FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   IAD-SFO & SFO-IAD now flying Int'l 757 configurations? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1738799-iad-sfo-sfo-iad-now-flying-intl-757-configurations.html)

wallertown Jan 13, 2016 3:53 pm

IAD-SFO & SFO-IAD now flying Int'l 757 configurations?

Can anyone confirm this? The seat picker seems shows the lie-flat C seat config for some of these flights, but that looks new to me. Would make the trek to IAD worth it.

Flyloha Jan 13, 2016 4:28 pm

Yes. It's usually one flight each way per day with the int'l config.

FlyHighInTheSky Jan 13, 2016 4:30 pm

I really hope they keep it this way for a while. I would love to do all my transcons on a lie-flat. I can do without the "PS" amenities, but would love that seat!

wallertown Jan 13, 2016 4:51 pm

What a good change of pace. And FWIW, on the day I was looking about two weeks from now they're doing three flights IAD-SFO with that configuration.

WineCountryUA Jan 13, 2016 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by wallertown (Post 26014357)
What a good change of pace. And FWIW, on the day I was looking about two weeks from now they're doing three flights IAD-SFO with that configuration.

UA is flying a lot less than the original announced up to 17 EWR-SFO RTs and 15 EWR-LAX RTs, so there is some spare capacity for other routes.

cerealmarketer Jan 13, 2016 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA (Post 26014370)
UA is flying a lot less than the original announced up to 17 EWR-SFO RTs and 15 EWR-LAX RTs, so there is some spare capacity for other routes.

At least during this season. It progressively increases back up to those levels into June, though the odd post 430pm, pre 8pm departures from the West Coast look gone.

And SFO-IAD gets 1 777 and 1 757 further out.

FlyHighInTheSky Jan 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Looking at further out dates (September, October, November 2016) i'm not seeing any widebodies on IAD-SFO or SFO-IAD :(

IAD1k Jan 13, 2016 7:54 pm

yes, confirmed. i took it today, IAD-SFO. unfortunately, my seat 2A was broken and wouldn't recline an inch! of course the cabin was full. the FAs were very nice but nothing could be done. oh well, it's UA...after all.

AndyPatterson Jan 13, 2016 8:13 pm

Too bad they can't put this bird on the DCA-SFO flight! That would be a real treat...

gokeeper Jan 13, 2016 8:14 pm

Also seen some EWR-SEA route was operated by 752 in March.

altbg Jan 13, 2016 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer (Post 26014838)
At least during this season. It progressively increases back up to those levels into June, though the odd post 430pm, pre 8pm departures from the West Coast look gone.

And SFO-IAD gets 1 777 and 1 757 further out.

However, that 777 is not the 3-class Intl anymore. They put the Hawaii birds on this route - at least the seat map shows that config. :td:

exerda Jan 13, 2016 9:40 pm

Now, if we could only get it for one of the redeyes!

Originally Posted by reinmedia (Post 26014240)
Yes. It's usually one flight each way per day with the int'l config.

I had 2x a day on several dates I was looking at in February--the first two of the day IAD-SFO (6:30am and 8:30am-ish). ^

It used to be just the evening 777 which had real difficulty making decent connections (though that one wasn't an option for the same dates I was checking).

Originally Posted by flyinjer (Post 26015019)
Looking at further out dates (September, October, November 2016) i'm not seeing any widebodies on IAD-SFO or SFO-IAD :(

I do prefer the widebodies, but hey, I'll take international config given I'm paying F on that route anyway! Better than domestic F config by far.

DCEsquire Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by IAD1k (Post 26015055)
yes, confirmed. i took it today, IAD-SFO. unfortunately, my seat 2A was broken and wouldn't recline an inch! of course the cabin was full. the FAs were very nice but nothing could be done. oh well, it's UA...after all.

Confirmed here too. For me I was OGG-SFO-IAD back on 1/2 It was a redeye. The later one... 11ish. I was F and the lie flat was a dream. Unfortunately the service was sub par... Unless it's international I think after 7 or 8 the FA's on UA just assume they should be done for the day.

PenaltyBox Jan 13, 2016 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by AndyPatterson (Post 26015126)
Too bad they can't put this bird on the DCA-SFO flight! That would be a real treat...

DCA-SFO would be a great candidate for the whole P.S. experience. Morning flight out of DC on a flatbed for a 6-hour trip would be a huge selling point.

cesco.g Jan 13, 2016 11:33 pm

There is also a sCO 16-BF-seater 752 IAD-LAX on some days this month - and a 3-class 777 - as reported in another thread.