Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by findark
UX catering? Sounds suspiciously like that awful-looking ham-and-jelly roll they were serving a few pages back.
You are correct. I didn't go far enough back in the chain but it looks like this is a "known" food item http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27292000-post685.html

I'm still unsure as to what its called though! Sweet, crumbly roll cut lengthwise, jam added to the inside and then a single slice of Buddig ham as the protein. Weird weird weird.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
When I had it on an E175 flight, the FA just said "breakfast sandwich". Fool me once...

As long as the McDonald's at Concourse B in DEN continues to serve the bagel sandwich, I don't care what they serve me on the flight.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
When I had it on an E175 flight, the FA just said "breakfast sandwich". Fool me once...

As long as the McDonald's at Concourse B in DEN continues to serve the bagel sandwich, I don't care what they serve me on the flight.
Perhaps its just a sign of changing times. Phase out of the Jeff McMuffin and this is Oscar's Ham Surprise although I'm sure FT can come up with something catchier!
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:25 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
My bologna has a first name, it is O-S-C-A-R....

I probably shouldn't be giving them any ideas
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by limey1K
CRJ7 aircraft mid-con UAX flight, breakfast timeframe

UA5591 11/7/16

To clarify, the pic shows the "sandwich" cut in half. Actual size of the sandwich was probably 4" x 2.5" prior to being cut.
This is why it's a cold sandwich, really doesn't matter, just a bad idea.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 12:36 am

The breakfast offerings for RON aircraft on United Express flights are provisioned at the hub. It's all shelf-stable food that the FA unwraps and makes look more-presentable on the plate.
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
10/27 UA241 ORD-SEA
Lunch, Tandori Chicken

Lemon Sorbet

10/31 UA278 SEA-ORD
Lunch, Choice of Salmon or ShortRib
ShortRib

Lemon Sorbet

The FA hopped around taking orders in order by status I assume. Most people ordered Salmon and didnt want the beef. I dont like seafood. At least 3 people ended up with the chicken wrap from the back
Old Nov 9, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
11/5 UA519 ORD-LAS
Lunch, "Chicken and Veggies"

Warm Cookie

11/7 UA640 LAS-ORD
Lunch, Choice of Roast Beef Sandwich or Chicken Salad
Chicken Salad

Warm (ice cold in middle) Cookie
Old Nov 10, 2016, 10:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Impressed by the breakfast on UA 1649 this morning, BOS>SFO on a p.s.-config 752. They've done some tinkering to the quiche, which used to be rubbery and/or pillowy, but now has the consistency of actual eggs. The potatoes were moist, the asparagus was tasty, the fruit was ripe, and the cinnamon bun wasn't rock hard.

The sausage was a bit tough, but otherwise it was a solid A.

Old Nov 10, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
IAD-MEX Business Class no vegetarian meal

I'm a little tired of the fact that United Airlines has no premium
Cabin special meals on shorthaul flights and occasionally (like my flight to Mexico tonight) neither of the std choices are vegetarian.

American and Delta are way ahead on this one.

I will say that the flight attendants are really really nice!!

Last edited by kv99; Nov 10, 2016 at 3:43 pm
Old Nov 10, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
KV99 - agree with the complaint and that the FA's are uniformly gracious about it. I just feel sorry for them that UA puts them in the position of apologizing.

Make sure you submit that comment if you get the post-flight survey; I always have. Even if they won't allow pre-ordering special meals, at a minimum it would be great if they designed the meals so the flight attendants could at least easily offer a variation of the options that are vegetarian/vegan - i.e., have one large salad on one option, or a bed of veggie couscous with meat not already on top, etc.
Old Nov 10, 2016, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA1MM*GL/1K, AA, BnVy PlatL, HH Silver,
Originally Posted by kv99
I'm a little tired of the fact that United Airlines has no premium
Cabin special meals on shorthaul flights and occasionally (like my flight to Mexico tonight) neither of the std choices are vegetarian.

American and Delta are way ahead on this one.

I will say that the flight attendants are really really nice!!
Yep, and the best option is to just book with AA or DL. With AA pre-ordering, I've yet to find that one of the meal choices isn't meatless. Even if I forget, hey always seem to have 1 meat and 1 vegetarian option. They also seem to offer choices that don't always involve a pasta.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 9:52 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
The tandoori chicken upthread looks quite tasty.
Old Nov 11, 2016, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
The tandoori chicken upthread looks quite tasty.
Confession: it's pretty damn good!
Old Nov 12, 2016, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
EWR->ORD 3PM
First on 3-cabin 767

Warm nuts served with choice of beverage (except Glenfarclas, which once again apparently wasn't boarded ).

Choice of hamburger or a Salad with chicken.

Burger was decent, but not great. Cookie served at the same time as the meal. Service was meh.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.