Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is DYKWIA stories (Traveling on United Airlines)
Print Wikipost

DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Same here - I grew up going to that terminal too. After the merger walked one of those walkways for the first time in over 15 years and it was a rush of nostalgia. Heck the whole terminal itself looks about the same, and frankly holds up well. High ceilings, lots of light, spacious waiting areas.
And it has the "VOID" painting high up in the further part of the concourse. I always know I'm "home" (as in home away from home) when I see that.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
And it has the "VOID" painting high up in the further part of the concourse. I always know I'm "home" (as in home away from home) when I see that.
Seems like it should be the "Noid" from Domino's..

Old Jun 8, 2019, 10:46 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by helvetic
Aren't the bouncy walkways fun? They're like mini trampolines and always make me feel like a kid using them.
Until the arrival of the Polaris lounge, they were the best thing at SFO. Now they're a close second, but still awesome. Love those things.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
EWR two nights ago, walking past one of the A gates. I had to giggle as I heard, "Why wouldn't you hold that plane for me, you knew I was coming in on a delayed flight. Clearly you do not value my Silver Status and business. I am going to report you, whats your name?"

I had to board one gate over so I could not see the conclusion, but last I heard, "I am never going to fly your airline again. Delta will get all my business from now on."
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: UA GS (1MM), DL Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Avis CC
Originally Posted by DENflyer3
EWR two nights ago, walking past one of the A gates. I had to giggle as I heard, "Why wouldn't you hold that plane for me, you knew I was coming in on a delayed flight. Clearly you do not value my Silver Status and business. I am going to report you, whats your name?"
A bit along the same vein, years ago in the CO days, a gate I was walking by at EWR had a woman screaming at a gate agent (no idea what for) but part of her rant was "MY HUSBAND FLIES OVER FIVE THOUSAND MILES A YEAR ON CONTINENTAL!". I couldn't help but snicker loudly.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:49 am
HMO

Originally Posted by SteveHK
A bit along the same vein, years ago in the CO days, a gate I was walking by at EWR had a woman screaming at a gate agent (no idea what for) but part of her rant was "MY HUSBAND FLIES OVER FIVE THOUSAND MILES A YEAR ON CONTINENTAL!". I couldn't help but snicker loudly.
Sometimes I need to fly to the USA for work. Each leg is more than 5,000 miles...
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Originally Posted by elitefreak
I miss those at EWR . . . gave you a brief Tigger moment
I remember only using them once or twice, since they were broken every damn other time.

I had to board one gate over so I could not see the conclusion, but last I heard, "I am never going to fly your airline again. Delta will get all my business from now on."
At the beginning I was thinking, well they are making a point to do that some more now and are actually rolling out a new system to facilitate it, but then the last sentences really brought in the DYKWIA.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
I don't know that I would put this into the DYKWIA category. Pax was only stating a fact, UA doesn't terribly value Silver status (or Gold, or Plat, etc.).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by seenitall
I don't know that I would put this into the DYKWIA category. Pax was only stating a fact, UA doesn't terribly value Silver status (or Gold, or Plat, etc.).
Stating that a whole plane full of customers should be delayed because the passenger held Silver status seems very DYKWIA to me. I'm sure that Delta will welcome them, but will not delay full planes for them either.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The clear implication is UA should have held the aircraft for this extremely valuable 25k miles per year flyer. That's total DYKWIA as that term is used around here.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:56 am
HMO

Originally Posted by Kacee
The clear implication is UA should have held the aircraft for this extremely valuable 25k miles per year flyer. That's total DYKWIA as that term is used around here.
I just became Silver. Does it means they won't hold a plane for me?!?

I'll move my business to someone whom will value me, like Delta American Southwest Copa Latam KLM Aerolineas Argentinas Lloyd Aereo Boliviano oh,frock!
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Howste
Stating that a whole plane full of customers should be delayed because the passenger held Silver status seems very DYKWIA to me.
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's total DYKWIA as that term is used around here.
I read the first sentence of the initial comment [bolded by me] to be taken facetiously, and in connection with the second sentence.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by narvik
I read the first sentence of the initial comment [bolded by me] to be taken facetiously, and in connection with the second sentence.
Then I'll point out that the "statement of fact" is incorrect. UA does terribly value Silver status. *

*Note: emoticon used to show facetious comment
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Then I'll point out that the "statement of fact" is incorrect. UA does terribly value Silver status. *

*Note: emoticon used to show facetious comment
Perhaps 'value terribly' is more apt than 'terribly value'.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Stating that a whole plane full of customers should be delayed because the passenger held Silver status seems very DYKWIA to me. I'm sure that Delta will welcome them, but will not delay full planes for them either.
I'd bet Delta wouldn't even delay an empty plane for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.