Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:39 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
DTW-EWR E175 8/24/16

I realize this flight was UAEX. The Amenities section of the flight status page says "Light Snack" for FC on this flight. That consisted of a basket offered by the FA with a few bags of pretzels, several cookies, and a bag of chips to choose from. Even a fruit/nut/protein bar or something that wasn't all carbs would have been nice for a 2 hour flight departing at 6:30pm. What happened to the snack boxes they used to have on the E170's?
No bananas? Typical see those.

DTW-EWR (sub-2 hours, sub-500 miles) too short for snack boxes, believe it is 2.5 hours / 800 miles for snack boxes
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Also included on the fruit plate was a bowl of cold oatmeal with a glass of milk to add to it. It was actually really good. The FA said it is only listed as "cold oatmeal", but I'd like to find it to enjoy at home. She also said this was the first morning she's ever served it.
Hopefully someone else has seen this recently? And hints on what it could be and who makes it? I've seen "overnight oats" being mentioned, but I'm trying to find a ready-made option.

I did mainline F DEN-SAN on 8/22 (A319). It was a fruit plate, Greek yogurt, and a warmed scone. It actually makes me wish they went back to the E175 for the morning flight.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Date: 8/27
IAD - LAS
UA 1818 departing at 5:35pm

Tried to take pictures but lighting was bad and didn't want to use camera flash.

Was offered beef short ribs with rice or salmon with quinoa. Mistakenly went with the short ribs.

Short ribs were extremely small and also had a mystery vegetable/fruit on top (think it might have been a banana). Standard salad with feta and strawberries.

Declined gelato for dessert in anticipation of a cookie at the end of the flight but they never made cookies! I've been on flights much shorter with cookies so not sure what happened there.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
IAD - LAS

Tried to take pictures but lighting was bad and didn't want to use camera flash.

Was offered beef short ribs with rice or salmon with quinoa. Mistakenly went with the short ribs.

Short ribs were extremely small and also had a mystery vegetable/fruit on top (think it might have been a banana). Standard salad with feta and strawberries.

Declined gelato for dessert in anticipation of a cookie at the end of the flight but they never made cookies! I've been on flights much shorter with cookies so not sure what happened there.
What happened is United's famously consistent inconsistency. That's what makes flying them a perpetual adventure - one never has the same experience twice in a row.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
IAD - LAS

Did it look like this?

If so probably the were plantains. I think it's a nod to Caribbean cuisine. They're not bad in my opinion, but nothing like you'll get in a good Jamaican restaurant.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by transportprof
What happened is United's famously consistent inconsistency. That's what makes flying them a perpetual adventure - one never has the same experience twice in a row.
Not really - IAD-LAS is not catered as a transcon - hence, two meal choices (not three) and no ice cream sundae at dinner. Also, no cookies before landing.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
IAD-LAX Breakfast

UA319 (IAD-LAX)
Breakfast flight - Entree choices included Cheerios, Cheese Quiche and Cheese Blinz

Illy Coffee - Really good

Breakfast Starters - Fruits + Cinnabon +Yogurt

Entree - Cheese Blintz

Last edited by IADFlyer123; Aug 29, 2016 at 8:42 am
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:58 am

UA856 Meals

UA856 (LAX-IAD)
Lunch Flight - Entrees included a Steak Entree, Stuffed Chicken with Yucca, Pasta

Scotch - Glenfarclas (really good)

Starter Salad (Kinda Stingy)

ENtree - Good size (Really tasty and yummy)

Dessert - Sorbet
[/url]
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Those green things they have started putting in the nuts are disgusting.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:41 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Kacee
. . . and disappeared into the galley right after dessert, never to be seen again?
Actually, in this case, perhaps because it was an international flight, the FA did walk the aisle a few times, with wine bottles in hand.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:27 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
UA856 (LAX-IAD)

Scotch - Glenfarclas (really good)

It seems they only stock four per flight. I had three yesterday between ORD and PHL. :-) After my second, the FA in first (A320) went back to coach to grab two more bottles. She made my third drink and then gave me the fourth bottle "to go."
Old Aug 29, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
It seems they only stock four per flight. I had three yesterday between ORD and PHL. :-) After my second, the FA in first (A320) went back to coach to grab two more bottles. She made my third drink and then gave me the fourth bottle "to go."
I believe it is four minis per liquor kit, but I could be mistaken.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:08 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by EWR764
I believe it is four minis per liquor kit, but I could be mistaken.
Flew HKG-SIN a few nights ago.

Asked for it and the FA came back with four different scotches/ whiskeys from which to choose, saying that they didn't have it. Being on a mission, I got up and looked through the cart. There was indeed none to be found. The other FA working in C also was familiar with it but said that they didn't get any since it was catered out of HKG.

Bummer.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Flew HKG-SIN a few nights ago.

Asked for it and the FA came back with four different scotches/ whiskeys from which to choose, saying that they didn't have it. Being on a mission, I got up and looked through the cart. There was indeed none to be found. The other FA working in C also was familiar with it but said that they didn't get any since it was catered out of HKG.

Bummer.
I'll be flying EWR- HKG - EWR in the coming week. I'll report back about its availability on the return flight.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
He had already emptied one in my glass and gave me a 2nd bottle without asking

Overall service on the flight was amazing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.