Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

What's the Stupidest, Least Substantive UA-Related Thing to Complain About? [2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC

A man's suit jacket brushed against me as he was poaching F bin space to go back into Y.
It was certainly not Kiton, Brioni or Isaia. Will I get a rash?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The cutlery on a RDU-SFO flight I'm on today is from Air Canada, it has the Maple Leaves stamped on it and everything!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
I finally convinced my employer to let me get a United Club membership, just to discover that the PHX club does not have brownie brittle or those chocolate covered graham cracker things. My week is ruined.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 6:15 pm

UA has consolidated all of its gates into the "banjo" section of CLE's C Terminal. Now, it takes me at least an extra 90 seconds to get to Great Lakes Brewing upon deplaning.

Even more unfortunate for me, due the CLE de-hubbing, GLB (and every shop in the airport for that matter) closes up sometime around 7PM.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Was on today's IAD-ROC flight assigned seat 1A.... I board the plane and was told that I'm no longer sitting there because the FA is training a newly hired Flight Attendant that's right out of school... I was never told anything about the reassignment and got stuck back in E-..... I wouldn't have mind if someone told me because that makes sense that the need my seat... Nothing.... The FA was really cute so I didn't mind.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Was on today's IAD-ROC flight assigned seat 1A.... I board the plane and was told that I'm no longer sitting there because the FA is training a newly hired Flight Attendant that's right out of school... I was never told anything about the reassignment and got stuck back in E-..... I wouldn't have mind if someone told me because that makes sense that the need my seat... Nothing.... The FA was really cute so I didn't mind.
LOL - on that type of flight (actually any of the RJ/Q200) in the winter I avoid that seat / row like the plague - it can get so cold in that seat I would rather be in the back - way back...
Old Jan 9, 2016, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Seat 1A on a E-145 is a good seat if ur tall... I'm the first one on and first off since in 1k.... I felt like a jerk giving a really good looking FA a hard time. I'm a nice guy and apologized.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:28 pm

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
On my flight today Star Wars 3, Revenge of the Sith was playing and the flight ended during the final fight scene causing me to not get to see Obi Wan cut off Darth Vader's legs and throw him into a pool of lava. Pilot should have done donuts to extend the flight
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by steveo
On my flight today Star Wars 3, Revenge of the Sith was playing and the flight ended during the final fight scene causing me to not get to see Obi Wan cut off Darth Vader's legs and throw him into a pool of lava. Pilot should have done donuts to extend the flight
Hey! Spoiler alert.

Curious, was the film listed under "new releases"?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold, Starbucks Gold
United offers Private Screening of Interstellar on their equipped flights in Jan 2016.

Unfortunately the film is so long that I had to wait 2 days for my return flight to watch the last 45 minutes of the film!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 5:12 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
The tongs in the UC are set too narrow. When you pick up two cubes of cheese, they lock up and don't release. I adjusted them for UA, and compensation for my efforts were me culling the snap peas from the veggie mix.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
On the mobile app in the activity tab it shows the limited RDM's in green now - just to point out that even though you spent more money this is all the miles you get...
Old Jan 13, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by steveo
Was this on the BYOD entertainment? I've never seen it listed, I'll surely watch it next time I'm able to.

I'd be more upset about not getting to see the "in suit" Darth Vader at the end
Old Jan 14, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
On the mobile app in the activity tab it shows the limited RDM's in green now - just to point out that even though you spent more money this is all the miles you get...
I'm not seeing that, so I'm gonna complain
Old Jan 14, 2016, 8:31 pm
Suspended

The FA comes to me for my PDB... I ask for a Sam Adams... His response was "what's that?"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.