Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 16, 2:24 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: l'etoile
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 24, 16, 6:06 pm
  #811  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Posts: 6,408
UA862 HKG-SFO for 25JUL now delayed 8 hours. Same equipment that had to dump fuel & return to HKG yesterday. Looks like I have a seat on UA2083 at least
kirkwoodj is online now  
Old Jul 24, 16, 6:07 pm
  #812  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Shanghai (PVG/SHA)
Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Posts: 680
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
UA862 HKG-SFO for 25JUL now delayed 8 hours. Same equipment that had to dump fuel & return to HKG yesterday. Looks like I have a seat on UA2083 at least
Meh, I see that you just got to the airport? So much for wishing you a nice flight just a few mins ago good luck, I'm now in the boarding queue and we should be boarding soon!
ellyse is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 7:16 pm
  #813  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Posts: 8,144
UA 895 for 7/24 B772 flying ORD-HKG, departed ORD on time and is now over Alaska and is diverting at this time to SFO where it will ultimately cancel due to MX. That plane flies HKG - SIN SIN-HKG so those flights are now naturally cancelled due to MX

I mean, that has to really suck being nearly half way to Hong Kong and having to divert which in and of itself will wind up taking a few hours.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Jul 24, 16 at 7:29 pm
DL2SXM is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 7:35 pm
  #814  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/HKG/SIN - United 1K MM / SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 5,036
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
UA 895 for 7/24 B772 flying ORD-HKG, departed ORD on time and is now over Alaska and is diverting at this time to SFO where it will ultimately cancel due to MX. That plane flies HKG - SIN SIN-HKG so those flights are now naturally cancelled due to MX

I mean, that has to really suck being nearly half way to Hong Kong and having to divert which in and of itself will wind up taking a few hours.
Really a messy situation for the Hong Kong flights. Two days in a row for UA 895. Not to mention the issues with 869/862.
kluau88 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 7:38 pm
  #815  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SRQ, PDX
Programs: UA 1 MM
Posts: 603
Originally Posted by kluau88 View Post
Really a messy situation for the Hong Kong flights. Two days in a row for UA 895. Not to mention the issues with 869/862.
UA 869 SFO-HKG departed more than an hour late today, for the fifth time in past week. I am so looking forward to this flight Friday
artvandalay is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 7:41 pm
  #816  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Posts: 8,144
Originally Posted by kluau88 View Post
Really a messy situation for the Hong Kong flights. Two days in a row for UA 895. Not to mention the issues with 869/862.
looks like there are plenty of hotel rooms in the SFO area. the 895 pax will have been in the air for over 10 hours, hopefully things go smoothly on the ground
DL2SXM is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 7:50 pm
  #817  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: UA GS 4MM
Posts: 577
And another line of horribly timed T-storms has ORD in a mess tonight. Basically all evening Europe departures look to be 3-4 hours late (at least). I flew in on 836 from PVG at 4:30 and fortunately was just ahead of them...
JDT1955 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 8:09 pm
  #818  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Coast, Best Coast
Programs: Flying whoever is most convenient
Posts: 15,351
Flight aware is seeming to suggest that 895 will continue from SFO with a new frame around 10:45pm tonight with a 3:30am HKG arrival.
PV_Premier is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 8:28 pm
  #819  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Posts: 6,408
Not gonna matter if there are new seats & pyjamas if we never get anywhere. This is a massive amount of failures on intercontinental flights.
kirkwoodj is online now  
Old Jul 24, 16, 8:28 pm
  #820  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/HKG/SIN - United 1K MM / SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 5,036
Originally Posted by PV_Premier View Post
Flight aware is seeming to suggest that 895 will continue from SFO with a new frame around 10:45pm tonight with a 3:30am HKG arrival.
Not happening. Extra sector tomorrow UA 2096 departing at 1000.
kluau88 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 9:22 pm
  #821  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: LGB
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 387
Originally Posted by DL2SXM View Post
Sunday rolls in and so do the cancellations, so far not a good day for the B777's:

951 BRU-IAD B777 Severe Weather in network. Yesterday's outbound was cancelled due to weather, very suspect at this one.
My brother was supposed to be on this one Sunday after flying MNL-IST-BRU on TK, then BRU-IAD-FAY on UA (all one one UA Global First Award). He was rescheduled for tomorrow (7/25) UA BRU-IAD-FAY. UA 951 is delayed again tomorrow out of BRU (if the inbound ever even leaves IAD tonight) and will likely misconnect in IAD. It doesn't look like he'll get to FAY until at least early Tuesday. Unbelievable.
lateacher is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 9:26 pm
  #822  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 1,602
UA 837 SFO-NRT Sat Jul 23, 2016

"Canceled due to catering difficulties"? Seriously?
Quokka is offline  
Old Jul 24, 16, 9:44 pm
  #823  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/HKG/SIN - United 1K MM / SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 5,036
7/25 UA 862 HKG-SFO (N120UA) estimated departure at 1930, 8 hours late and estimated arrival at 1611, 6 hours 56 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

My guess is this frame which caused yesterday's cancel still isn't fixed.

7/25 UA 2083 HKG-SFO (N118UA), the extra sector still showing on time departure at 1230.
kluau88 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 16, 5:50 am
  #824  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Posts: 8,144
Originally Posted by kluau88 View Post
7/25 UA 862 HKG-SFO (N120UA) estimated departure at 1930, 8 hours late and estimated arrival at 1611, 6 hours 56 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

My guess is this frame which caused yesterday's cancel still isn't fixed.

7/25 UA 2083 HKG-SFO (N118UA), the extra sector still showing on time departure at 1230.
its now 7:47 PM in Hong Kong, doesn't look like 862 is even taxiing yet, at least according to ua.com. flightaware for whatever reason shows the plane somewhere over the Pacific Ocean.

UA just updated the departure time, now the delay was extended to a 8:20 PM departure, nearly 9 hours late.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Jul 25, 16 at 5:56 am
DL2SXM is offline  
Old Jul 25, 16, 5:54 am
  #825  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Posts: 8,144
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
UA 837 SFO-NRT Sat Jul 23, 2016

"Canceled due to catering difficulties"? Seriously?
I saw this one and I was like, an international flight, on a 747 nonetheless, cancels for this reason? How does UA allow this to happen?
DL2SXM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread