Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old Feb 18, 16, 4:37 pm
  #106  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Morris County, NJ
Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,686
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
FLL-ORD Breakfast

Always appreciate and enjoy the large fruit plate.

Bread Pudding-type of breakfast entree is too sweet for me
The french toast souffle.... my favorite UA breakfast!

Well, that and the old Honey Nut Cheerios on CO. Was always my favorite breakfast - Cheerios, a banana and some yogurt. Good times.
dmurphynj is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 4:40 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Programs: UA Platinum Marriott Platinum
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by dmurphynj View Post
The french toast souffle.... my favorite UA breakfast!

Well, that and the old Honey Nut Cheerios on CO. Was always my favorite breakfast - Cheerios, a banana and some yogurt. Good times.
Couldn't agree more. French toast soufflé is awesome
krentzie is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 6:28 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,219
The French Toast Souffle is good and better than the French Toast Strata at AA.
kmersh is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 8:24 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH View Post
Yup, AFAIK, the Moscow Mules are not catered in the F cart, they're in the coach carts (at least that's the impression I get every time I've ordered one). Sounds like a FA who's created her own policy or is too lazy to retrieve from coach cabin.
Mixed luck for me as well, actually. Flew the domestic 3-class 777 SFO-IAD in the GF cabin and got the mules no problem. Flew back a few days later in the BF cabin and was denied them unless I wanted to pay. Wasn't a 1K for either of the trips, just plat.
phxrsng is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 9:45 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BOS
Programs: UA 1K, IHG RA (Spire), MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, National EE
Posts: 1,053
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F.
I believe it is relevant. You would think 1Ks have more pull than a non-status customer.

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
Well seeing as JACEWR is double catered I'm inclined to believe that there is more to the story. Did the FA tell the OP they'd have to pay or was it a matter of they didn't actually have any in Y to begin with?
At first the FA wasn't familiar with the drink. All of a sudden it clicked and she went in back to check if they had any. She came back, waved it at me, and said that they're $12.99 (or whatever they cost). I asked, "Even for a 1K in paid F?" She confirmed. I told her I didn't want it if I had to pay for it and she turned away and brought it back into coach. That was that.
TravelTheWorld66 is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 9:53 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,354
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 View Post
I believe it is relevant. You would think 1Ks have more pull than a non-status customer.



At first the FA wasn't familiar with the drink. All of a sudden it clicked and she went in back to check if they had any. She came back, waved it at me, and said that they're $12.99 (or whatever they cost). I asked, "Even for a 1K in paid F?" She confirmed. I told her I didn't want it if I had to pay for it and she turned away and brought it back into coach. That was that.
Technically, the FA might be right. UA's new 1K food and drink entitlement policy only applies to 1Ks in coach. First class cabin is not included in the language that was used to announce the program (same would apply to GS). So if one likes free Mules, it might be worth foregoing an upgrade.
transportprof is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 11:59 pm
  #112  
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 17,501
Originally Posted by krentzie View Post
Couldn't agree more. French toast soufflé is awesome
+1. Had it this morning on ORD-LAS and it was great.
iluv2fly is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 9:41 am
  #113  
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, GE/TSAPre
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by transportprof View Post
Technically, the FA might be right. UA's new 1K food and drink entitlement policy only applies to 1Ks in coach. First class cabin is not included in the language that was used to announce the program (same would apply to GS). So if one likes free Mules, it might be worth foregoing an upgrade.
Has anyone tried seeing what 1K voice replies about this? Given the lack of consistency apparently all around with the mule it would just be interesting to know what the "actual" policy is (even though clearly implementation is going to vary regardless).
phxrsng is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 10:08 am
  #114  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,311
Originally Posted by phxrsng View Post
Has anyone tried seeing what 1K voice replies about this? Given the lack of consistency apparently all around with the mule it would just be interesting to know what the "actual" policy is (even though clearly implementation is going to vary regardless).
The actual policy applies to all passengers in F regardless of status. FA's are to honor requests for the premium beverages just as any other drink request during the F service. 1K or Kettle, if you are in F, they are comp'd.
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 10:29 am
  #115  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Posts: 6,354
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
The actual policy applies to all passengers in F regardless of status. FA's are to honor requests for the premium beverages just as any other drink request during the F service. 1K or Kettle, if you are in F, they are comp'd.
Where is this written? Is it accessible to civilians like the GS/IK food and bev comp policy in Y? Having a printout could help in certain situations.
transportprof is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 3:46 pm
  #116  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: DEN
Programs: UA GS
Posts: 1,350
flying tomorrow 6:15am YYC-DEN 737-800; 2:39 block time so clearly within meal policy, but listed as snack flight.
3 weeks ago was same thing and only snack was served not a display error.
Has UA gone down the Smisek route again?
Plane-is-home is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 4:19 pm
  #117  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,371
2/18 ua1572 bos-sfo

For the second time this year an RPU has cleared! I got the beef short rib with rice option, which was pretty decent. For desert there was a lemon sorbet instead of the traditional vanilla ice cream which I liked as well.
JHake10 is online now  
Old Feb 19, 16, 5:28 pm
  #118  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,954
Originally Posted by JHake10 View Post
For the second time this year an RPU has cleared! I got the beef short rib with rice option, which was pretty decent. For desert there was a lemon sorbet instead of the traditional vanilla ice cream which I liked as well.
Congrats on your RPU u/g! This route is tough to clear.
Was that a lunch or dinner flight your got the sorbet for dessert?
cesco.g is offline  
Old Feb 19, 16, 6:35 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SFO
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Posts: 1,371
Originally Posted by cesco.g View Post
Congrats on your RPU u/g! This route is tough to clear.
Was that a lunch or dinner flight your got the sorbet for dessert?
The flight had a scheduled departure of 3:58 PM EST. I think that qualifies for lunch.
JHake10 is online now  
Old Feb 19, 16, 7:30 pm
  #120  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Posts: 9,954
Yes, it looks like sorbet seems to be a lunch dessert, ice cream the dinner one.
cesco.g is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: