Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: l etoile
2015 thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1641747-consolidated-delayed-cancelled-international-flights-2015-a.html
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, DL Plat, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Juventini
A direct result of diversion of EZE-IAH flight mentioned above. Supposed to use ship 3011
Ah good to know. Figured something was up but couldn't find out by the app. (By checking where the aircraft came from)
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plat, SPG/M P75 and few from CC
A little bit off topic but sounds irony: the 747 flight HNL-SFO last night was cancelled due to MX. Poor HNL ground people...

Originally Posted by transportprof
During Christmas week, it's entirely possible that there are more premium pax flying between Silicon Valley and Hawaii than there are business travelers going to HKG.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
A little bit off topic but sounds irony: the 747 flight HNL-SFO last night was cancelled due to MX. Poor HNL ground people...
Looks like it is headed out tonight.

UA 2114 HNL-SFO (N128UA) departing at 2230 and arriving at 0514.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
There are far worse places to be stuck? A few years back in Kona we were 10 minutes away from the crew timing out and hoping we'd have an extra night, when they threw us on with a "take any seat for now" and off we went.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:35 am

If was able to secure a hotel room

Originally Posted by milepig
There are far worse places to be stuck? A few years back in Kona we were 10 minutes away from the crew timing out and hoping we'd have an extra night, when they threw us on with a "take any seat for now" and off we went.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:14 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Flight turned around on the way to PTY from IAH

1.5 hours in Captain said a light turned on in the cockpit and he had to turn around. Back in Houston now. Switched to another 737 and about to leave. Will arrive at 4 am now.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by slickvik
1.5 hours in Captain said a light turned on in the cockpit and he had to turn around. Back in Houston now. Switched to another 737 and about to leave. Will arrive at 4 am now.
sounds like a good idea. You don't want to be on an airplane that your pilots don't want to be on.

FAB
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a DL ATL-MUC flight a few years ago that turned back as we crossed Nova Scotia over the Atlantic (about 3 hours in). Pilot said one of the hydraulic systems was out and didn't want to cross the Atlantic in that state. Originally they were going to divert to JFK, but ended up going all the way back to ATL. They put us up in hotels and added an second flight the following day. That was the longest flight to nowhere that I've ever been on.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by freshairborne
sounds like a good idea. You don't want to be on an airplane that your pilots don't want to be on.

FAB
still haven't left because they need a new crew. I am regretting not changing my flight to IAH-POS nonstop for tomorrow now. Apparently the fault was with air conditioning. New arrival time 5 am. Hopefully we get some united.com/appreciation out of this. So far they're only offering snickers
Old Dec 29, 2016, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
anyone knows what happened to this one:
UA857 12/28 SFO-PVG 789 delayed 2h due to air traffic control conditions (?!)
Old Dec 30, 2016, 8:53 am

UA 200 from GUM to HNL. delayed 9.5 hours due to operational difficulties. what the hell! has anyone received compensation from UA? as far as I know you're eligible for 400% of ticket cost upto 1300 for delays past 2 hours. anyone ever collected? this is my first trip taking actual UA metal. usually book partner flights and have always had great experiences
​​​​​​
Old Dec 30, 2016, 11:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by chops
as far as I know you're eligible for 400% of ticket cost up to 1300 for delays past 2 hours.
​​​​​​
Is that some type of law specific for flight departures from Guam? Do you have a link for it?
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by chops
UA 200 from GUM to HNL. delayed 9.5 hours due to operational difficulties. what the hell! has anyone received compensation from UA? as far as I know you're eligible for 400% of ticket cost upto 1300 for delays past 2 hours. anyone ever collected? this is my first trip taking actual UA metal. usually book partner flights and have always had great experiences
​​​​​​
I believe you're referring to the compensation due in the U.S. if you are involuntarily denied boarding (when, due to an oversale, the airline cannot accommodate you on your confirmed flight). There is no mandatory compensation for flight delays or cancellations of any kind in U.S. law, other than a right to a full refund of any ticket if you refuse to fly.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 3:42 pm

+1

Looks like ship 2372 went mx at NRT.
UA had ferried ship 2477 UA 2131 to GUM.

Originally Posted by findark
I believe you're referring to the compensation due in the U.S. if you are involuntarily denied boarding (when, due to an oversale, the airline cannot accommodate you on your confirmed flight). There is no mandatory compensation for flight delays or cancellations of any kind in U.S. law, other than a right to a full refund of any ticket if you refuse to fly.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
IAH-RTB was delayed today, causing a significant delay on the return and causing, I'd guess, a fair number of misconnects at IAH unless immigration was really speedy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.