Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Airlines and Mileage Programs

United Airlines | MileagePlus

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Does UA *G get lounge access when flying Eurowings?

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 13, 19, 3:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
11 Feb 2019
Information for passengers departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART or BEST fare and who have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator card have access to Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a SMART fare and who have a Miles & More Frequent Traveller card have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have booked a BEST fare have access to Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their departure.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold card only have access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges if they are customers of United Airlines (UA) or All Nippon Airways (NH).
Originally Posted by FlyingPhD View Post
The german version of the Lufthansa website clearly says that no fare restriction apply.

lufthansa.com/de/de/loungetypen-und-zugang

Gste, die eine Star Alliance Gold Card besitzen, haben nur dann Zugang zu den Senator und Business Lounges der Lufthansa, wenn sie Kunden der Fluggesellschaften United Airlines (UA) und All Nippon Airways (NH) sind. Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig.
" Dies ist von dem gebuchten Tarif unabhngig. " ==> "This is independent of the booked tariff (fare)"

older wording
[LH Lounge access] Advice for passengers who are departing with Eurowings:
  • Passengers have free access to the Lufthansa Senator and Business Lounges in Germany provided they have a Miles & More HON Circle Member or Senator Card.
  • Passengers who have booked the Eurowings BEST fare and Frequent Travellers who have booked the SMART fare are entitled to use the Lufthansa Business Lounges on the day of their flight.
  • Passengers who have a Star Alliance Gold Card, however, do not have access to the Lufthansa Lounges. Exceptions to this are the Star Alliance Gold Card customers of the airlines United Airlines (UA) and All Nippon Airways (NH), who receive access to Lufthansas Senator and Business Lounges.
  • Not confirmed, but plausible: Rules will change from March 26, 2017:
    Access to LH Lounge is only possible when departing on a SMART or BEST fare. BASIC fare does not entitle to lounge access.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 27, 22, 1:01 am

I just used this benefit at the Lufthansa lounge in Hamburg (HAM), when flying on a basic fare with Eurowings. The agent was unaware and initially tried to turn me away, but then allowed me to scan first my United card (*A gold), followed by the boarding pass. The machine then flashed green. The agent was surprised, but of course then let me in.

Its strange that I can no longer find this exception listed on Lufthansas websitedid their detailed lounge access policy disappear?
Old Aug 27, 22, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TuggerCat View Post
I just used this benefit at the Lufthansa lounge in Hamburg (HAM), when flying on a basic fare with Eurowings. The agent was unaware and initially tried to turn me away, but then allowed me to scan first my United card (*A gold), followed by the boarding pass. The machine then flashed green. The agent was surprised, but of course then let me in.

Its strange that I can no longer find this exception listed on Lufthansas websitedid their detailed lounge access policy disappear?
it is not on the Lufthansa site because it is not applicable to Lufthansa ... it is applicable to EW. It is still listed as a benefit on the United page for EW and still limited to LH lounges only ... no LX/OS/SN etc. lounges
Old Oct 25, 22, 11:07 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Booked a flight to FRA out of ATL on LH.com and did not pay attention that its now operated by EW Discover instead of LH itself. I have United Premier Platinum status, thus *G. Will lounge access be possible in ATL? Can I bring an extra piece of luggage or am I limited to one piece covered in my fare?
Old Oct 25, 22, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Muerz View Post
Booked a flight to FRA out of ATL on LH.com and did not pay attention that its now operated by EW Discover instead of LH itself. I have United Premier Platinum status, thus *G. Will lounge access be possible in ATL? Can I bring an extra piece of luggage or am I limited to one piece covered in my fare?
Don't think this is the proper thread for this, since EW != EW Discover.

But you should be fine. It's a wet-lease, so expect lounge access, mileage credit etc. like a regular Lufthansa flight
Old Nov 23, 22, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hadnt seen a recent report and couldnt find it mentioned on United.com anymore. Flying EW LHR-DUS. At the LH lounge I told her I was United *G and Im supposed to scan my gold card first. She instead asked for my BP, which I knew wouldnt work. Computer said no and she said sorry.

I then re-explained that Im supposed to have access and shes supposed to scan the card first. She reluctantly agreed to try but had to put the computer in some mode. Scanned my MP card, then the boarding passvoila, it spit out the Senator receipt. She was then apologetic.
SPN Lifer and cfischer like this.
Old Nov 23, 22, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by villox View Post
Hadnt seen a recent report and couldnt find it mentioned on United.com anymore. Flying EW LHR-DUS. At the LH lounge I told her I was United *G and Im supposed to scan my gold card first. She instead asked for my BP, which I knew wouldnt work. Computer said no and she said sorry.

I then re-explained that Im supposed to have access and shes supposed to scan the card first. She reluctantly agreed to try but had to put the computer in some mode. Scanned my MP card, then the boarding passvoila, it spit out the Senator receipt. She was then apologetic.
persistence pays off I haven't needed my card in LHR ... I wonder if they have a different system.
Old Nov 24, 22, 12:39 am

Programs: UA GS, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer View Post
persistence pays off I haven't needed my card in LHR ... I wonder if they have a different system.
When I say I needed to scan my card I meant the electronic one. No status comes through on the EW boarding pass even though my MP # is on there so it makes sense youd have to show something
uanj and lhrsfo like this.
Old Nov 24, 22, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by villox View Post
When I say I needed to scan my card I meant the electronic one. No status comes through on the EW boarding pass even though my MP # is on there so it makes sense youd have to show something
might be different with LHR connections and a UA BP then ... that might bring the MP# with it

Search this Thread