Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 Let's Eat - Domestic/Canada/Latin America First, Business, & p.s. BusinessFirst

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:09 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by st530
After flying my first coach segment in ages, I can definitively say that the best breakfast item on UA currently is the Southwest Bistro Scramble with stoopwaffel (French Toast souffle bumped to #2). I may have to start hoping for fewer upgrades on domestic morning flights!
Agree! That bistro scramble is amazing and quite filling. The stroopwaffel makes for a nice dessert.

Wish they would create something like that for F. The "fiesta omelette" they had back in May (I think) was nice and spicy but the bistro scramble definitely edges that and almost reminds me of huevos rancheros.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 8:28 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
Originally Posted by st530
After flying my first coach segment in ages, I can definitively say that the best breakfast item on UA currently is the Southwest Bistro Scramble with stroopwafel (French Toast souffle bumped to #2). I may have to start hoping for fewer upgrades on domestic morning flights!
i totally agree, i LOVE those greasy egg and potato bowls ^^^

next time you're in f you should just ask for it instead of the f options, i definitely will... at least in ac j they're more than happy to serve anything from the BoB (although ac j domestic catering is a bit better)

maybe a new trend here
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
EWR - LAX BF Flight 233 7/16/16

Salad and ravioli were decent, but the veggies in the ravioli were a bit on the soggy side. Not pictured are the rest of the appetizer and the oh-so-delicious cookies.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
UA 714 (BOS -> ORD) Dinner Service
22 July
A319
Last minute trip to Chicago for the week-end booked less than thirty-six hours in advance, so I was surprised that there were still F seats available. Well, one seat available.

A little bit of a late start due to late inbound aircraft. Nevertheless, full bar PDB service provided. FA was fantastic throughout the flight. Went with the Moscow Mule, being a Friday and all.

Offered warmed nuts with the aperitif. No hotel towel service. Choice of beef with vegetables or chicken mac and cheese. Went with the beef which was enjoyable. The sauce was nice and the vegetables still had a nice crunch. Seat mate had the mac and cheese which looked alright.

Wine was topped off throughout the flight, but it would be nice if UA offered a larger wine glass; it's a wine glass not a shot glass, right? Meal service was completed with the always delicious cookie.

All in all, a really wonderful flight despite the delay. The FA was friendly and service-oriented as opposed to "US Weekly" or "People" focused in the galley. I also really love the new interiors UA has put out. Plenty of space and the charging functionality is ideal. Tray table tablet function is nice too because you can watch your show/movie as you eat. Compared with AA's new interiors on their airbuses, UA wins hands down.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: *AG, Choice Privileges Elite Diamond, SPG Gold, La Quinta Returns Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold
UA 1680 PHX IAH
7-22-16

I opted for the shrimp salad, because of photos if the chicken sandwich I had seen previously in thus thread. I was not disappointed. The shrimp salad was actually quite good. I would highly recommend it.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
YVR-SFO Breakfast July 20
Continental breakfast: fruit plate and a cinnamon roll. The fruit was pretty good.

SFO-SFO Dinner July 5
I completely forget what I had. Or perhaps it was completely forgettable?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by 1kBill
YVR-SFO Breakfast July 20
Continental breakfast: fruit plate and a cinnamon roll. The fruit was pretty good.

SFO-SFO Dinner July 5
I completely forget what I had. Or perhaps it was completely forgettable?
I'm sure you don't remember what was served.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UA 340
IAD-SFO
Tuesday July 26
B777 Hawaii config

Choice of chicken katsu, short rib or butternut squash ravioli

Dessert cart with chocolate ice cream and toppings
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Lobster Mac on SFO-IAH UA815, yum.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
EWR-LAX
UA758

Boeing 757-200 p.s.
Meal: Breakfast

Menu

Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:32 pm

PHX-IAH
UA978

Boeing 737-900
Meal: Breakfast

Choice of Omelette or French Toast Souffle (below)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:33 pm

IAH-EWR
UA557

Boeing 767-300
Meal: Lunch

Choice of Enchilada or Roast Beef Salad (below)
Old Jul 30, 2016, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Five generally excellent UA flights this week to complete my 1K challenge.
I continue to be impressed by the quality of today's UA meals, so much better than anything you get these days on USdbaAA.

LAX-HNL
UA 1158
777-200 Hawaii configuration
8:00a-10:45a
July 25, 2016

Breakfast options were Hawaiian scrambled eggs, french toast or fruit plate. I opted for the excellent scrambled eggs, which got me a variation of the fruit plate.

HNL-EWR
UA 14
767-400
2:45p-6:30a +1
July 25, 2016
Dinner, Ambien and Breakfast

Excellent crew and the best domestic meal in the last couple of years.
Today's choices options were chicken katsu, short rib or butternut squash ravioli.

While the salad was just a meh...

The short rib was out of this world delicious. Accompanied by wasabi mash potatoes and sweet and sour stir fry veggies, this was one the best domestic dishes of the last couple of years on any airline.

While the lemon sorbet was refreshing, it's not really dessert. Just saying.

I popped an Ambien during dinner and went lie flat and to sleep shortly after dinner. Had a great 6 hours of sleep and awoke at around 60 minutes from landing, during breakfast service. I wasn't really hungry so I just picked at it.

EWR-NAS
UA 1458
A319
9:00a-12:10p (sked)
9:45a-12:30p (actual)
July 26, 2016
Breakfast

Bad luck today as the Nassau flight is on one of Jeff's penny pinching A319s, ordered without power outlets. Brilliant, yeah who need to recharge batteries these days. We were also delayed waiting for our crew who were arrived last night and couldn't legally depart at the scheduled time. Breakfast was a choice of omelet, french toast or fruit plate.

The french toast was delicious and one of UA's best breakfast offerings.

NAS-IAH
UA 1455
A319
2:00p-4:00p
July 26,2016
Lunch

Lunch choices of salmon, short ribs or some kind of pasta. I went with the salmon which was excellent.

And the usual fabulous baked on board chocolate chip cookie.

IAH-LAX
UA 1547
737-800 BSI
6:07p-7:45p
July 26, 2016
Dinner

Tonight's options were jambalaya, chicken or pasta, I think. I love United's jambalaya and didn't much listen after hearing that.

Salad was the same meh I've seen over the last couple of days.

Never get tired of the baked on board chocolate chip cookie.

Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
"While the lemon sorbet was refreshing, it's not really dessert. Just saying."

+1,000,000. Lemon is salad.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
"While the lemon sorbet was refreshing, it's not really dessert. Just saying."

+1,000,000. Lemon is salad.
It's a great palate cleanser.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.