Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gäste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhängig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa’s Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 10:32 pm

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
I just want to confirm that UA*G do have access to the LH-lounge when flying on EW.
Last weekend I flew from DUS to HAM to DUS with EW on basic, and I get access to the Senator-lounges at DUS and HAM with one guest.
Old May 17, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Really? Does the BP yield a green beep or did they just waive you through after showing the card?
If the latter it probably simply depends on the niceness of the warden...
Old May 17, 2016, 5:03 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by cvision
Really? Does the BP yield a green beep or did they just waive you through after showing the card?
The website - naturally - is eerily silent on the subject ....
Old May 17, 2016, 9:20 am

Programs: United-1K+2MM, Bonvoy-LifetimeGold,IHG-Diamond-Ambassador
Originally Posted by cvision
1.scanning the bp 2.scanning the 1k-card 3.typing something into the system 4.scanning the bp again 5. good to go.
The same procedure in DUS and in HAM, and the ladies told me that's the normal way.
Old May 17, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Is it necessary to have a flight that day on UA to be able to use the Senator lounge? I have a short round trip entirely within Germany coming up and would like to use the lounge beforehand.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sannmann
Is it necessary to have a flight that day on UA to be able to use the Senator lounge? I have a short round trip entirely within Germany coming up and would like to use the lounge beforehand.
I flew TXL-LHR on a 4U.com booked ticket with no UA connection and had no issues.
Old May 17, 2016, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by zappa42m
1.scanning the bp 2.scanning the 1k-card 3.typing something into the system 4.scanning the bp again 5. good to go.
The same procedure in DUS and in HAM, and the ladies told me that's the normal way.
Good to know. Any chance you know how e.g. LX and OS deal with EW/4U tickets and their lounges?
Old May 17, 2016, 11:31 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:

• Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa's Senator and Business Lounges.

http://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/Lounge-types-and-access
perkele likes this.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

• Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansa's Senator and Business Lounges.

Thank you very much! Good to see confirmation from LH on this topic!
Old May 19, 2016, 11:01 am

Programs: 1MM UA Gold
Good to know, thanks!

Originally Posted by zappa42m
I just want to confirm that UA*G do have access to the LH-lounge when flying on EW.
Last weekend I flew from DUS to HAM to DUS with EW on basic, and I get access to the Senator-lounges at DUS and HAM with one guest.
I'm flying out of HAM in the morning on UA 865, so glad to hear I should be able to use the Senator lounge.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:10 pm

Why would you not have access to the SEN lounge in Hamburg? You are going international as a *G on a *A carrier.

The issue(s) at hand here is how non-FTL/SEN/HON (i.e. *Gs) are being treated when flying Eurowings/Germanwings.
Old May 21, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by theise
I'm flying out of HAM in the morning on UA 865, so glad to hear I should be able to use the Senator lounge.
Any *G on a *A carrier proper gets lounge access (well maybe with the possible exception of LX on some days) ... that is not up for debate here.
Old May 21, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

Thanks a lot for this, NewbieRunner. Very timely for my first Euro/Germanwings flight next month. ^
Old May 21, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL

Hey, thanks for the post! Very helpful! But man the rules are getting a bit complicated....
Old Jun 15, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb

Good to see this documented. At the same time, this would mean that as UA*G one has not longer access to the LH lounge eg at LHR when departing on 4U from there. Anybody has any recent experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.