowings boarding pass.
Old Apr 23, 17, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
I had no trouble on 04/02. [in MUC]

Last edited by MatthewLAX; May 3, 17 at 2:37 am
Old Apr 23, 17, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Glob
Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
any UA*G with a recent (ie. since they changed lounge access for LH Sens) experience on getting into an LH lounge on a 4U ticket?
Originally Posted by Huzordaddy View Post
On 4/7 I was allowed to use the LH Senator Lounge at LHR with my UA *G card and a Germanwings/Eurowings boarding pass.
It is good to know that it was fine at LHR.

Any lounge experiences at German airports would be helpful as well.
Old Apr 27, 17, 10:48 am

Programs: UA MP, Delta Sky Miles, AA Advantage
I am UA Premier Exec/*A Gold, flying GVA-DUS on EW in November. Obviously, LH doesn't have a lounge in GVA. Only Swiss does. Will I get access to that lounge? Does it depend on whether I book basic or smart fare? On EW site it says that:

https://www.eurowings.com/en/informa...ss-lounge.html

If you have Frequent Traveller status and you book a SMART fare, you are entitled to use all Lufthansa lounges and Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines and SWISS lounges in Germany and Europe.

Are UA/*A Gold and Frequent Traveller status the same thing or not?
Old May 3, 17, 12:25 am

Programs: UA
Also bumping for what I think is an obvious answer, but I need to ask anyways.

I'm UA *G, if I fly EW from LHR to DUS will I only be able to use the Senator lounge at LHR and not any of the other * lounges?
Old May 3, 17, 3:45 am

Programs: UA 1K(until 2022), MM *G for life, Hertz PC, BAEC Silver
I suspect not but, in reality, you wouldn't want to - the others are miles away and not significantly better, if at all.
Old May 3, 17, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
The LHR Sen lounge is perfectly fine. Just note that when you arrive in the lounge they will give you a paper with a QR code...at first I thought that was for WiFi but when you walk into the business lounge and to the back wall you use that at the scanner at the frosted doors to enter the SEN lounge.
Old Jun 7, 17, 11:34 am
e20

Programs: United 1K 1MM, HHonor ex-Gold, IC ex-Plat.
Angry

Originally Posted by GREAKLY View Post
I am UA Premier Exec/*A Gold, flying GVA-DUS on EW in November. Obviously, LH doesn't have a lounge in GVA. Only Swiss does. Will I get access to that lounge? Does it depend on whether I book basic or smart fare? On EW site it says that:
UA Gold flying SMART fare on EW, LH lounge access in DUS without problem :-)

No Swiss lounge access in GVA with the same card :-( (typing this in a noisy bar in GVA...)

The ladies were helpful and looked in their folders twice but lounge access is only for SMART/BEST airfare and LH Gold...

-ric

Search this Thread