Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2015 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1641747-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
IAH-FRA July 2

It was a very minor delay (30 min), UA 46, IAH-FRA, but due to paperwork. We were ready to depart on time. The pilot made an announcement. The reason for delay on App was due to "preparation." We arrived later due to unavailability of gate at FRA even though the plane landed on time. This was another half hour waiting.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
UA840 SYD-LAX July 4th has returned to SYD after a bird strike this morning...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...edium=Facebook
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by simong

Person who wrote the story must've not known the flight changed to a 787 months ago.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Person who wrote the story must've not known the flight changed to a 787 months ago.
Normally the people who wrote these stories couldn't tell the difference between a Cessna 172 and an A380.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC

I always wonder what 'dumping fuel' entails - it certainly doesn't seem environmentally friendly (yes, I know that people's lives are more important) - just wondering if it literally means they are dropping jet kerosene out of the tanks?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by truncated

UA924 7/1 IAD-LHR 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA919 7/2 LHR-IAD 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
I was on the 924. It was a mess. The scheduled departure was 10:10 pm, and they cancelled the flight after 3 am. Some passengers got the cancellation notice on the United APP before captain came on the PA with the official notice. One agent dealing with a sold out flight passengers to arrange rebooking. I waited until GS desk opened at 4:30 am to get my rebooking and hotel room details. Finally got into the hotel at 5:30 am. We got out on the rescheduked flight on July 2nd at 7 pm.

I hate to see what happened to UA 919 on July 2nd. Hope the passengers did not suffer as much as we did.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:13 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I always wonder what 'dumping fuel' entails - it certainly doesn't seem environmentally friendly (yes, I know that people's lives are more important) - just wondering if it literally means they are dropping jet kerosene out of the tanks?
yes --
Wikipedia - Fuel Dumping
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by truncated
As expected UA838 did not make the curfew:
UA838 6/29 NRT-SFO 744 cancelled due to operational disruptions that are impacting flight operations

Also UA48 cancelled for the second day in a row:

UA48 6/28 EWR-BOM 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA49 6/29 BOM-EWR 772 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

Pretty ridiculous streak going on here but oh well moving along...
Ah no wonder my ua48 6/30 was a chaotic oversell situation

They were offering $200 voucher during olci and then it left 90 min late due to a broken lav. *A livery PMCO 777.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 8:59 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

And the Sydney Morning Herald version: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/united-air...04-gpxyy6.html
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:04 pm

And 840 is now canceled.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Pilot comes on and says, sorry folks we have an issue and will start dumping fuel. We're diverting to X. You'll see what looks like smoke coming off the wings...that,s the feul we need to jettison before we get to X.

Basically a lot of vapor spewing out of little doors from the top of the wings.

My only experience was over Arctic Ocean in 747 when Mr. JApan CEO in 1B decides he has a right to smoke in the lavatory on an F ticket. AFter 2nd time and reserve pilot confronting him as he was berating the purser (pre 9/11)...crew tied him to a seat. Pilot told us we were diverting to ANC and about 9 hours of feul was dumped from pt. barrow down to ANchorage...plumes of white vapor exiting the top of the wings for 45 minutes. Outside of F and C lower deck...no one was told why.

Btw. Landed in ANC. Police storm on board through F door and drag mr CEO from the plane and proceed to take statements from crew and everyone in F. WE refuel and Marshall on to NRT where UA held the flights with the most connects...inc. BKK and we arrived around 2:30am. Global op didn't miss a beat as still plenty of time to RON the plane and get it going for the 7am departure...those we're the days!
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
Originally Posted by og
And the Sydney Morning Herald version: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/united-air...04-gpxyy6.html
Nine network news here in NSW carried a detailed story tonight on UA 840 bird strike today, complete with passenger's video of fuel dump and photos of what looked like blood stained engine cowling and subsequent photos of engine minus cowling. Follow up interviews of disembarking UA 840 PAX were uniformly extremely positive of UA flight crew for the very professional, reassuring and supportive way in which they handled the ensuing emergency landing. In the end a good outcome to a critical event during take off and kudos to the UA crew for their handling of the situation.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA121 BCN-EWR 764 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:41 am

Programs: UA SP, DL SM MM, AS 75K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond.
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
The written story is all referencing 787. The newscast clip refers to a "triple 7".

Today's media mantra is "better to be first, than to be right".
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by cfischer
UA121 BCN-EWR 764 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Because the inbound UA140 IAD-BCN on 7/3 got delayed 8 hours and eventually cancelled due to maintenance.

Something is not right with the 767 / TATL fleet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.