Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old Feb 9, 16, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
IAH-FLL 2-hour dinner flight

Old Feb 9, 16, 8:56 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
What the heck is that glob after the salad pic and prior to the cookie photo?
Old Feb 10, 16, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfo View Post
What the heck is that glob after the salad pic and prior to the cookie photo?
slices of beef.
Asian beef salad.

It was hard to chew.
Old Feb 10, 16, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
DEN-PIT
UA 648
A320
10:02a-3:00a (sked)
10:55a-3:40p (actual)
February 10, 2016
Lunch

Not sure what the equipment problem was today as the inbound from BWI was scheduled to arrive at 10:10a, after our scheduled departure time.

Lunch choices of Fiesta Chicken Bowl or Peppered Salmon Salad. My Fiesta Chicken Bowl.

Was initially confused by what appeared to be a starter. Ahi?

Oh, now I get it. Salsa and avocado for the chicken. Was actually pretty good once I dumped it on the chicken and mixed it in.

After the chicken, I dumped the salad into the large dish which made it fit nicely. That dopey little salad bowl is way too small.

And excellent baked on board triple chocolate chip cookies. So much better than USdbaAA's pathetic "warmed on board" Chips Ahoy.

Last edited by goalie; Feb 10, 16 at 5:26 pm Reason: Off topic photo and off topic comments removed
Old Feb 11, 16, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, IHG RA (Spire), MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, National EE
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA). The lack of clarity regarding this drink is frustrating. Also, no warm towel. Warm mixed nuts were served though.

The choice of lunch was ravioli or pastrami sandwich. I chose the ravioli. It came with a random pepper on a plate, some cold red bliss potatoes in a plastic cup, and a tiny Godiva chocolate. Really? The cold potatoes in a plastic cup was enough, but no real dessert? I would have been happier in E+ with a Moscow mule and some Chex mix.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; Feb 11, 16 at 2:28 pm
Old Feb 11, 16, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 View Post
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA). The lack of clarity regarding this drink is frustrating. Also, no warm towel. Warm mixed nuts were served though.

The choice of lunch was ravioli or pastrami sandwich. I chose the ravioli. It came with a random pepper on a plate, some cold red bliss potatoes in a plastic cup, and a tiny Godiva chocolate. Really? The cold potatoes in a plastic cup was enough, but no real dessert? I would have been happier in E+ with a Moscow mule and some Chex mix.
Doesn't make you sound DYKWIA. Hilarious that as a 1k in economy you can get the Mule for free, but in First Class you are denied.

United really just can't get its stuff together.

And I agree the meal looks very poor. Must have been some type of mis-cater nonsense to end up with "pepper-on-a-plate" and a plastic cup of potato. I don't recall seeing this dish posted here before, so not sure how it is supposed to be...
Old Feb 11, 16, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post

Lunch choices of Fiesta Chicken Bowl or Peppered Salmon Salad. My Fiesta Chicken Bowl.
So that's what it should be called. My FA on my flight earlier called it "chicken with rice"
Old Feb 11, 16, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Doesn't make you sound DYKWIA. Hilarious that as a 1k in economy you can get the Mule for free, but in First Class you are denied.
Interesting. My last flight up front I got two Moscow Mules (1 as PDB), and the FA even mentioned that "the people that she knew who liked Moscow Mules thought that they were even better with an extra vodka" so she gave me an extra Tito's to go with the Crafthouse bottle.
Old Feb 11, 16, 6:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
Interesting. My last flight up front I got two Moscow Mules (1 as PDB), and the FA even mentioned that "the people that she knew who liked Moscow Mules thought that they were even better with an extra vodka" so she gave me an extra Tito's to go with the Crafthouse bottle.
It is wildly inconsistent. I have had the Mule up front before...actually didn't like it all that much....maybe I needed the extra vodka?
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:02 am

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by jparrott View Post
UA 3744
IAD-IAH
Saturday, January 30

3 hours on an E-175 and....no breakfast catered. I had eaten ahead of time, so no real harm for me. Others? Not so lucky. FA said it happens all the time at IAD.
Update on this one--5,000 miles given as compensation.
Old Feb 17, 16, 10:23 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 View Post
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA)..
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F. What exactly did the FA say? Not available, not able to be comp'd?
Old Feb 17, 16, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F. What exactly did the FA say? Not available, not able to be comp'd?
The "I'm a 1K" is incredibly relevant as United specifically has said that 1Ks in economy are to receive the Mule for free.
Why would a 1K in first be treated worse?
Old Feb 18, 16, 9:32 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
The "I'm a 1K" is incredibly relevant as United specifically has said that 1Ks in economy are to receive the Mule for free.
Why would a 1K in first be treated worse?
Well seeing as JACEWR is double catered I'm inclined to believe that there is more to the story. Did the FA tell the OP they'd have to pay or was it a matter of they didn't actually have any in Y to begin with?
Old Feb 18, 16, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
Yup, AFAIK, the Moscow Mules are not catered in the F cart, they're in the coach carts (at least that's the impression I get every time I've ordered one). Sounds like a FA who's created her own policy or is too lazy to retrieve from coach cabin.
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FLL-ORD Breakfast

Always appreciate and enjoy the large fruit plate.

Bread Pudding-type of breakfast entree is too sweet for me

Search this Thread
Search Engine: