Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

    Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 28, 16, 2:24 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: l'etoile
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 15, 16, 7:35 am
  #766  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: SIN/BOS
Programs: OZ Diamond Plus
Posts: 948
744 fleet today...

UA858 7/15 PVG-SFO 744 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

UA893 7/14 SFO-ICN 744 delayed 5 hours due to late inbound
UA892 7/15 ICN-SFO 744 delayed 5 hours due to late inbound
UA892 7/16 ICN-SFO 744 delayed 3 hours 20 min due to operational difficulties (although the inbound still shows an on time arrival)
truncated is offline  
Old Jul 15, 16, 9:33 am
  #767  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: YYZ most of the time
Programs: AC SE100K MM, UA*1K, Princess Elite
Posts: 3,798
Originally Posted by truncated View Post
744 fleet today...

UA858 7/15 PVG-SFO 744 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

UA893 7/14 SFO-ICN 744 delayed 5 hours due to late inbound
UA892 7/15 ICN-SFO 744 delayed 5 hours due to late inbound
UA892 7/16 ICN-SFO 744 delayed 3 hours 20 min due to operational difficulties (although the inbound still shows an on time arrival)
The crew that operated UA893/14 likely operates UA892/16 and has minimum rest requirements. The 8pm delayed departure of UA892/16 brings their rest to almost 24hrs.
yyz_atc_qq is offline  
Old Jul 17, 16, 1:26 pm
  #768  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: STL
Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
Posts: 335
UA819 IAH-EZE on 7/16 is now on the way with a delay of 13hours.
Originally scheduled using ship 3904, for some reason changed to ship 3913 which just came in this morning.
Juventini is offline  
Old Jul 17, 16, 2:07 pm
  #769  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SFO/HKG/SIN - United 1K MM / SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 5,036
7/15 UA 851 ORD-PEK (N127UA) departed at 1418, 1 hour 23 minutes late and arrived at 1621, 1 hour 6 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

7/15 UA 857 SFO-PVG (N107UA) departed at 2154, 8 hours 4 minutes late and arrived at 0100, 7 hours 35 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance. I believe they were trying to ferry a 744 in from ORD, but it went mech.

7/15 UA 888 SFO-PEK (N118UA) departed at 1529, 4 hours 14 minutes late and arrived at 1824, 4 hours 4 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

7/16 UA 58 SFO-FRA (N116UA) departed at 1720, 3 hours 15 minutes late and arrived at 1251, 2 hours 56 minutes late due to aircraft preparation.

7/17 UA 869 SFO-HKG (N181UA) estimated departure at 1800, 4 hours 10 minutes late and estimated arrival at 2300, 4 hours 20 minutes late due to late inbound.
kluau88 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 16, 2:53 pm
  #770  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: UA GS 4MM
Posts: 577
And continuing the SF theme, UA1 SFO-SIN departed at 12:27 this morning, 1:32 late, posting a similarly late arrival. While no delay is good, I'm perversely encouraged that this flight can take a 90 minute hit without the crew timing out.
JDT1955 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 16, 4:25 pm
  #771  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: NYC (Primarily EWR)
Programs: UA 1K / *G; Le Club Accor Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Hertz PC
Posts: 6,453
Originally Posted by kluau88 View Post
7/15 UA 851 ORD-PEK (N127UA) departed at 1418, 1 hour 23 minutes late and arrived at 1621, 1 hour 6 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

7/15 UA 857 SFO-PVG (N107UA) departed at 2154, 8 hours 4 minutes late and arrived at 0100, 7 hours 35 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance. I believe they were trying to ferry a 744 in from ORD, but it went mech.

7/15 UA 888 SFO-PEK (N118UA) departed at 1529, 4 hours 14 minutes late and arrived at 1824, 4 hours 4 minutes late due to aircraft maintenance.

7/16 UA 58 SFO-FRA (N116UA) departed at 1720, 3 hours 15 minutes late and arrived at 1251, 2 hours 56 minutes late due to aircraft preparation.

7/17 UA 869 SFO-HKG (N181UA) estimated departure at 1800, 4 hours 10 minutes late and estimated arrival at 2300, 4 hours 20 minutes late due to late inbound.
Are these all 744 flights? It seems like UA's remaining Queens of the Skies are struggling this summer...
PsiFighter37 is offline  
Old Jul 17, 16, 7:00 pm
  #772  
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: A3*G, AA-Exec, DL, UA*S, AS
Posts: 172
7/17 UA837 SFO-NRT diverted to ANC. Not sure what the reason is as of yet.
swgsword is offline  
Old Jul 18, 16, 10:42 am
  #773  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: ORD
Programs: UA GS 4MM
Posts: 577
Originally Posted by swgsword View Post
7/17 UA837 SFO-NRT diverted to ANC. Not sure what the reason is as of yet.
Only on ground 78 minutes before continuing on to NRT, arriving 2:50 late. Maybe a medical issue? Hard to imagine any mx issue getting resolved that quickly...
JDT1955 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 16, 2:51 pm
  #774  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 725
7/18 UA107 MUC-IAD diverted to RIC

Anyone know if this will continue to IAD or will the crew likely time out?
whistler814 is offline  
Old Jul 18, 16, 4:31 pm
  #775  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston
Programs: UA GS 2MM, QFF Platinum, HH Diamond, HawaiianMiles
Posts: 6,406
7/18 UA179 EWR-HKG mx delay 3:30 so far (2-class 772)
kirkwoodj is online now  
Old Jul 18, 16, 6:06 pm
  #776  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: EWR, BDL
Posts: 4,463
The 763 (Tail 6442) that had the fuel leak and diverted to EDI is finally repaired. Ferried to ORD today as FLT 2170 and is currently operating FLT 909 to AMS.
JOSECONLSCREW28 is offline  
Old Jul 19, 16, 10:19 am
  #777  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SFO/JFK/MGA
Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVPG75K, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
Posts: 1,946
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28 View Post
The 763 (Tail 6442) that had the fuel leak and diverted to EDI is finally repaired. Ferried to ORD today as FLT 2170 and is currently operating FLT 909 to AMS.
and:

United Flight 2170

Status: Delayed due to a late inbound aircraft arrival (Arrived Gate 53 Minutes Late)

At least UA is consistent in it's truths - or lack there of.
zoegksf is offline  
Old Jul 19, 16, 11:31 am
  #778  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: ORF, RIC
Programs: UA 1K 2MM; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum
Posts: 3,179
Originally Posted by whistler814 View Post
7/18 UA107 MUC-IAD diverted to RIC

Anyone know if this will continue to IAD or will the crew likely time out?
An obvious answer is yes because RIC does not have immigration/customs facility. I guess that it might be weather related.
Kmxu is online now  
Old Jul 20, 16, 9:17 pm
  #779  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Amsterdam
Programs: MileagePlus GS
Posts: 352
UA946 on July 19th IAD-AMS diverted and returned to the gate. 763 number 6455. Flight was cancelled due to maintenance.

Subsequent flight UA908 AMS-ORD cancelled the next day due to lack of plane and maintenance of 6455.

Obviously no spare 763 or alternatives at an UA hub. Quite sad actually.

Just another day in the UA international operations that demonstrates how unreliable UA had become.
texas gold is offline  
Old Jul 21, 16, 2:47 am
  #780  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Floating around
Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Posts: 8,171
UA1 (SFO-SIN) cancelled for maintenance.

After sitting on the plane for 2.5 hours they announced it was cancelled and a special segment tomorrow departing at 945pm is being added.

I've said it before and I will say it again...I *HATE* the 787. It is a piece of crap airplane that breaks down constantly. I try to avoid these planes at all costs but my company put me on the non-stop and I was happy to try it.

I'm glad I'm moving to SIN. I will never fly this flight again.

And on top of it, SFO-PVG cancelled earlier today. I was told that for that flight they only had 30 hotel rooms to give out to an entire 747. Guess how many were available for SFO-SIN pax? ZERO. We all got a form telling us we can get $200 refund if we mail in our receipts.

It's 145am in SFO and I have no hotel room as you can't book a hotel room for "last night" on any website and the Marriott Plat line is still not answering after 20 minutes on hold.

-RM
RobOnLI is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread