Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Old Feb 9, 16, 6:30 pm
  #91  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DCA/IAD/MIA/FLL/PBI
Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Posts: 10,615
IAH-FLL 2-hour dinner flight







UA_Flyer is offline  
Old Feb 9, 16, 8:56 pm
  #92  
sfo
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Gold
Posts: 1,634
What the heck is that glob after the salad pic and prior to the cookie photo?
sfo is offline  
Old Feb 10, 16, 3:15 am
  #93  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DCA/IAD/MIA/FLL/PBI
Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Posts: 10,615
Originally Posted by sfo View Post
What the heck is that glob after the salad pic and prior to the cookie photo?
slices of beef.
Asian beef salad.

It was hard to chew.
UA_Flyer is offline  
Old Feb 10, 16, 5:17 pm
  #94  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: LAX-SNA
Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, AA LT PLT 2mm
Posts: 19,298
DEN-PIT
UA 648
A320
10:02a-3:00a (sked)
10:55a-3:40p (actual)
February 10, 2016
Lunch


Not sure what the equipment problem was today as the inbound from BWI was scheduled to arrive at 10:10a, after our scheduled departure time.

Lunch choices of Fiesta Chicken Bowl or Peppered Salmon Salad. My Fiesta Chicken Bowl.



Was initially confused by what appeared to be a starter. Ahi?



Oh, now I get it. Salsa and avocado for the chicken. Was actually pretty good once I dumped it on the chicken and mixed it in.



After the chicken, I dumped the salad into the large dish which made it fit nicely. That dopey little salad bowl is way too small.



And excellent baked on board triple chocolate chip cookies. So much better than USdbaAA's pathetic "warmed on board" Chips Ahoy.


Last edited by goalie; Feb 10, 16 at 5:26 pm Reason: Off topic photo and off topic comments removed
SFO777 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 16, 2:14 pm
  #95  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: BOS
Programs: UA 1K, IHG RA (Spire), MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, National EE
Posts: 1,053
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA). The lack of clarity regarding this drink is frustrating. Also, no warm towel. Warm mixed nuts were served though.

The choice of lunch was ravioli or pastrami sandwich. I chose the ravioli. It came with a random pepper on a plate, some cold red bliss potatoes in a plastic cup, and a tiny Godiva chocolate. Really? The cold potatoes in a plastic cup was enough, but no real dessert? I would have been happier in E+ with a Moscow mule and some Chex mix.
Attached Images  

Last edited by TravelTheWorld66; Feb 11, 16 at 2:28 pm
TravelTheWorld66 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 16, 2:53 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 View Post
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA). The lack of clarity regarding this drink is frustrating. Also, no warm towel. Warm mixed nuts were served though.

The choice of lunch was ravioli or pastrami sandwich. I chose the ravioli. It came with a random pepper on a plate, some cold red bliss potatoes in a plastic cup, and a tiny Godiva chocolate. Really? The cold potatoes in a plastic cup was enough, but no real dessert? I would have been happier in E+ with a Moscow mule and some Chex mix.
Doesn't make you sound DYKWIA. Hilarious that as a 1k in economy you can get the Mule for free, but in First Class you are denied.

United really just can't get its stuff together.

And I agree the meal looks very poor. Must have been some type of mis-cater nonsense to end up with "pepper-on-a-plate" and a plastic cup of potato. I don't recall seeing this dish posted here before, so not sure how it is supposed to be...
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 16, 3:29 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: DFW
Programs: UA, AA, DL, WN, HHonors, Marriott
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by SFO777 View Post

Lunch choices of Fiesta Chicken Bowl or Peppered Salmon Salad. My Fiesta Chicken Bowl.
So that's what it should be called. My FA on my flight earlier called it "chicken with rice"
kr777 is offline  
Old Feb 11, 16, 4:28 pm
  #98  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 7,113
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
Doesn't make you sound DYKWIA. Hilarious that as a 1k in economy you can get the Mule for free, but in First Class you are denied.
Interesting. My last flight up front I got two Moscow Mules (1 as PDB), and the FA even mentioned that "the people that she knew who liked Moscow Mules thought that they were even better with an extra vodka" so she gave me an extra Tito's to go with the Crafthouse bottle.
GBadger is offline  
Old Feb 11, 16, 6:42 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
Interesting. My last flight up front I got two Moscow Mules (1 as PDB), and the FA even mentioned that "the people that she knew who liked Moscow Mules thought that they were even better with an extra vodka" so she gave me an extra Tito's to go with the Crafthouse bottle.
It is wildly inconsistent. I have had the Mule up front before...actually didn't like it all that much....maybe I needed the extra vodka?
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Feb 17, 16, 7:02 am
  #100  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Northern VA
Programs: United 1K
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by jparrott View Post
UA 3744
IAD-IAH
Saturday, January 30

3 hours on an E-175 and....no breakfast catered. I had eaten ahead of time, so no real harm for me. Others? Not so lucky. FA said it happens all the time at IAD.
Update on this one--5,000 miles given as compensation.
jparrott is offline  
Old Feb 17, 16, 10:23 am
  #101  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,311
Originally Posted by TravelTheWorld66 View Post
What a poor lunch service from JAC-EWR. First off, I was denied a Moscow mule as a 1K in F (sorry if that sounds DYKWIA)..
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F. What exactly did the FA say? Not available, not able to be comp'd?
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Feb 17, 16, 10:59 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: DAY
Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Plat Premier (+AMB); Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Posts: 7,533
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F. What exactly did the FA say? Not available, not able to be comp'd?
The "I'm a 1K" is incredibly relevant as United specifically has said that 1Ks in economy are to receive the Mule for free.
Why would a 1K in first be treated worse?
goodeats21 is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 9:32 am
  #103  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: STL
Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Posts: 1,311
Originally Posted by goodeats21 View Post
The "I'm a 1K" is incredibly relevant as United specifically has said that 1Ks in economy are to receive the Mule for free.
Why would a 1K in first be treated worse?
Well seeing as JACEWR is double catered I'm inclined to believe that there is more to the story. Did the FA tell the OP they'd have to pay or was it a matter of they didn't actually have any in Y to begin with?
qukslvr619 is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 10:47 am
  #104  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,003
Originally Posted by qukslvr619 View Post
It does sound DYKWIA because the "I'm a 1K" irrelevant to the fact that you were in F and even though they are catered on the Y carts they are available for free to passengers in F. What exactly did the FA say? Not available, not able to be comp'd?
Yup, AFAIK, the Moscow Mules are not catered in the F cart, they're in the coach carts (at least that's the impression I get every time I've ordered one). Sounds like a FA who's created her own policy or is too lazy to retrieve from coach cabin.
IAH-OIL-TRASH is offline  
Old Feb 18, 16, 3:37 pm
  #105  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: DCA/IAD/MIA/FLL/PBI
Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS
Posts: 10,615
FLL-ORD Breakfast

Always appreciate and enjoy the large fruit plate.



Bread Pudding-type of breakfast entree is too sweet for me

UA_Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: