FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Why Cant UA award ticket partner (codeshare/wet lease by non-*A) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1737403-why-cant-ua-award-ticket-partner-codeshare-wet-lease-non.html)

gogate99 Jan 7, 2016 9:24 pm

Why Cant UA award ticket partner (codeshare/wet lease by non-*A)

Hello FT- I know if anyone can save the day it is this group.

I was trying to book an award ticket with the last leg SK1786 CPH-TLL. It shows award availability. When I called UA they told me after much discussion they cant ticket that leg b/c the flight is only code shared by SK. It is operated by Air Nostrum for Wideroe. has any one had any success in getting such an award ticket ticketed? Thank you as always FT for any help!

mduell Jan 7, 2016 9:39 pm

Two reasons this won't work: You can only have flights operated by *A members and their affiliates (e.g. United Express, Air Japan, the various Aviancas, etc) on an award. Air Nostrum is OW, not *A, and Wideroe is unaligned. Also all flights on an award must be under their native marketing flight number, not partner codeshares.

gogate99 Jan 7, 2016 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 25981954)
Two reasons this won't work: You can only have flights operated by *A members and their affiliates (e.g. United Express, Air Japan, the various Aviancas, etc) on an award. Air Nostrum is OW, not *A, and Wideroe is unaligned. Also all flights on an award must be under their native marketing flight number, not partner codeshares.

Thank you! Do you know why it would come up as a valid award ticket

mduell Jan 7, 2016 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by gogate99 (Post 25981962)
Thank you! Do you know why it would come up as a valid award ticket

UA IT isn't known for it's robust consistency.

gogate99 Jan 8, 2016 11:46 pm

Thanks again for your help. So just to make sure I understand- no way to book that award ticket due to CPH-TLL Flight#: SK1786. Operated By Air Nostrum for Wideroe

Someone said that it is an SK flight but rather wet leased by Air Nostrum and Wideroe b/c they didnt have aircraft for this new route. Obviously the United system isnt able to understand that. So should I just assume no United Cust Service agent or even supervisor can force a booking?

Thank you as always!!

docbert Jan 9, 2016 2:44 am

Originally Posted by mduell (Post 25981954)

I'm not convinced this is a codeshare. Air Nostrum don't show an equivalent flight on their website, and Wideroe show it as a SK flight number (but "Operated by Air Nostrum")

Originally Posted by gogate99 (Post 25988503)
Someone said that it is an SK flight but rather wet leased by Air Nostrum and Wideroe b/c they didnt have aircraft for this new route.

That seems very possible, in which case you should be able to book it, as the operating carrier shouldn't matter if it's a wet lease - for all due purpose it's a real SK flight.

If all else fails, the ferry from Helsinki to Talin is a great trip... :)
(There's also ferries that run from Copenhagen, but it's obviously a longer trip)

gogate99 Jan 10, 2016 6:54 pm

THANK YOU! I talked to two UA supervisors and they say they cant ticket the CPH-TLL Segment. I wonder if I should call SAS and have UA on the phone and let the two of them work it out? Any specific talking points I should tell UA?

I do have the IAD-CPH-TLL route saved. When I go to UA the rez shows my orginally ITY along with the IAD-CPH-TLL segments- it just isnt ticketed. So I am hopeful at least the seats are being reserved?

Kacee Jan 10, 2016 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by docbert (Post 25988872)
That seems very possible, in which case you should be able to book it, as the operating carrier shouldn't matter if it's a wet lease - for all due purpose it's a real SK flight.

From what I can tell, it's a wet lease by Wideroe from Air Nostrum (then sold by SK). So still not SK . . .

Ait Nostrum - Leasing

Originally Posted by gogate99 (Post 25996866)
I do have the IAD-CPH-TLL route saved. When I go to UA the rez shows my orginally ITY along with the IAD-CPH-TLL segments- it just isnt ticketed. So I am hopeful at least the seats are being reserved?

UA has enough problems ticketing a normal SK operated flight. I wouldn't get my hopes up here.