Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by findark
UA 727: SFO to IAD
October 9, 2016
Boeing 777-200ER (sUA 3-class), Lunch (F cabin)

October's eastbound menu is the same as July's westbound, so same food (and even seat) as last time.

Bread is pretzel roll and sorbet was lemon. The beef was again extremely tender and the meal was overall quite good. The noodle salad is pretty filling, but I think this works to my advantage going eastbound since it's hard to eat two meals after noon on a 1pm departure. I got a second roll and called it lunch and dinner
Most importantly, is the vanilla ice cream continuing it's elusive behavior?

Edited to add: Ahhh, I skipped right over the sorbet comment, so I'll take that as a yes. ;-)
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Most importantly, is the vanilla ice cream continuing it's elusive behavior?

Edited to add: Ahhh, I skipped right over the sorbet comment, so I'll take that as a yes. ;-)
Lunch is sorbets instead of ice cream, so yes so far. Both August and September were chocolate chip, which was tantalizingly misidentified almost every time by the crew as "vanilla" (although, IMO, decent and still very preferable to plain chocolate).

I have an EWR-SFO p.s. dinner flight coming up so I'm hopeful I'll find it there
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:36 pm

Programs: in C/C++, Python, SQL
UA 407
LAX - ORD
September 29, 2016

Breakfast flight, offered a choice of french toast soufflé or quiche. Remembered hearing good things about the french toast, so I had that. It was fantastic--if I were having dessert. Too much for breakfast, though. (To be fair, I didn't help things by having the cinnamon roll as well.)

Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:41 pm

UA 732
ORD - LAX
October 2, 2016

"Snack" flight, so I got to try the hamburger. Better than I expected, actually. Could have used some pickles.

Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
What time does the snack flight depart? 8:15p? I thought that was a snack basket flight.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
What time does the snack flight depart? 8:15p? I thought that was a snack basket flight.
It was scheduled at 8:27pm.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
What are the contents of late evening "Refreshments" these days?
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:13 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, AmEx Plat
IAH-CMH Oct 6th 2016 - F on E170

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to post a picture of my lunch during IAH-CMH on Oct 6th. It was on F on an E170. I got the same on the CMH-IAH going back on an E175 F, except they changed the mushroom salad for grapes. It was, of course, cold (which made it difficult to eat) but it was nice. This was the "Grilled chicken with roasted vegetables", aka the "grilled chicken with corn and carrots" option. They also had a crispy chicken salad option.

Ended up pretty full but it was no excuse for grabbing a (very) small bite at the Centurion.

EDIT: Just as a fun fact, the napkin was, in fact, the button-type one.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by diburning
What are the contents of late evening "Refreshments" these days?
Here you go.
DSC08148 by B H, on Flickr

DSC06472 by B H, on Flickr
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Scott in LA
UA 407
LAX - ORD
September 29, 2016

Breakfast flight, offered a choice of french toast soufflé or quiche. Remembered hearing good things about the french toast, so I had that. It was fantastic--if I were having dessert. Too much for breakfast, though. (To be fair, I didn't help things by having the cinnamon roll as well.)

Does anyone how how United rotates the french toast souffle / quiche vs the oatmeal / cheese omelette. I keep getting stuck with the oatmeal / cheese omelette.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
DEN-YVR on UX this past weekend, I was on one of the exceptional dinner flights (so noted because it's outside the time windows). FA offered choice between chicken wrap and Asian noodle salad with roast beef. I was in row 4 and got the last salad, when the FA took orders front to back. But then I was served the chicken wrap when he arrived because he'd messed up the delivery and given out a salad to somebody who ordered the wrap in row 3.
I have a poultry allergy, so it looked like dinner was going to be the rest of the Glenfarclas supply on the E175. But then the FA spirited two Tapas Boxes from the back, which went well with the Glenfarclas - plus some Goose IPA chasers.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by transportprof
DEN-YVR on UX this past weekend, I was on one of the exceptional dinner flights (so noted because it's outside the time windows). FA offered choice between chicken wrap and Asian noodle salad with roast beef. I was in row 4 and got the last salad, when the FA took orders front to back.
Were there a large number if GS/1K passengers on board? If not, you should have received your choice of meal as GS/1K have priority. FA's are supposed to order front to back and then prioritize in the galley.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Wayside
Were there a large number if GS/1K passengers on board? If not, you should have received your choice of meal as GS/1K have priority. FA's are supposed to order front to back and then prioritize in the galley.
No prioritization - it was friendly but chaotic service on that flight. United - Chaos Friendly.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 9:12 am

IAD-SFO UA340 3 cabin 777 seated in F cabin. Dinner flight. The salad was a nice, light mix of greens, fruit, and cheese with a light lemon vinaigrette:

For the main course we were offered either a chicken tamale, pumpkin ravioli, or a short rib in hoisin sauce. Went with the short rib:

The sides on the main looked better than they tasted. The rib had good texture, but was over-peppered.

For dessert, they brought through the ice cream cart. Chocolate chip ice cream (light on the chips), chocolate sauce, and whipped cream. No nuts or cherries offered. First world problems.

Cookies served hot about 75 minutes before landing. Really great service throughout, including two pillows (big and little) and the big puffy duvet blanket. Only thing missing vs international J was the amenity kit. For only $279 more than the last minute economy fare (which was obscenely high), this was an affirmative great experience. Even landed early.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Who caters out of CUN?

My EWR - CUN flight was typically pleasant UA breakfast with omelette and cinammon roll. BUT my CUN - EWR was disgusting. Hard, dry, overcooked chicken breast, stale roll. Passable salad. Thank goodness for the standard UA fresh cookie later.

Who makes this garbage? I assume this was catered in Mexico?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.