Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lots of delays at ORD on Jan 12, 2016 due to Catering

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Many delays, some extensive, all for catering.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Or, more accurately, lack of catering. En route right now after 2 hour delay--1 hour for waiting on catering that never arrived. Were advised NO flight out of ORD today will have food in any cabin. We have water, soda and ice for 4.5 hours.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
When I saw the title, I automatically assumed weather as we were delayed through ORD yesterday for it. Mass catering fail would be a new one.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:22 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Why are they unable to cater flights? Labor action by the catering company? UA failed to pay their catering bills? Health department action?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by exerda
Why are they unable to cater flights? Labor action by the catering company? UA failed to pay their catering bills? Health department action?
Our flight was told new catering company.

Check out this article:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...508-story.html
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by exerda
It's cold - perhaps the vintage champagne froze and the caviar truck's battery died.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I will never fly out if ORD again,

You can buy food at the food court, ...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 12, 2016 at 4:25 pm Reason: OMNI content removed
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The few INTL flights I checked either left on time or are showing as "on schedule" surely they won't leave with just water and soda on board. Different caterer?
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Just pushed from the gate on ORD-SFO. Pretty sure we have nothing catered, which is a bummer since I had a tight connection and needed to quickly dip into the UC to sync my devices and make a quick call. I had no idea there was no food until I had boarded, was planning that the lunch on this flight would be my first food of the day.

Oh well... now I wait to see what compensation is offered! But I won't get my hopes up :/
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Wow, but also surprised it doesn't happen more frequently...
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by BOISJC744
Oh well... now I wait to see what compensation is offered! But I won't get my hopes up :/
I'm guessing I am on the ORD-SFO that left before you. We got the "sorry for the inconvenience" slip that sends you to the website.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.1MM | Marriott Lifetime Titanium | National EE
Originally Posted by EnvoyBoy
I'm guessing I am on the ORD-SFO that left before you. We got the "sorry for the inconvenience" slip that sends you to the website.
I'm on 1847 (3:22 departure).
Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by BOISJC744
I'm on 1847 (3:22 departure).
Scheduled 12:15
Actual 2:03
Old Jan 12, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by milepig
The few INTL flights I checked either left on time or are showing as "on schedule" surely they won't leave with just water and soda on board. Different caterer?
My wife's flight this morning was told it affected narrow-body AC only. Problem was that the old caterer didn't leave the bins, or carts were the wrong size, something vaguely like that.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:06 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
If I ever find out my plane was delayed due to loading of airline food, I will throw limes at Willis tower until they take me away.

Frequent travelers carry snack bars, btw.

In Terminal C right now and the Board looks like the usual 2-3 red flight delays per page , nothing noteworthy.

Last edited by LaserSailor; Jan 12, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.