Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking UA nonstop award inventory

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2015, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Checking UA nonstop award inventory

Is there an efficient way to check for UA award inventory between LAX & EWR across a variety of dates?

This used to be possible on the old website, but this calendar view functionality is no longer present in the new website in the same way. Now, the new calendar view shows the days with connecting award inventory even when I am explicitly searching for nonstop only.

ANA used to have the by week function - no more.

Air Canada seems to not offer nonstop only award inventory searching.
Old Dec 31, 2015, 9:18 am

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
ExpertFlyer.com
Old Dec 31, 2015, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Colin
Is there an efficient way to check for UA award inventory between LAX & EWR across a variety of dates?
No that's one of the more annoying bugs on the new website. Not to mention that the calendar has become completely unreliable - the colors are not reliable indicators of actual availability. You have to actually check each date.

Not to mention that UA opens close to zero saver award seats (economy or BF) on ps these days.

Originally Posted by Billiken
ExpertFlyer.com
Doesn't show XN or IN. Those can only be searched on united.com.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 2:59 pm

Is there another discussion on this?

I am trying to identify the nonstop saver awards for EWR-YVR. If there are none then tell me there's none. My schedule is very flexible. I can go tomorrow, next week or next month but I want nonstop. Show me just the nonstop!

I check the nonstop only box and clear the 1 and 2 stop boxes and it automatically resets to all flights.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kacee
Not to mention that the calendar has become completely unreliable - the colors are not reliable indicators of actual availability. You have to actually check each date.
The old site was just as unreliable. I booked multiple awards on dates that the calendar claimed had nothing available.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I blogged about the issue several times and filled out the feedback form on this critical issue to no avail:
http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/71554

It's the most bizarre takeaway of functionality from the old CO site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.