Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD View Post
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 15, 16, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
Good to see this documented. At the same time, this would mean that as UA*G one has not longer access to the LH lounge eg at LHR when departing on 4U from there. Anybody has any recent experience?
Germanwings 4U and Eurowings EW are treated the same. In fact if you try to go to the 4U website it auto directs to EW. I thought the plan was 4U for EU and EW for the long haul stuff but I feel after the crash they decided to fold them into the same banner.
Old Jun 16, 16, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by a9504477 View Post
Good to see this documented. At the same time, this would mean that as UA*G one has not longer access to the LH lounge eg at LHR when departing on 4U from there. Anybody has any recent experience?
The flights, as per boarding passes, are EW op 4U. Last month in LHR no problem getting in with my UA card.

What seems to be inconsistent is whether you get allowed to Senator vs Business lounge. LHR-TXL I was given access to Senator lounge, however TXL-LHR only to the business lounge.
Old Jun 17, 16, 8:19 am
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Bigzamboni View Post
The flights, as per boarding passes, are EW op 4U. Last month in LHR no problem getting in with my UA card.

What seems to be inconsistent is whether you get allowed to Senator vs Business lounge. LHR-TXL I was given access to Senator lounge, however TXL-LHR only to the business lounge.
As a UC member (& business class traveler), the "correct" lounge is the LH Business lounge, Senator would be for *G.
Old Aug 6, 16, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
Good to know this!

Anyone with experiences of having extra checkin bag allowance (23Kg) as a 1K/*G ?
Old Aug 6, 16, 7:06 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tkflyer View Post
Good to know this!

Anyone with experiences of having extra checkin bag allowance (23Kg) as a 1K/*G ?
Checking in with EW, you will not get elite bag allowance, just standard ticket allowances. EW is not *A.

Similar to 4U - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ua-ticket.html / http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...rmanwings.html
Old Aug 31, 16, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Delta Gold, HH ◊, SPG Gold
What a scam!
Had to change airport from DUS to FRA to find flights to LHR that were LH metal. Surprise, all peak morning flights from DUS were EW !
Old Aug 31, 16, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tkflyer View Post
What a scam!
Had to change airport from DUS to FRA to find flights to LHR that were LH metal. Surprise, all peak morning flights from DUS were EW !
What's a scam? I haven't had problems flying on 4U...
Old Sep 5, 16, 8:13 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I had a great experience this morning in ZRH.
I flew from ZRH to DUS on EW-"smart" and get Loungeaccess with my 1k-card.
Old Sep 5, 16, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by zappa42m View Post
I had a great experience this morning in ZRH.
I flew from ZRH to DUS on EW-"smart" and get Loungeaccess with my 1k-card.
And I flew the reverse (DUS-ZRH) on a Smart fare and got access to the SEN lounge with my Gold card.

Fare maps to "T". And, 4U has rejected UA's request for mileage credit on the basis that I wasn't flying a mileage earning class. UA has kindly agreed to re-submit the request indicating that my Passenger Receipt clearly shows "T". On the other hand, my EW segment (also "T") posted right away after UA showed them the appropriate paperwork.
Old Sep 5, 16, 12:33 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Just a datapoint, *G, ewr-Dus J, Dus-xxx eurowings, denied entry at Dus lounge. Agent stated it wasn't a * lounge. Not a big deal, only had 25 min wait anyway.
Old Sep 6, 16, 4:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40 View Post
Just a datapoint, *G, ewr-Dus J, Dus-xxx eurowings, denied entry at Dus lounge. Agent stated it wasn't a * lounge. Not a big deal, only had 25 min wait anyway.
Just curious to know which lounge it was in DUS. I've only been there the one time, and my 4U flight left out of Pier A (I arrived on a EW flight in Pier B, I think). So, I'll go on a limb and guess your EW flight was departing from Pier B and you were trying to get into the Hugo Junkers lounge there.

Since I was departing from Pier A, I went for the Lufthansa lounges there. I only had a mobile BP that I couldn't bring up for lack of internet. So, I went to a LH desk to have them print out a BP for my 4U flight. The agent expressed concern that I may have been referring to a EW flight. I confirmed that I meant 4U and she was able to bring up my res with my booking code, but could not get it the BP to print with my UA Gold #. Anyway, for some reason, she wouldn't have been able to help me if I was on EW. But because I was on 4U, she managed to see my reservation. And as for entry into the LH SEN lounge, it was fine once I presented my card.
Old Sep 11, 16, 10:53 am

So I am sitting in Brussels, flying on a Brussels Airlines codeshare flight operated by Germanwings. At the Brussels Airlines lounge no luck getting in with my United Gold card.
I know Brussels is not Lufthansa, still a bummer.
Old Dec 30, 16, 7:00 am

Programs: UA
Flew ZRH to HAM on basic with UA*G (1K), the lounge lady at ZRH did not let me in, mentioning that EuroWings does not want to pay money for lounge access (even though the check in agent said that I should be allowed in).

Will try again to get into the lounge in HAM on the flight back.
Old Dec 30, 16, 7:46 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Swiss indeed does not accept UA*G on EW flights (unless, I was told, the flight is booked under LX-code). Referenced reason was that the lounge-access agreement is between UA and LH, not LH-Group.

Greetings - Dirk
Old Dec 30, 16, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gannimo View Post
Flew ZRH to HAM on basic with UA*G (1K), the lounge lady at ZRH did not let me in, mentioning that EuroWings does not want to pay money for lounge access (even though the check in agent said that I should be allowed in).

Will try again to get into the lounge in HAM on the flight back.
you will get access in HAM

Search this Thread